Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should we ever play other clubs "behind closed doors"?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]After last night i think its quiet an topical post y be a hater on others post if it dont interest you just ignore it but dont just hate on it for no reason
    Eh?
  • Options
    With the greatest respect "Ru1986", that's bollocks.

"No reason"? Have a good long hard think about that sunshine.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]With the greatest respect "Ru1986", that's bollocks.

"No reason"? Have a good long hard think about that sunshine.
    Your prob right about it being a pointless topic as non of us on here are actually intested in fighting or anyhting Millwall do to be honest so long as we beat them i dont care.

Going for 2-0 us at the Valley and 2-1 at their gaff.
  • Options
    Da9- I don't question for one minute that you know of people there who witnessed first hand what happened, but I think 1 persons version of events can differ to a person 10 rows along in the same stand. I'm not saying it was all wh or all mill but just because you have a mate who was there who said how it happened doesn't mean it did, nor did it mean 'all millwall' or 'all wh' behaved in a certain way.

The exaggeration of reports with regards to peoples behaviour is terrible imo. Not talking bout your post Da9 but just in general. The fight last night was prob organised on both sides by no more than 10 people eaxh - word gets round on internet , invite mates etc etc, before you know it 100 people from both sides know about a specific fight. Right - that's fine as 100 from each side fight each other keeps it away from those who don't want to get involved. Sadly a few more get fragged into it and prob as many as 250 from each side get involved. Police reports a major riot and before you know it - reports say 'all' fans from both sides involved.

It is exaggeration of the worst degree as there are thousands of west ham fans that wouldn't get involved and similar percentage of millwall fans that are there just to see football. Don't let it descend into the nonsense it has become because of a minority. It is awful what happened and I hope those hurt are ok same as those who had their enjoyment spoilt of the game by witnessing violence. They're who I feel sorry for as they have to witness it and then get tarnished with the sam brush due to the internet, news sites and message boards.
  • Options
    Fair points Suzi, but then again ALL Millwall are scum. FACT.
  • Options
    IMO most Millwall fans revel in it even if they themselves don't get involved. They could have done a lot more to weed out these so called fans if they had wanted to but they love the 'no-one likes us we don't care' thing. If you were Millwall and went last night you knew what would happen, to take kids is insane.
  • Options
    "maybe not to the extent that the west hams fans misbehaved"

But this is not, and never will be, about west ham fans, is it? You're only interested in what Millwall get up to. I listened to the coverage on t'wireless and Phil Thompson creaming his pants on SSN. Both said that it was west ham misbehaving in the ground, and the Millwall weren't having it. That said, i'm aware that there was a bit of agro with OB, and that a plastic bottle was thrown at Stanislas. Let be honest, the little pr*ck was lucky it was only a bottle that came his way. It could've been a lot lot worse for him. I should imagine the powers-that-be at Upton Park will be having a few choice words with the lad. All i know is, from what two of my cousins who were there said, Wall were not interested in getting onto the pitch. Thats NOT to say no one was up for a ruck (...just before you try an accuse me of clearing us of any blame).

As for outside the ground, thats got f**k all to do with football for me. Thats just a pile of w*nkers with nothing better to do. And im fairly sure there would've been a few Spurs and Chelsea turning out as well.
  • Options
    Have to agree with Suzi.

I would not mind betting there is as much violence at the Notting Hill Carnival/ Green Protests etc this week. Neither of which will get anywhere near the mass publicity or cause the hystiria that last night has.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Da9- I don't question for one minute that you know of people there who witnessed first hand what happened, but I think 1 persons version of events can differ to a person 10 rows along in the same stand. I'm not saying it was all wh or all mill but just because you have a mate who was there who said how it happened doesn't mean it did, nor did it mean 'all millwall' or 'all wh' behaved in a certain way.

The exaggeration of reports with regards to peoples behaviour is terrible imo. Not talking bout your post Da9 but just in general. The fight last night was prob organised on both sides by no more than 10 people eaxh - word gets round on internet , invite mates etc etc, before you know it 100 people from both sides know about a specific fight. Right - that's fine as 100 from each side fight each other keeps it away from those who don't want to get involved. Sadly a few more get fragged into it and prob as many as 250 from each side get involved. Police reports a major riot and before you know it - reports say 'all' fans from both sides involved.

It is exaggeration of the worst degree as there are thousands of west ham fans that wouldn't get involved and similar percentage of millwall fans that are there just to see football. Don't let it descend into the nonsense it has become because of a minority. It is awful what happened and I hope those hurt are ok same as those who had their enjoyment spoilt of the game by witnessing violence. They're who I feel sorry for as they have to witness it and then get tarnished with the sam brush due to the internet, news sites and message boards.

