Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Gray to stay?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Since 2007 for Barnsley and then Scunthorpe briefly on loan he has made 31 league starts and 42 sub appearances and scored...........FIVE goals!! Hardly better than what we have.

agreed but a big mobile lump up alongside Burton would work as a partnership
  • Options
    Sounds like Odejayi could be the new Leaburn!! The second coming could be upon us!
  • Options
    Isn't his claim to fame scoring against Chelsea and kncoking them out of the FA Cup at Oakwell?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]You could well be right. Has he played for Barnsley pre-season?

No.

He can't he's under contract.

That hasn't stopped Mou2 turning out for Pompey.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick
    agreed but a big mobile lump up alongside Burton would work as a partnership[/quote]

A non-scoring little'un alongside a non-scoring big'un then!
  • Options
    Burton's scored 5 goals in his last two home games
  • Options
    Yeah, leave the Jamaican Ronaldo alone.
  • Options
    I've seen him make some horrible errors in front of goal, but he's just the kind of lumbering hulk that I think we desperately need. With Gray's injury issues and salary going off the books it makes sense in a cutting your cloth kind of way. Yay for me, if true.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]You could well be right. Has he played for Barnsley pre-season?

No.

He can't he's under contract.
    Only means he can't play for them in a competitive match. You can play for other clubs in friendlies - trials (and tribulations).
  • Options
    Bit unsure about this one, his goalscoring record is abysmal, but I saw that game against Chelsea and he took his goal well, but more interestingly he gave the Chelsea defence an absolutely torrid time. He's certainly a very powerful presence up front, but we need a nippy goalscorer to partner him imo - NOT BURTON!

No idea if he has any pace, if he does then he might make a reasonable fist as a lone striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    It seems Barnsley are claiming the possible takeover is causing the delay on this transfer

http://www.barnsleyone.com/article_template.php?seqno=739
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]It seems Barnsley are claiming the possible takeover is causing the delay on this transfer
    Link?

Edit: Thanks!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]It seems Barnsley are claiming the possible takeover is causing the delay on this transfer

http://www.barnsleyone.com/article_template.php?seqno=739

been telling you that for days !!
  • Options
    sorry didn't see a link suggesting it.
  • Options
    "several interested parties"

hmm interesting
  • Options
    yeah I think there may be some elaboration in that article.
  • Options
    I've been reading these forums daily, sometimes hourly in the hope of some promising news. Odejayi is not promising. I have seen him when I used to live in Barnsley. He is slow, unskillful, has a bit of muscle but will do everything he has with that power to miss the target. If Barnsley are willing to pay more so we take Odejayi then maybe, but for me the fee would have to be huge. Kandol would be a much better option for this purpose and Burton with Dickson or Shelvey behind would be far more dangerous. This is my humble opinion and if Odejayi arrives then he'll need our support. He strikes me as a MASSIVE confidence player and so say all the Tikes I know.
  • Options
    pretty much my assessment of Odejayi mate from what i have seen and heard
  • Options
    Why did Gray play yesterday for us? Anyone have any info?
    I find it really odd, no sign of him all pre-season for us, then suddenly an appearance in our last pre-season friendly. If he genuinely is on his way, what if Solly was Gray instead and he was now out for a while, scuppering a potential move? It appears he is on a lot of wedge per week having read what others have said on the Board, so puzzled at this one.

Maybe, McLeod and Dicko are off and freeing enough slack to keep Gray, Burton and Fleetwood? Gray would bag 20 goals plus easily in this division I reckon, particularly if we have sorted out our service from the likes of Sam, Bailey, Jonjo and Racon this season. I hope he stays.
  • Options
    My thoughts, Parkinson wants to keep Gray, but, we can't afford his wages. The takeover will mean we can afford to keep him. Easy peasy lemon squeezy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope you are right SL.
  • Options
    Same here !
  • Options
    Is this also the case with Jon Fortune ?
  • Options
    Gray would be worth at least 10 goals a season, just taking penalties.

Remember he takes a penalty like Mendonca.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If he is back because he is staying, then something has been finalised or is about to as Barnsley wanted him and even said everything was all agreed. Although I hope Gray is happy to stay
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Gray would be worth at least 10 goals a season, just taking penalties.

Remember he takes a penalty like Mendonca.
    Burton doesn't seem to have a problem withs penalties so that is probably an over estimation of his penalty value! Gray is a quality forward, if he does stay then that surely bodes well
  • Options
    He played saturday and I didn't think him or Mcleod did much at all and thought Burton was more mobile when he came on and linked up well with some clever play with some of the younger players like Youga and Basey.
  • Options
    I personally feel that Burton is more of a goal threat than Gray and you can't play both of them together. So do we want to pay Gray a fortune to sit on our bench? if getting rid of Gray meant we could afford to keep Jon Fortune i'd much prefer that.
  • Options
    Yeah while Burton isn't quick, he's quicker than Gray. He has a better touch and I feel he's much more likely to set something up. Gray might not give away the ball, but Burton looks more likely to create something.
  • Options
    Barnsley are getting peed off with waiting and may switch their attentions elsewhere. Are we making the right decision here ? IF the fee is 600k could we get anyone better than Gray for that ? I think Andy will score goals but he isn't very mobile and not getting any younger. Even if the takeover goes ahead maybe we should cash in anyway.