Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Should we ever play other clubs "behind closed doors"?

Comments

• Been looking forward to this game since fixtures were announced, no way should it be behind closed doors.

• * Ketman

* CommentTime5 minutes ago

quote# 90
    I cannot believe someone has actually posted this Thread Title, you must be totally out of touch with reality sorry.

The Police are pushing for a match behind closed doors,

"Much better, we believe, would be to force the clubs to play matches behind closed gates or impose massive points deductions.."

So it is a possibility although the massive point deduction would also be quite effective. And funny.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I cannot believe someone has actually posted this Thread Title, you must be totally out of touch with reality sorry.[/quote]
    So, you're against?[/quote]

You should be embarrassed for even thinking it and AFKA should have sunk it.
  • I actually(cant believe i am saying this), but all throughout i think groucho has been very clear. yes he is not admitted they are saints or that he condones it in anyway but it happens and by the sounds of it he hates it as much of the rest of us. give the guy a break for a change, yes he supports scumwall but hey each to their own and i do have a few millwall mates who suprisingly were not involved last night in any fighting and dont go around trying to cause fights.

Things will happen and the media will exaggerate, or maybe not get the full story could have been die hard fans or ppl who just wanted a ruck probably both but dont let that affect our game you cannot compare it yes there is a rivalry and is quite bad and will most certainly kick off but noway near as much as last night.

my final say on the matter is if your that bothered dont come, also dont bring your children as somethings bound to happen
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I cannot believe someone has actually posted this Thread Title, you must be totally out of touch with reality sorry.
    So, you're against?

Well this is all about opinions isn't it? And, in fact, I haven't expressed my opinion: I just asked the question.
  • Chizz for even suggesting this you need to walk outside have a word with yourself come back in the office & Sink your own thread when you realised what a stupid one it was to post in the first place.
  • I think it should be played 'behind dosed whores'......
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]I think it should be played 'behind dosed whores'......

Personally, I find this one of the most offensive things that i have seen posted on this site.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Chizz for even suggesting this you need to walk outside have a word with yourself come back in the office & Sink your own thread when you realised what a stupid one it was to post in the first place.
    So, we shouldn't be having this debate?

Despite some people apparantly being in favour and the police suggesting it should be considered? Despite the obvious harm to people, property and buildings that might be avoided? Despite the clear signal it would send out that violence will not be tolerated? Despite the positive publicity that would be gained for Charlton's anti-street crime and anti-knife crime campaigns?

Despite all these things, we shouldn't discuss this?
  • Posted By: Groucho78MFC
    I think it should be played 'behind dosed whores'......

Personally, I find this one of the most offensive things that i have seen posted on this site.

Yeah, but can you imagine? Pwopa yucky!
  • Sponsored links:

• Players should be able to celebrate wherever they like without having to dodge a bottle. The comments Groucho made indicate that he expects players to behave in a different way when playing his team, than they would when playing others, such as Fulham or Bolton - yes?

So therefore with that on their mind, opposition players are not actually playing their natural game, even if it is only 1% below what it would normally be. So the logical conclusion of Groucho's own words is, that because the Millwall fans have this reputation for violence, their team on the pitch enjoys an unfair advantage over their opponents.

That given, shouldn't they be restricted to a very small allocation of tickets at all away games until they can behave like Fulham and Bolton, and not unfairly influnce games merely on the back of their fans violence?
  • Ban Millwall fans from The Valley 'could' be an answer I suppose.
  • This will tickle your thermos flasks....

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-%26-technology/police-to-explain-why-they-stopped-football-fans-from--killing-each-other-200908262009/
  • I can remember us playing Millwall at The Valley and there were Millwall fans in the home areas, one actually tried to lump one on Roger Alwen in the ground. I think we've learnt a lot from then and strict rules should be in place to prevent this happening again.
    Tbh I have lots of friends who are Millwall fans and would never get involved in anything like what happened last night, and from the banter flying around I am very much looking forward to the game. The possible threat of anything kicking off shouldn't put people off of supporting their team but it obviously will. Its just sad that people feel the need to act in this way, I bet half of em dont even go to the games, just calling themselves Millwall or West Ham fans seems to give them the right to start bother, just an excuse for a tear up!
    And none of this will put me off of going to theirs either, I went last time we played in the league, beat them 2-0 and it was snowing!! One of my best Charlton Fan memories ever!!
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I cannot believe someone has actually posted this Thread Title, you must be totally out of touch with reality sorry.
    So, you're against?