Not going on what the websites told me regards inside the ground, based on what I have read from first hand accounts the West Ham fans were more than up for it last night and Millwall cannot take all the blame for what went on outside.

My point is Groucho stated that maybe the Millwall fans inside the ground behaved, from what I saw myself on SSN last night there was fighting in the Millwall end before the game, a bottle was thrown at the West Ham player who equalised, and also chairs were being ripped out and thrown from the Millwall end.
  • Options
    been going on with this lot since 1930s (long before white trainers). There is always an excuse, always people who say"its not ALL scumwall fans" blah blah blah. Yes it takes two sides to have a riot but defending this lot is like defending a serial mass murderer "oooooooooooooooo he cant help it ooooooooooooo it was society ooooooooooooo it was his upbringing " total f**kin hog wash bollox . They love it love it love it.

The "nice" Millwall (joke) also have their car stickers and t shirts with "no 1 likes us" --------------------- no one likes piles either, but thats one pain in the arse that can be dealt with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But this is not, and never will be, about west ham fans, is it? You're only interested in what Millwall get up toor me. .[/quote]

Agree 100% everyone at work today is talking about Millwall no mention of West Ham.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]"maybe not to the extent that the west hams fans misbehaved"

But this is not, and never will be, about west ham fans, is it? You're only interested in what Millwall get up to. I listened to the coverage on t'wireless and Phil Thompson creaming his pants on SSN. Both said that it was west ham misbehaving in the ground, and the Millwall weren't having it. That said, i'm aware that there was a bit of agro with OB, and that a plastic bottle was thrown at Stanislas. Let be honest, the little pr*ck was lucky it was only a bottle that came his way. It could've been a lot lot worse for him. I should imagine the powers-that-be at Upton Park will be having a few choice words with the lad. All i know is, from what two of my cousins who were there said, Wall were not interested in getting onto the pitch. Thats NOT to say no one was up for a ruck (...just before you try an accuse me of clearing us of any blame).

As for outside the ground, thats got f**k all to do with football for me. Thats just a pile of w*nkers with nothing better to do. And im fairly sure there would've been a few Spurs and Chelsea turning out as well.
    *shakes head in utter disbelief*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]

a plastic bottle was thrown at Stanislas. Let be honest, the little pr*ck was lucky it was only a bottle that came his way. It could've been a lot lot worse for him

yeah, lucky git ah?
  • Options
    yaeh those "real millwall" fans the fluffy ones would have done what then ? errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr run on the pitch and attacked him you mean ? oooooooooooooo dear your f**kin halo slipped there didnt it.
  • Options
    There is absolutely no possibility of a repeat of last night when we play Millwall. I would guess we have a total of about 50 fans who would actively seek to engage in the kind of mindless mob violence we saw last night. Not enough to get the juices flowing for the small minority of Millwall ‘violence’ junkies.

Also, on the day we play Millwall at the Valley West Ham are at home to Chelsea. I reckon as we speak the so called Millwall fans who travelled to West Ham without tickets (probably because they hardly attend any normal games so were very low in any ticket priority scheme), and were involved in all the violence outside the ground, are busy forming alliances and plans with their fellow Chelsea ‘violence’ junkies so they can get another ‘fix’ and won’t be anywhere near the Valley on that day.
  • Options
    Really hope you are right SE8
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]There is absolutely no possibility of a repeat of last night when we play Millwall. I would guess we have a total of about 50 fans who would actively seek to engage in the kind of mindless mob violence we saw last night. Not enough to get the juices flowing for the small minority of Millwall ‘violence’ junkies.

Also, on the day we play Millwall at the Valley West Ham are at home to Chelsea. I reckon as we speak the so called Millwall fans who travelled to West Ham without tickets (probably because they hardly attend any normal games so were very low in any ticket priority scheme), and were involved in all the violence outside the ground, are busy forming alliances and plans with their fellow Chelsea ‘violence’ junkies so they can get another ‘fix’ and won’t be anywhere near the Valley on that day.

Millwall has a large minority (if that is not a contradiction in terms) of violent fans. 10% at least.

At the Millwall v Birmingham match a few seasons back 9,000 attended and 900 were arrested, the majority Millwall fans, so the facts speak for themselves.

