Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

charlton and leeds, at 1st and 2nd with maximum points

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: theeenorth[/cite]
    All in good time, will enjoy the ride though if we spend the next two / three years winning our way back.

And now that we've seemed to have 'bottomed out', that's the aim!

We can still re-live the Prem years ...... that's what our old Charlton DVD's are for.

But let's just roll up to the next match, get behind our team and enjoy the day with mates and beers
    - enjoy our football (while we can, lol) ......but look forward to 5 years time in the Prem when we can draw 0-0 at home to Stoke City and get dicked at a silent Emirates......!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: theeenorth[/cite]I don't hold our time in the prem as the golden age, I certainly don't remember it as fondly as the time in Division 1 with Lawrence. Maybe that's my age affecting my judgement, younger then, more excitable, older now, more cynical certainly.
    In reality the difference between top division and the rest is 6 or 7 clubs that have become permanent fixtures and the higher profile the club gets. In effect what folk are saying is that playing Arse, Man Utd, Liverpool and Spuzz is what matters more than anything else.
    Not sure where I stand on that, it was good to beat them, but became very tedious being fodder at Old Trafford. If anything the best bit about top division was being on an "equal" footing against the London clubs and being able to give plenty of verbals to people in the pub when we did well in derbies.
    All in good time, will enjoy the ride though if we spend the next two / three years winning our way back.
    My feelings exactly. I was more confident in 86 that we would make an impact in Div1 than in the latter Prem years. It seemed to be in those days that the 'successful' clubs rotated more at the top (Leeds, Liverpool, Forest, Derby, Arsenal even Spurs, Coventry etc) at the moment I can't see anyone ever challanging the Sky4 - somewhat takes the fun out of it if you know you've got no hope of winning a trophy...
  • Options
    Any news on the latest DVD's ?
  • Options
    I know it sounds stupid....

But I really couldn't give a fuck what league we are in....

I prefer the winning thing, as long as I can shout "YES!!" as a goal goes in and then be chuffed to bits at the fianl whistle thatn thats it....

to be mixing it in the top flight is great and to bloody the odd nose... we are miles from there at the momnet, the biggest advantage for me would be that I could watch us... but to see us get beaten every time we play the top 10 would not be my idea of fun...

going into games relatively confident is great...

but we know it isnt sustainable at this level... weve got NO money ....

and the main problem is really unless we are in the Prem we wont have enough money .... ever... really...

So we may be back to Canon fodder for the top teams in the country soon enough, or maybe never again...

as long as the club is alive and we are likely to get a result, then im happy...
  • Options
    another week and both teams still have their foot on the pedal and starting to put a bit of daylight between themselves and 3rd spot...
  • Options
    Let'd just hope we can keep hold of our best players this week with the window closing and the likes of Beckford are sold. Leeds imo will be a contender with or without Beckford but if he goes, they lose 30 odd goals and have a massive pyschological blow. Last season when Beckford was suspended they did not look the same team
  • Options
    Its of course hard to knock but it is still very early.
  • Options
    well done the parky 11
  • Options
    Personally I have no problem with Leeds getting all the attention (The football league show tonight shows this), let the media praise leeds whilst we go about our business quietly. When we were relegated in 99, there were some big teams (Blackburn, City, Ipswich) in Div 1 and I think we excelled as being the dark horses in the early months
  • Options
    another week and a bit more daylight between us and 3rd spot as the teams below start their own mini-league...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's hard to be Dark Horses sitting on top of the league .... (!)

Every team in the division knows we're there!

;o)