Well this is all about opinions isn't it? And, in fact, I haven't expressed my opinion: I just asked the question.

Yes indeedy you have asked a question and I suppose no harm in that, just that it's of the "so is the world really flat" variety, which tend to reflect rather poorly on the wisdom of the questioner. Besides it might just just give the odd Millwall thug the idea that we are a little scared of them or in awe of their reputation as the Neanderthals of the footballing community.

If you go looking for trouble at football matches you'll find it, sometimes it'll find you even if you aren't looking for it, but the absolutely last thing we should do is turn this into a behind closed doors match. Another thing...this fixture is likely to be our highest league gate this season - even a whole host of banning orders and a crackdown on numpties won't stop 3,000 odd Millwall fans travelling, do you really want to turn down the £70-80,000 that they'll bring in gate revenue?
  • If your next post is not quoted correctly i'm deleting it and not correcting it!! Click the BBCode, its not hard, and guess what? It even stays like that for future visits!

Grrrrr!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]If your next post is not quoted correctly i'm deleting it and not correcting it!! Click the BBCode, its not hard, and guess what? It even stays like that for future visits!

Grrrrr!

Admin Nazi
  • I am at the moment but its not as if it is difficult is it. Jesus, even you can do it and you're always drunk.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I am at the moment but its not as if it is difficult is it. Jesus, even you can do it and you're always drunk.[/quote]

I can do what?
  • AlgarveAddick - BING-BONG! Wrong answer....

You'd think common sense would kick in for any player when they're playing against a fierce rival, especially one that has the potential to blow up like west ham vs Millwall. Surely it's a no-brainer in ANY match with a potential to kick off? Not just a game involving Millwall.

And since when has celebrating a goal had ANYTHING to do with an advantage or detracting from a players game?

I find your post bizarre to say the least.
  • Sponsored links:

• fu*k em all. who cares about those tossers
    http://pinklions.50webs.com/
  • It is quite ridiculous to suggest that Charlton are punished by having to play behind closed doors because of incidents not involving Charlton. I have never heard of this happening.
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]AlgarveAddick - BING-BONG! Wrong answer....

You'd think common sense would kick in for any player when they're playing against a fierce rival, especially one that has the potential to blow up like west ham vs Millwall. Surely it's a no-brainer in ANY match with a potential to kick off? Not just a game involving Millwall.

And since when has celebrating a goal had ANYTHING to do with an advantage or detracting from a players game?

You own words mate, and you have just repeated it and only extended it to other unsavoury clubs- you EXPECT players to behave in a different manner when they are playing teams with thuggish fans, why the hell should they?

If the first thing that goes through a players mind when he scores is fear of the opposition fans, then the same thoughts are going through his head when he has the ball in front of the knuckle draggers on the goal line, so he is not concentrating 100%, and that gives an advantage to the team with the hooligans - in this case Millwall. If we were discussing Leeds or Cardiff and they had come out with such an ill thought out statement, I would have said the same thing to them.

Your lot manage to create their own matches with a "potential to kick off" from nowhere - Luton or Hull anyone?

If you choose to try and defend Millwall's hooligan element, and those that glory in it from afar, that's up to you, but try and apply some logic to your statements, or you end up looking like an apologist AND a fool.
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]AlgarveAddick - BING-BONG! Wrong answer....

Whooooooooooooooooosh................nice one Algarve! LOL mate!
  • The answer is to make the match Home Fans only.

Millwall fans were not solely to blame for the shenanigans last night but the fact is Luton, Hull, Southend and other towns will tell you that where Millwall visit vandalism, and civil disorder follow as sure as night follows day. Not forgetting the 900 loveable lions out of 9,000 that were arrested after the Birmingham match referred to on another thread.

I feel sorry for the genuine Millwall fans we all know but in Brown's Britain the innocent suffer for the sins of the guilty minority. It would save our Club a lot of policing costs to simply make the match home only which may well match any perceived loss of revenue.

Decent Charlton fans would also feel more inclined to attend this fixture with their wives and children if Millwall thugs were banned.

