Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

charlton and leeds, at 1st and 2nd with maximum points

that has to have an effect on the rest of the division...if we accept that both clubs are probably in among the favourites for promotion, both will be looked upon as well supported for this division, both will be expected to go up sooner rather than later...it must be a big psychological blow to the rest who may now already, rightly or wrongly could thinking that all they've got to play for now is the play-offs...if both of us can keep it going at the top for next few games it could break the rest of the division...

Comments

• Options
    Leeds look very confident at the moment. The sods.
  • Options
    leeds have been confident starters in recent seasons but prone to but prone to choke later on...the prefect team for us...help us break the hearts of the chasing pack then watch them fall away...early days yet to be getting carried away i know but if we are going to go for it then we will need to accept the fact that we are top and winning...teams that think they are winners, win...teams that think they're not winners, lose...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: letthegoodtimesroll[/cite]leeds have been confident starters in recent seasons but prone to but prone to choke later on...the prefect team for us...help us break the hearts of the chasing pack then watch them fall away...early days yet to be getting carried away i know but if we are going to go for it then we will need to accept the fact that we are top and winning...teams that think they are winners, win...teams that think they're not winners, lose...
    ...whereas Charlton tend to start badly, have a mid-season slump, then tail off towards the end of the season.
  • Options
    not in this division they dont...
  • Options
    We have played 4 games against 4 poor opponents. You can only beat those put in front of you so it's certainly happy days for now. I hope it continues but certainly won't get carried away.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]We have played 4 games against 4 poor opponents. You can only beat those put in front of you so it's certainly happy days for now. I hope it continues but certainly won't get carried away.

As you say we can only beat what is put in front of us, but you get as many points for a win against a relegation candidate as you do against a promotion chaser, and we have possibly the easiest start to get our team playing with confidence.

Wow, that sounded quite Pardew-esque.
  • Options
    Wait till Leeds sell Beckford then watch them slump.
  • Options
    Just wait to we play some of the leagues "good" teams then we can judge how good we really are.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Just wait to we play some of the leagues "good" teams then we can judge how good we really are.

Except most seasons we're normally bemoaning the fact that we do OK v the top teams then throw away points against the bottom ones. Nice to get the latter right for once, and will be even better if we can rise to the occasion when we come up against the other contenders.
  • Options
    Being able to play nice passing footy on nice pitches at the moment is fine but wait til the bad weather sets in and the pitches start cutting up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It wont matter, by the time the bad weather comes and the pitches cut up we will be promoted.
    Lets have some positive vibes.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Christ Almighty. So we've only won four games because the opposition were all shite and we're playing on nice pitches.

I sometimes wonder just what would need to happen to make some people happy. God knows we've suffered enugh over the past few years, so just bloody enjoy it while it lasts.
  • Options
    I think thats a fair point whether after few games us and leeds could break away which i would be more then happy with! equally if we did on our own
    but i dissagree this will have any other effect on any other teams other then the ones we are playing, they may think oh charlton are on a run so we have to play our best to even to get a draw. psychology this could go both ways, either teams could be up for it wen we are not and spring a suprise, or they could come to us fearing the worse therefore are easily beaten, or could be they come to us in fear and park the bus and hope to get a draw wen at the valley

i have a feeling we will do better away from home for that reason and that teams will try and play us at there own grounds
  • Options
    We are top of the league say we are top of the league....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Christ Almighty. So we've only won four games because the opposition were all shite and we're playing on nice pitches.

I sometimes wonder just what would need to happen to make some people happy. God knows we've suffered enugh over the past few years, so just bloody enjoy it while it lasts.

This made me laugh Offy - You're so right, we'd win the Champs league and people would be moaning that we'd have never have beaten Real madrid if they got to the final...... well maybe not.
  • Options
    4 games thats all we have played lets not get carried away. Good so far and an interesting thread but the teams we have played all not really Leeds.
  • Options
    I tell you what I'd be happy to lose to the 4 or so "good teams" home and away and then win the rest.

We'd still go up and I don't care. We've won 4 out of 4 FFS.
  • Options
    I agree dont care to much if we lose games so long as we go up i will be happy. Wouldn't want to lose to Norwich am really angry with them since i watched the football league shopw on saturday night. I just dont see how they can do a whole programe on that mickey mouse club with its poof fans making no noise even when they are winning.
  • Options
    Us, Leeds, Saints & Naaarwich are seen as big scalps in this league.
  • Options
    Saints ignore them -8 points put Millwall in there instead they started shite lasty season and got playoffs there ok in this league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Wait till Leeds sell Beckford then watch them slump.

Rumoured to be on his way to Bolton this week
  • Options
    yep how can we moan , all charlton fans should be happy with our lot , this is an amazing league, even though it's only the 15th season we've spent in the 3rd tier in our 82 years of league football , we also have the chance to enter a painting trophy competition and play millwall for the first time in 13 years and palace are looking down on us from a league above....
    life would be easier if we went to the fourth division then we could win every game and we can't moan about that cos that would be really exciting (for some)...
    yes it is great that we're winning but ffs it aint that great ... still each to their own but i know in 25 years time i wont be talking about our amazing win against orient with 3k of fans there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]but i know in 25 years time i wont be talking about our amazing win against orient with 3k of fans there
    Nope, you'll still be talking about our away support and your man love for Curbs!
  • Options
    correct WSS amongst other things!!
  • Options
    I think the strongest teams have already risen to the top and I can't see much change to the top seven except Narwich butting in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    Us...... Leeds, Saints & Naaarwich are seen as big scalps in this league.

U's are Colchester, aren't they .... ?

;o)
  • Options
    Why get worked up about Leeds.....just another side who looked average against Millwall last year....

We will lose to someone sooner or later, its how we bounce back that will give us an indication of how strong we are as a unit.
  • Options
    Yea can see Barnses team proving difficult it will take a whole season undefeated for me to ever feel complacent about any game to be honest after some of the jokes we lost to last season.
  • Options
    Nice way to start - especially the helpful home friendly with Walsall. We have every reason to expect success, can't wait to go back to the galpharm glaxo wellcome beechams neurofen stadium again and see Charlton bombing forward like we mean and know we're going be winners. Another strike like Robbo's wouldn't go amiss either.
  • Options
    What's the problem?

Two teams will get automatic promotion, does it matter that Leeds are doing as well as we are? If both teams keep this form up the problem will be for the rest of the division to figure out and which of them will get promoted via the play-offs. Our worry will be whether we finish first or second.