Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Initial Supporters' Trust Meeting

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Just so this thread didnt become a list of non attendees I shall be there and got into work at 7 this morning so I'd be out on time to get there! check me out!

oooooh get you and and your dedication
  • I have put details of the meeting up on Doctor Kish now Henners. If you could e-mail me the notes/minutes/press release in due course, I will put those up as well.

The venture will obviously incur costs initially, legal formalities etc, will you be discussing funding?

I will not be able to attend tonight but wish you all well.
  • I am now unable to attend for work and family reasons.

However I am supportive of the aim and I would join if the membership fee was set at an affordable level and also contribute to purchasing shares or the pitch if feasible and again if the "portions" are set at an affordable level.

Unfortunately some of us cannot now attend for genuine reasons so i hope that there will be a report of proceedings on here and none of the "clique" nonsense that normally accompanies supporters gatherings.

You know the sort of thing: you weren't there so we're not telling you ner, ner, ner, ner, ner!

This concept is potentially too important to the future of our club for that kind of nonsense.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red God[/cite]I have put details of the meeting up on Doctor Kish now Henners. If you could e-mail me the notes/minutes/press release in due course, I will put those up as well.

The venture will obviously incur costs initially, legal formalities etc, will you be discussing funding?

I will not be able to attend tonight but wish you all well.

Cheers

There will be minutes/notes which I hope we can get out to people in the "near future" or "soon" whichever is quicker ; - )

Would be great to have them displayed on as many places as possible.

There will be costs and that will be one of the things we can discuss tonight no doubt. The venue tonight is free thanks to Ian Cartwright.
  • I don't see any reason why that should be in play Len, i'll happily provide a write up, time permitting.

As for the clique nonsense, well that to me is nonsense as well. When someone has given up their time to travel and speak to supporters and says "i'm happy to speak honestly to you, but i ask you not to put what i say on the internet or in written form", then you are put in a position. Personally, i think if someone is speaking to a group of 50+ then it is hardly a private discussion and should be treated that way, but equally is it right to go against what someone has politely asked for ?
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I don't see any reason why that should be in play Len, i'll happily provide a write up, time permitting.

As for the clique nonsense, well that to me is nonsense as well. When someone has given up their time to travel and speak to supporters and says "i'm happy to speak honestly to you, but i ask you not to put what i say on the internet or in written form", then you are put in a position. Personally, i think if someone is speaking to a group of 50+ then it is hardly a private discussion and should be treated that way, but equally is it right to go against what someone has politely asked for ?

A specific request for confidentiality is fair dos even if as you say it is a large gathering of 50+.

However as a longtime reader and poster here there have been times, in my opinion, when certain people have revelled in knowing things that others don't which can be irritating.

I just feel that the Supporters Trust COULD eventually become as important as The Valley Party to our future and wouldn't want to see it blighted by politicing nonsense in it's embryonic stages thus discouraging participation. That is all I am trying to say and counsel against.
  • edited August 2009
    AFKA, please do a write up of here that can be used elsewhere as that we save me having to do it.

The minutes will follow in any case as I said.

Len, those meetings are quite different from tonight and AFKA has explained the reasons.
  • cor dear - its already been said suzi is taking the mintues and they will be reported everywhere.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]cor dear - its already been said suzi is taking the mintues and they will be reported everywhere.

Fair enough.

I only skim read the thread before and missed the relevant post number 26.

My apologies!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

I just feel that the Supporters Trust COULD eventually become as important as The Valley Party to our future and wouldn't want to see it blighted by politicing nonsense in it's embryonic stages thus discouraging participation. That is all I am trying to say and counsel against.

whether there is politicking will be up to those who contribute but I agree that this could be the start of something important (takeover or no takeover) so I'm taking the advice of Supporters' Direct and trying to make it as open and inclusive as possible.

For that reason I didn't want an initial meeting for me and a few mates. Instead it:

is an open meeting in a venue that can hold up to 100 people.

It has been widely advertised, even on the OS, well in advance

There is an agenda advertised in advance

Suzi has kindly agreed to do the minutes so we know that will be done professionally.

Those minutes will be posted on the various messages boards including this one.

There will be other meetings after this one so that other and more fans can become involved and so that the process is open to everyone who wants to contribute.

See you tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Now I'm under pressure! Will spend wednesday typing up so hopefully get them circulated by wednesday pm but if everyone wants to make their own notes/comments then that's fine too.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Now I'm under pressure! Will spend wednesday typing up so hopefully get them circulated by wednesday pm but if everyone wants to make their own notes/comments then that's fine too.

Wednesday PM!! I expected you to stay all night drinking coffee and taking No Doze and have them ready by 9.00am at the latest.

Honestly, Suzi there is not that much of a rush. Do it in your own time and thanks again for doing it.
  • edited August 2009
    I'll still be there (was that a boo I heard) ;(
    Anything I can do to help tonight Henry?

Football cards, should I bring a couple? it would help raise a couple of quid!!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Now I'm under pressure! Will spend wednesday typing up so hopefully get them circulated by wednesday pm but if everyone wants to make their own notes/comments then that's fine too.

Could you circulate them by luinchtime please as I have a long lunch to attend?
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]I'll still be there (was that a boo I heard) ;(

Thanks for that but I think we are OK for now. Sure those cards will come in handy in the future. Don't want to ask people for money until it's clear where it's going.

I might ask you to go round and get peoples names and contact details so we can set up a mailing list if that is OK. I'll have some forms.
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]I'll still be there (was that a boo I heard) ;(

Thanks for that but I think we are OK for now. Sure those cards will come in handy in the future. Don't want to ask people for money until it's clear where it's going.

I might ask you to go round and get peoples names and contact details so we can set up a mailing list if that is OK. I'll have some forms.

No worrys, I'll do that. Would it be a good idea if people who cant make it whispered those details to me, and I added them to the list gathered tonight?
  • Good luck to you all this evening. I look forward to reading the minutes in due course.
  • I aim to be there tonight, but will definitely be late....hopefully about 7.30...hope that's OK?
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]I aim to be there tonight, but will definitely be late....hopefully about 7.30...hope that's OK?

First rule of meetings.

Never turn up late or miss them otherwise you find out you've been "volunteered" for something. : - )

See you when you get there.
  • Good stuff - thanks. Will be the sheepeish one who enters the room just as the speaker is wrappng up....
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Will be the sheepeish one who enters the room just as the speaker is wrappng up....

ha ha, in fact you'll arrive 30 seconds before i say "sorry to interupt, but i know that Charlie who has just arrived has very strong views on this subject, don't you Charlie ?"

:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Now I'm under pressure! Will spend wednesday typing up so hopefully get them circulated by wednesday pm but if everyone wants to make their own notes/comments then that's fine too.

Could you circulate them by lunchtime please as I have a long linching to attend?

Who's being strung up tomorrow?
  • Good 50 or so here, James Mathie from Supporters direct setting scene.
  • Stuck in traffic after accident shut a2. prob won't get there until eight
  • Can't make it, I hope it goes well. :(
  • I'm tweeting away Twitter.com/sachazarb
  • Thanks Rothko (sacha). Appreciated the tweets
  • btw for those into Tweeting on these types of things, the hashtag to use is #cafcst
  • what the feck is twitter when it's at home.