I define Home only as Valley Gold, season ticket holders, and proven red card holders of more than one seasons standing. That should hopefully prevent Millwall scum from infiltrating home areas.

Charlton fans should not be deprived of watching their team play but Millwall fans should since there has been a tacit approval of this disgraceful behaviour for many years.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The answer is to make the match Home Fans only.

Millwall fans were not solely to blame for the shenanigans last night but the fact is Luton, Hull, Southend and other towns will tell you that where Millwall visit vandalism, and civil disorder follow as sure as night follows day. Not forgetting the 900 loveable lions out of 9,000 that were arrested after the Birmingham match referred to on another thread.

I feel sorry for the genuine Millwall fans we all know but in Brown's Britain the innocent suffer for the sins of the guilty minority. It would save our Club a lot of policing costs to simply make the match home only which may well match any perceived loss of revenue.

Decent Charlton fans would also feel more inclined to attend this fixture with their wives and children if Millwall thugs were banned.

I define Home only as Valley Gold, season ticket holders, and proven red card holders of more than one seasons standing. That should hopefully prevent Millwall scum from infiltrating home areas.

Charlton fans should not be deprived of watching their team play but Millwall fans should since there has been a tacit approval of this disgraceful behaviour for many years.[/quote]

How you've managed to turn this from being about football hooliganism to a rant about Gordon Brown is beyond me.

And there has been no tacit approval of football hooliganism, or is that something else you've dreamt up? I think you'll find that the FA and League as well as individual clubs etc area lot stricter on insisting on banning orders for football related violence than they were and a lot tougher than their peers across Europe, as are our police and the courts. Lazio for example used to store the banners for their Ultras and turned a blind eye to their use of Nazi salutes, as did the Italian league, and that's just one example off the top of my head.

There is no need to ban away fans - last night's trouble involved Millwall and West Ham, not Charlton, why should we get punished because you want to panic? I think you'll find that as with last season's Palace games you can be sure that it'll be very well policed and will pass with little trouble. But feel free to wet your bed if you like.
  • I give up.

crying-baby.jpg
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The answer is to make the match Home Fans only.

Charlton fans should not be deprived of watching their team play but Millwall fans should since there has been a tacit approval of this disgraceful behaviour for many years.

How you've managed to turn this from being about football hooliganism to a rant about Gordon Brown is beyond me.

And there has been no tacit approval of football hooliganism, or is that something else you've dreamt up? I think you'll find that the FA and League as well as individual clubs etc area lot stricter on insisting on banning orders for football related violence than they were and a lot tougher than their peers across Europe, as are our police and the courts. Lazio for example used to store the banners for their Ultras and turned a blind eye to their use of Nazi salutes, as did the Italian league, and that's just one example off the top of my head.

There is no need to ban away fans - last night's trouble involved Millwall and West Ham, not Charlton, why should we get punished because you want to panic? I think you'll find that as with last season's Palace games you can be sure that it'll be very well policed and will pass with little trouble. But feel free to wet your bed if you like.

Are you a Millwall fan BFR? Perhaps that explains your inability to quote properly! READ WHAT I SAID. Home fans only. How does that punish Charlton fans?
  • Are you a Millwall fan BFR? Perhaps that explains your inability to quote properly! READ WHAT I SAID. Home fans only. How does that punish Charlton fans?

Because we'll get banned when we play at Millwall and it'll also deprive the club of their biggest away gate all season. Do some maths - 3,100 odd Millwall fans at £25 a head is over £75k in gate money let alone programme sales etc. With or without a takeover that is not money we can afford to chuck away and that impacts on the team and therefore on us fans, and all because you are running scared of a few wannabee football factory extras.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Because we'll get banned when we play at Millwall and it'll also deprive the club of their biggest away gate all season. Do some maths - 3,100 odd Millwall fans at £25 a head is over £75k in gate money let alone programme sales etc. With or without a takeover that is not money we can afford to chuck away and that impacts on the team and therefore on us fans, and all because you are running scared of a few wannabee football factory extras.

What do the club also pay for? oh the extra policing needed. i'd be fine for the lot of the millsmall scum that want trouble travelling down if it wasn't for the fact we're a family club. but taking the lot just for the club to take 75k, even if just a few children got mentally or physically scarred from it, not worth it.