Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should we ever play other clubs "behind closed doors"?

Comments

• Options
    I went to a Westham "freindly against Napoli and it all kicked off then. People getting dragged out of cars, Bill everywhere. Tube station closed. Was listening to a group in the Queens who said the firm was trying to get up and running again. ICF back in action apparently.
  • Options
    shit game it was too mill
  • Options
    Just enjoying one of your beers old son.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]How would you feel if Charlton decided to close the ground to all fans when we play Millwall?[/quote]

I'd feel that we were giving in to the scumbags. As said elsewhere there isn't as much animosity between us and Millwall as there is between Millwall and WestHam. Not saying there won't be some idiots up for it but it'll be nothing like tonight. I've been to plenty Charlton v Millwall and unless you go looking for it I've never had any trouble. Even watched in home areas at The Den and when we scored I wasn't the only Charlton fan around.
  • Options
    If you think it was all West Ham tonight it is not the case. Wall were just as bad and their usual scummy selves the fact is though they couldn't get onto the pitch and weren't on camera, outside the ground was a different story all together two words, typical wall.
  • Options
    No way.

The club need to ensure though that no Millwall fan gets in the home areas. To buy a ticket I would suggest you need to be a red card holder with tickets bought for 3 different games before the Millwall game.

Any Charlton fan found buying tickets for Millwall fans should have season tickets withdrawn.

This all may sound over the top but if you give this lot an inch they will take a mile.
  • Options
    I doubt I will bring my 9 year old to the game, however we shouldn't give in to bullies and thugs either. No surrender to the millwall, eh
  • Options
    why play it behind closed doors,

yes there was trouble outside wetspams ground last night but the majority of stuff during the game was from the hamsters not millsmall,

shite planning by the authorities who thought their " Intellegence" was up to speed not enough OB the 1000 OB mentioned at the begining was a load of ballcocks the hoolies were always going to be at it for this game.

the feelings between us and millsmall though tense at times is no where near the levels of them and wetspam the OB will not get caught out like this again everyone involved in anything violent (not the pitch invasions) inside or out last night should kiss their wives and kids goodbye for atleast 12 months as the footage of it will have been so conclusive that within the next few weeks the OB will be on their door and some stuffy old fecka of a judge will be locking them away
  • Options
    "they couldn't get onto the pitch "

Believe me, they could.

"and weren't on camera"

Believe me, they were.

This might be difficult for some to swallow, but it might just be that Millwall actually behaved inside the ground?

As for outside the ground? That's not football. They're not what i'd call Millwall OR west ham fans. Sickening.

As some have said, can't see it going off like this when we play each other. Sure, there might be little pockets of it going off here and there, but nothing OB won't have firmly under control. That, and it'll be kids at it too.
  • Options
    Hope a thread like this may get started posted the below in one earlier but i think this one is more appropriate

So seeing as Millwall havent played west ham in years and this happened.
    When Millwall visit us seeing as we havnt met in 20 odd years do we think simillar scens will occur at the Valley and New Den. I need some of you slightly older heads who were there last time we met to let me know that is all ok and wont happen at our great stadium lol confidence is a bit knocked for ouor games against Millwall as my cousin got caught up in all the mess at Upton Park yeaterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It hasnt been anywhere near twenty years since we last met millwall
    And it hasnt been twenty years since west ham met millwall
  • Options
    Its more the fact that we havnt played them in 20 odd years that worrys me they are small minded f***ers who think because we aint played them in a while we will turn up. i think as im 22 and i think its childish and these were 40 year old blokes getting involved its proberbly time they grew up. I used to enjoy fighting when i was 15 but grew up at about 17 and thought how childish it is.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]It hasnt been anywhere near twenty years since we last met millwall
    And it hasnt been twenty years since west ham met millwall[/quote]

Ok sorry if i have been misinformed but i cant remember being at a game with Millwall involved and have been goingt for nearly 16 years home and away
  • Options
    Last time in the league was '96 friendly in 05 i think??
  • Options
    if you don't want any trouble then you'll be fine, go looking it and I'm sure you'll find it when we play them.
  • Options
    Just checked my Charlton Bible(courtesy of colin cameron)

9th March 1996,
    Charlton 2 - 0 Millwall

12 arrests and 15 ejections
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]if you don't want any trouble then you'll be fine, go looking it and I'm sure you'll find it when we play them.

Exactly. I reckon there will be very little trouble in and around Charlton. However, places like Bexleyheath (Camden, town centre etc) could be very lively in the evening ............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]if you don't want any trouble then you'll be fine, go looking it and I'm sure you'll find it when we play them.

True - but some people don't want to be anywhere near such a hostile atmosphere. I've been to several of these games in the past and I've always had to temper my enthusiasm because there's a group of nearby Millwall 'fans' in the home area spoiling for trouble - it completely detracts from enjoying the game. I won't be making a 290 round trip just to spend 2 hours making sure I don't 'spill someone's pint'
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited August 2009
    Groucho, so who threw the bottle at the West Ham player, who threw ripped out seats on the pitch, and had a fight with the stewards at the front of the away end at the beginning of the game?

I knew a few websites where those involved are talking about it, and admittedly West Ham were "more up for the pitch invasions" etc inside the ground, but to say all the Millwall fans inside the ground behaved is complete tosh, maybe not to the extent that the west hams fans misbehaved, but there was still trouble in the Millwall end.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]

True - but some people don't want to be anywhere near such a hostile atmosphere. I've been to several of these games in the past and I've always had to temper my enthusiasm because there's a group of nearby Millwall 'fans' in the home area spoiling for trouble - it completely detracts from enjoying the game. I won't be making a 290 round trip just to spend 2 hours making sure I don't 'spill someone's pint'

If peeps are worried then dont go. I am actually looking forward to it. A few beers in the Oak, a good south london derby, and hopefully 3 points. Now I have said that I will most probably end up getting a smack in the mounth :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cool thanks for all advice guys cant be bothered to be a pussy about it i am no trouble causer and will stay well clear of any agro i go to football to enjoy the day out not to be a small minder F***er and try and start a ruck and ultimatly get my head kicked in anyway cos if anyone has seen me imnot the largest bloke in da world lol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]A few beers in the Oak

Don't think any of the pubs will be open that day mate.
  • Options
    Play behind closed doors? Why? That is the most ridiculous post ever on this forum - and that takes some doing!
  • Options
    Play behind closed doors? Why? That is the most ridiculous post ever on this forum - and that takes some doing!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Balls!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]A few beers in the Oak

Don't think any of the pubs will be open that day mate.

That is bad news cos I would rather get my smack in the mouth after I have had a few beers :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]A few beers in the Oak[/quote]

Don't think any of the pubs will be open that day mate.[/quote]

That is bad news cos I would rather get my smack in the mouth after I have had a few beers :-)[/quote]

lol ditto
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Play behind closed doors? Why? That is the most ridiculous post ever on this forum - and that takes some doing!
    Shall I put you down as a "maybe"?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Play behind closed doors? Why? That is the most ridiculous post ever on this forum - and that takes some doing!
    Yep...and it'll take some beating.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    After last night i think its quiet an topical post y be a hater on others post if it dont interest you just ignore it but dont just hate on it for no reason