Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sol Campbell

Comments

• JohnBoyUK said:

Allow me...

Hahahahahahahaha

Deluded more like

• What a bellend.

"Maybe it was a lack of experience, things like that"

They're giving the job to Craig Bellamy........a man who's managed..........yes that's right. No one.

Yes, overlooked for a man that been accused of assault 4 times and thats not including his incident with a 3 iron and John Arne Riise.

Sol Campbell, ladies and gentlemen, the gift that keeps giving.
  • "I don't want to go too low that it's a struggle, and I don't want to go too low that I'm under someone and thinking 'what am I doing here?' I would rather be managing a club myself.

So he's one of the greatest minds in football, but couldn't do it at semi pro level...
  • I thought he was busy trying to become a Conservative MP?
  • Or Mayor of London or PM.
  • His LBC interviews when wanting to run for mayor were comedy gold and this article runs them close.
  • That is very very funny.

Being turned down because Craig Bellamy is going to be less chippy than you as a manager. Wow. That would be a long hard look in the mirror. And some Prozac.
  • Sponsored links:

• Guess he can with that Rooney rule
  • Bloke's totally deluded
  • So what? Both Sherwood and Southgate already had strong relationships and knowledge of those clubs and players.

Sol needs to stop making so many waves in the press as I’m sure this gives the impression that he’d be an utter ball ache to work with from a Chairman’s perspective.

How many clubs have chased after Curbishley after he kicked off and then sued West Ham?

• Think Simons forgetting how much of an arrogant, self-righteous prick Sol Campbell his, regardless of his badges and experience with a Caribbean team.
  • Southgate finished his career and went straight to work with Middlesbrough as a coach, same with Tim Sherwood I think

Hell just look at Jason Pearce... He's still in his 20s and doesnt he coach one of our Youth teams too?

Am sorry but Sol Campbell thinks he's better than everyone else, he left the game rather than continuing yet whats worse is the fact that a lot of owners probably remember when he went missing @ Arsenal and stuck with Notts County for one game... Not the sort of determination you want from someone who'll need to set an example
  • 5Live just played his interview with Arsenal TV, actually I think it was his Mum speaking. What has happened to his voice?
  • He’s also conveniently forgetting that Sherwood was working with Spurs U21’s and youth teams for a few years, before stepping up in a Caretaker manager role for the first team. But then that won’t get the responses he craves.
  • Sponsored links:

• He seems to forget what Southgate & Sherwood were like.
    Southgate inherited a team that had won a trophy recently and played in a European final, and took them down in a few years.
    Sherwood was such a success that Levy binned him off and Villa hardly shined under him
  • Thing is Sol won't get jobs essentially down to his personality. But he'd never believe that.
  • I think with this interview and his spell at Notts County that it is clear he deluded. He probably thinks management would be as easy as he thought dropping down to league 2 would be. utter utter knob
  • A manager has to have man management skills - it isn't just about experience and super human intelligence. It takes all sorts, but where as you can imagine players running over hot coals for somebody like Chrissy Powell, it is harder to imagine them feeling the same about Campbell.
  • On TalkSport now.

"If noone is going to say it for me then I'm going to say it"
  • I went to a charity lunch event before Christmas. it was "A lunch with Sol Campbell and Michael Owen"

I can safely report they are two of the most boring and bland people you could wish to meet.

Sol has this chip on his shoulder that it's about the colour of his skin. It's nothing to do with that - it's more that he has no charisma or experience in coaching. Not to mention the fact he throws the race card out there at every available opportunity. He is going to make himself unemployable
  • He is not short of confidence

I want him to get a job as a manager...he wants the public attention and decides to say things that is like a young mourinho

"Special one" ... "Greatest mind in football"

Give him a chance
  • edited February 2018
    Maybe towards the end of his career he could have joined a lower league club as a player manager or coach and built up some affinity and knowledge of a club. It is how a lot of ex-players got managerial jobs - I mean uisng an example we know- Curbs played for us, Pardew played for us, Powell played for us. There is a decent chance JJ will be a Charlton manager at some point - more chance than him becoming Rotherham or Peterborough manager for instance. Maybe if Campbell was as intelligent as he thinks, he might have prepared the ground for a role!

If I was paid to go to a lunch with Michael Owen and Sol Campbell, it would have to be quite a lot of money to get me to go!