Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sol Campbell

Comments

• He’d do better than Robinson
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Wonder why he doesnt get a management job
  • Maybe heading the ball does guide you dementia.

You sure its not grandeur in Sol Campbell's case?
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    haha second video he's saying it in the tone of some one who's only just found out they're a year older than they thought they were.
  • Sol Campbell, literally doesn't know what day it is .
  • The bloke wonders why he doesn’t get job in management - he’s doesn’t even know how old he is.
  • Wow, he really does talk shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• The guy’s clearly got issues with his mental health.
  • Sol Campbell, literally doesn't know what day it is .

Or year!
  • edited September 2018

The guy’s clearly got issues with his mental health.

Or, as we used to say a few years back, he's a bit thick
  • Thick as mince.
  • I hope he does well.
    He was a great player who played at the highest level. You'd think he has a lot to offer.
    The snide comments about him aren't worthy really.
    He'll sink or swim now on what he does. Which is how it should be.
  • He didn't get the job because of his talent. Its a box ticking exercise to have blacks in coaching roles.

100% this.
  • iainment said:

I hope he does well.
    He was a great player who played at the highest level. You'd think he has a lot to offer.

He was a first class player to be sure. That doesn't mean that he isn't also a first class bell-end. There certainly appears to be an expectation on his part that he somehow deserves a job just because he is Sol Campbell and the only reason no-one else sees it is RACISM, RACISM EVERYWHERE.
  • thenewbie said:

iainment said:

I hope he does well.

He was a first class player to be sure. That doesn't mean that he isn't also a first class bell-end. There certainly appears to be an expectation on his part that he somehow deserves a job just because he is Sol Campbell and the only reason no-one else sees it is RACISM, RACISM EVERYWHERE.
    I agree he's a difficult person to like or respect but he has something to give. And this is the way to test if he can pass his experience and knowledge on. As I understand it it's not a job but a form of internship.
    As I said he'll sink or swim on what he's able to do.
  • iainment said:

thenewbie said:

iainment said:

I hope he does well.

I agree he's a difficult person to like or respect but he has something to give. And this is the way to test if he can pass his experience and knowledge on. As I understand it it's not a job but a form of internship.
    As I said he'll sink or swim on what he's able to do.
    True enough. But he's made one hell of a rod for his own back with some of what he's said. I don't want him to fail but if he does I am sure it will be everyone's fault except his own.
    His playing ability is unquestioned but that is no guarantee of being any good as a coach/manager at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2018
    Carter said:

I thought Sol Campbell was one of the best centre halves in the world in the late nineties and early 2000's, he is right, he was a great reader of the game and a warrior of a defender.

Put into my world, I fancy myself as being good at what I do and have been for years, would I go into management? Would I bollocks, I don't have the temperament for it, Sol Campbell I'm sure is on some kind of antagonistic mission, a rebel without a cause. What does he want to happen? Someone open a previously closer door because of his skin pigmentation? That's taking the piss put of men with the same skin tone who have gotten on and done it, what's Sol Campbell done in regards coaching professional footballers? I appreciate he made a militant stand at Portsmouth but what has he put into the PFA beyond his subs?

I'll never knock someone for wanting to better themselves, regardless of how hard they have worked l, it's their decision, to use the media to whinge about not getting a chance though. That's an insult to men who have lost their job and never found another one on football without ever having earned what Soloman has to have a safety net so end up working in Aldi

If Sol Campbell wanted to get into management he had options. Firstly, whilst he was still good enough playing wise he could have gone to a lower league club as a player manager. And even if he didn't do that, he could have gone as low as he needed to and work his way up.

Sometimes managers are lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. Bowyer may fall into that category. But some potential managers want to start too high and that is why they don't find work. I don't believe it has anything to do with race. I would never look at how many black managers there are managing today - but how many teams have employed a black manager even if they don't have one now? They clearly are open to having a black manager.

By actually looking at the facts in the right way it might point you in other directions to understand the problem. For instance, maybe fewer black players are taking their badges, and maybe too many foreign coaches are being employed! But citing racism should not be the automatic conclusion, though I do agree it has to be challenged when it is there. I believe that every club wishes to appoint the manager most likely to bring them success. They may be wrong like our owner has been quite often, but they don't employ a manager to fail and race would not be a factor in that. Campbell's job is the same as any other potential manager that wants the job - try to convince them he is the right man for it.
  • Set to be unveiled as the Macclesfield manager
  • Set to be unveiled as the Macclesfield manager

Fair play to him on starting at the very bottom.
  • Didn't Macclesfield give Paul Ince his first manager's job? Good luck to Sol, they are currently 7 points from safety having only 10 points. I'll look up the odds of them getting relegated when i get in. :smile:
  • Is he going to continue with his England duties as well? (as part of the U21 coaching staff?)

Going to be difficult for him to do so if that happens