I have spoken to a West Ham fan who was there last night and his take on it was that Millwall fans were mainly the instigators of what happened outside the ground but the stuff inside the ground was predominantly West Ham. I will get a Millwall perspective from someone that was there later today or tomorrow.
  • Options
    DA9 / Chizz - As suspected, some have completely misinterpreted the point i wasa trying to make.

My point was that he could've (COULD'VE!!) ended up with a lot worse. Thankfully he didn't. It might have been beneficial for someone to have a bit of a word with him before the game about his possible intentions to celebrate a goal in front of the away support. We're not talking about Fulham or Bolton here. He's a f**king prat for what he did, and hopefully will know better next time.

You honestly think i'm condoning someone running onto the pitch and putting one on him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]DA9 / Chizz - As suspected, some have completely misinterpreted the point i wasa trying to make.

My point was that he could've (COULD'VE!!) ended up with a lot worse. Thankfully he didn't. It might have been beneficial for someone to have a bit of a word with him before the game about his possible intentions to celebrate a goal in front of the away support. We're not talking about Fulham or Bolton here. He's a f**king prat for what he did, and hopefully will know better next time.

You honestly think i'm condoning someone running onto the pitch and putting one on him?

Not saying you are, but you have to admit it reads like that, apologies if that was not your intention.
  • Options
    the problem is not with what fans are in the ground as this is more controlled now, the problem is the organised issues outside of the ground, and as far as i could see last night, the majority of issues if not all in the ground were caused by the so called west ham fans, which only goes to show little respect for thier own club....if infact they were regular supporters of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 - Fair enough. I might have been able to word that a bit better. I suspected that some might have taken that the wrong way. I guess that's open to how you want to interpret that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]DA9 / Chizz - As suspected, some have completely misinterpreted the point i wasa trying to make.

was Harris not a prat for what he did then? Thumping the Millwall badge and getting the Millwall fans juices pumping ? Inciting the crowd ? Probably not his intention but if you wanted you could construe it as such ? FFS are players not allowed to celebrate goals now without fear of some knob sticking one on them. I doubt Stanislases first thought was 'ooh, better be careful I'm in front of ther Millwaall fans' but 'yes, yes,yes I've fucking scored, hoo fucking rah'.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    There is absolutely no possibility of a repeat of last night when we play Millwall.
    I think that is an optimistic point of view I however expect it to be a very unpleasant afternoon. I wouldn't expect anything like the kind of trouble outside the ground, but I do expect trouble from people who have no intention of watching the game. Also if the game is moved to an earlier kick off there will also be plenty of time for West Ham to come down to Charlton for another round.
  • Options
    From what I heard from WH that went (not interested in trouble) the West Ham fans in the ground found out what had happened outside the ground and wanted revenge.

Looks like the arrangements in the ground were not good enough. It was not a full house, therefore surely leaving the front 4 or 5 rows unsold and covered with netting would have stopped the pitch invasions or at least hampered them.

Outside the ground the police seriously underestimated the numbers they needed despite it being a grade 5 game.
  • Options
    Who is "sam brush" Suzi, is it a cryptic clue re the new owner :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]FFS are players not allowed to celebrate goals now without fear of some knob sticking one on them. I doubt Stanislases first thought was 'ooh, better be careful I'm in front of ther Millwaall fans' but 'yes, yes,yes I've fucking scored, hoo fucking rah'.

The man throwing the bottle was a knob of the highest order and there is absolutely no condoning or any exuses for what he did, but I think it's a fair point, given the clearly very hostile atmosphere, that Mr Stanilas would have been well advised to run well in the opposite direction of the Millwall fans whilst celebrating his goal - It's common sense really.

Was dissappoited to see a few of the WHU players apparent reactions to the dickheads who got onto the pitch too.
  • Options
    LargeAddick - I'm trying not to lump everyone in the same stupid bucket, but what sort of f**king spoon would you have to be to view a player celebrating a goal in front of their own support as 'inciteful'? Would Harris have done the same ting down the other end? Highly unlikely, because experience teaches him not to. But for this game inparticular, it's not rocket science to know that if you score, you DON'T give it the come-on past the away support. Stanislas knew what he was doing. Hopefully he'd have got a kick up the ar$e from Zola, and he won't do it again.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Also, on the day we play Millwall at the Valley West Ham are at home to Chelsea
    Really? Oh joy, the trip home on the Jubilee Line's going to be fun that day.
  • Options
    I cannot believe someone has actually posted this Thread Title, you must be totally out of touch with reality sorry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I cannot believe someone has actually posted this Thread Title, you must be totally out of touch with reality sorry.
    So, you're against?