Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A month to go TCE! ( Demelza Run To The Beat thread)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]Got my pack but too frightened to see THAT route again.:-) will check it tomo and let you know. All I can remember is that bloody rain....
    Anyway did a 6 tonight. Felt ok. Then watched that ice man bloke on channel 4 run 26 miles in the arctic with no training and wearing only shorts:-(
    Talk about some people showing off ..... Actually he was amazing. But I'll settle for limping round 13 in reasonable weather next Sunday as good enough for me :-)

Mine turned up today!
    Is it to late to try and get fit? ;)
    I'll try for 6/7 miles tonight but I'm sure I'll struggle with the run on sunday. Plenty of walking this time out and my time of 2 hr 26mins is as safe as houses.
  • Options
    I think I'm a couple of miles short of what I would have liked to have trained to do but never mind eh ;-)
    Generally tho feel a bit fitter than last year which I 'm sure I will disprove on Sunday ;-)
    As long as we finish.....eventually....TCE before they all go home :-)
  • Options
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I've just got back from what can only be described as a 10 mile walk/jog/run/walk, I started with 1 mile warm up brisk walk, 6 mile run, 1 mile walk, 1 mile jog and 2 miles walk home. Hurt, I have never felt pain like this my legs are on fire. I have noticed they have changed the route slightly from last year, I managed to run Hillreach tonight albeit earlier than the race schedule of 6 miles, I hit the hill about 2 miles in. To top it all I lost 11lbs in weight the 1st time I've been under 14st since last year's CL diet ;)
  • Options
    B and I

Thank You

http://www.justgiving.com/raybates3/
  • Options
    ALF
    Thank you

http://www.justgiving.com/raybates3/
  • Options
    I am also going to be running again - am saving fundraising for a possible attempt at the marathon next year - but will look out for you at the start line.

Looking at the warm and sunny weather forecast, I'm almost feeling nostalgic about last year's rain!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]I am also going to be running again - am saving fundraising for a possible attempt at the marathon next year - but will look out for you at the start line.

Looking at the warm and sunny weather forecast, I'm almost feeling nostalgic about last year's rain!

We could meet up by that shop again? just inside the dome.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Did the school fund raising afternoon for Demelza with all the kids ( and a few of us teachers ) running in relay to run up to 100 miles between us all. In the end we did 116 and so far we have raised getting on for £500 :-) should be some more into tomorrow.
    And some of those kids can really shift over 500 metres you'd be surprised ;-)
  • Options
    The last update before the big day, I managed a very steady 9 miles in 1 hour 50 mins with a further mile and bit walk home. I got a bit of confidence back now and I'm convinced barring accidents I should finish before lunchtime on monday ;)
    I am also now tipping the scales at 13st 8lbs a weight loss of about a stone, so I'm well pleased.
  • Options
    Good one mate :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks to those who donated to Demelza at the Charltonlife game this lunchtime.
  • Options
    Finished yet boys? :-) will drop some money into the funds on pay day!
  • Options
    Just heading back to car.
    I smashed my time from last year done it in 1 hour 53 approx I found it much easier than last
    Year
  • Options
    just heard from cheeseroll.
    he did 1 hr 51.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Flash B*****DS ;)

No seriously,
    Hats off to you guys, we are highly tuned running machines.
    But for you to turn out those times is amazing.

Doffs cap:)
  • Options
    Yes we are back, we did finish and special thank you 3blokes you sir are a star. We actually crossed the start line at 10.00 and spent the early part of the run carrying on from last year with our research into the elasticity of Lycra a fasinating material ;)
    But finished a respectable 2hours 28mins although how official that is I'm not sure, but hot, struth I have just weighed myself on my return home 13st 1lbs I lost 10lbs in that run. Once again a big thank you to Jon for getting me through it, to all the guys that helped us raise a few quid for Demelza house we thank you.
    Jon mate, we did for the "Little Fella"

Now where is my takeaway, 14 stone here I come :)
  • Options
    Firstly thanks Ray it was an honour to run with you mate we both knew we were running it for our own personal reasons and somehow we dragged each other round eh :-)
    Next year shall we just watch;-)
    Thanks to all those who have contributed to the appeal, with the money raised at my school we are over £700.
    I will post up some stuff about our race later but now I gotta eat!
  • Options
    Well done all.

I managed just under 2hrs 15 mins, which I'm pretty pleased with all in all.

Surely if it's held again next year then it will be a case of third time lucky - dry and cloudy!
  • Options
    aching now though need a good meal as well
  • Options
    times are on display now guys,well done,i was 1.54 approx in the end
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He obviously didnt have me holding him back this year. Well done all. Seemed much better organised this year. Sorry that i didnt see you ray an john but was in three spots tracking the two ians. Our friend ran it 1.38! Now that is flash. Maybe next year...
  • Options
    3Blokes, well done mate - Thought of you and all the other nutters who were running today.

You'll have to run it mate if you know what I mean!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Cheers Dave ;-)

So the highlights of the day for me were -

1) reaching the finishing line.
    2) when Ray tried to commandeer a buggy from an onlooker so he could be pushed through Greenwich park. The woman laughed and Ray turned to me and said to me " I don't know what she was laughing at, I meant it!"
    3) the weather brought out some rather lovely sights that kept up a gentleman's spirits :-) there were a particularly fine pair of sights as we staggered down the hill in the park :-)
    4) being placed a respectable 7588 ish
    5) our determination to get round it despite our respective training problems.
    6) I had forgotten to Vaseline up my nipples and got a bit of a case of friction burn on them. In the finishing pack all they had was anti ageing cream for some reason. So having nothing better to use to alleviate matters I tried putting that on. I now have the youngest looking nipples on this site. FACT :-)
    7) I couldn't run in memory of the little lad we lost when we did it last year because it was too close to the event and too hard. But it was right this year and it was good to have Ray running it with me. ( when I told my wife what he said as I left him today her eyes filled with tears) A true gentleman. Even when trying to take over a buggy ;-)
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited September 2009
    Saw London Tonight, looked out for you Jon.

Look guys I'm one of the un-fittest people on here, but I really don't want to be!

IF I were to run this next year I'm going to need help and advice - A training regime of sorts.

I have a dodgy ankle and a big belly!

So what do you say?
  • Options
    Ha ha Dave here's me telling Ray today if he tries to rope me in for this again I would have to get violent ;-)
    I'm sure you could do it mate, talk about it over a pint soon :-)
  • Options
    Look, IF I can get fit or get help - I will do it next year - OK?
  • Options
    I'm beginning to think you do need help ;-)
    Well if you do it I suppose I will have to as well ;-)
    And I know Ray will be just as eager as me...
  • Options
    Kigelia is your man who has the training regimes BDL. speak to him.
  • Options
    Thanks also to Dave Storry.
  • Options
    Well done to you guys who ran it. A big effort and for a worthy cause.

and yes if anyone is serious about doing it next year I am happy to give some training advice help put a programme together.