Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thrush

edited August 2009 in Not Sports Related
Or just as irritating

People who pluralise one offs. You know they talk about how top footballers play “ you wouldn’t get your Beckham’s, your Ronaldo’s, or your Maradonna’s playing so badly”, just say “ you wouldn’t get Beckham, Ronaldo, or Maradonna playing so badly”.

Second rate journalists when there is a scandal who put ‘gate’ on the end of the subject they are scandalising,
Sven(gate), MP’s expense(gate), Is she or isn’t she a geezer(gate)
The Watergate scandal refers to a political scandal in the United States in the 1970s. Named for the Watergate apartment complex, effects of the scandal ultimately led to the resignation of Richard Nixon.

People who are going straight on at a roundabout but indicate right as they approach the roundabout.

Other than the above I’m pretty chilled today!!

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    I think it's terrible that some people put apostrophes when they are not needed - like Ronaldo's. It's called apostrophegate.
  • Options
    Less and fewer gets my goat......there were less people at the game.........
  • Options
    - people who don't get their money ready until the very last moment at the supermarket tills. I've gone out of my way not to be sexist, by the way these people almost always carry purses.

- the massive overuse (and often misuse) of the word 'disingenuous'
  • Options
    Pronouncing jewellery as joolry; February as Febury; and drawing as droring.

Split infinitives.

People using the phone when they are driving. Especially when it's not hands-free. And they have someone in the passenger seat who could clearly have taken the call instead. But no, they continue talking, without paying proper attention. In their little green Ford Puma. In the second lane of the M25 this morning.
  • Options
    1 addition, people who remember a similar thread, know where the thread is and post a link, implying that its all been done before and therefore never darken our forum with your thoughts again!! Oh yes and need to get out more!!

(smiley thing)
  • Options
    And one more: people who give your their web address as "double-you double-you dot...". What is it about these people? It's not hard to count to three. There are three of the letter w at the start of most addresses. Surely you wouldn't just drop one of the digits in your telephone number, just to make it quicker to say.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]1 addition, people who remember a similar thread, know where the thread is and post a link, implying that its all been done before and therefore never darken our forum with your thoughts again!! Oh yes and need to get out more!!

(smiley thing)
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=24101&page=1#Item_0
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    Chizz...brilliant!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cyclists....
  • Options
    Spelling 'definitely' with an 'a' i.e. 'definately'.

I have just done a search on here and it has been miss-spelled over 200 times since the beginning of the year. We are all highly opinioniated people on here so this is a word we all like to use a lot. I think we should at least spell it correctly!
  • Options
    Anally retentive people who get their knickers in a twist over practically any small error or omission in grammar ;0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Anally retentive people who get their knickers in a twist over practically any small error or omission in grammar ;0)
    Surely: "anally-retentive"?
  • Options
    I rest my case ;0)
  • Options
    Exaggerated regional accents. Like the tw*t that does the Big Brother voice over!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That bird on Sky Sports (not Georgie) who thinks that the number between 99 and 101 is pronounced 'hunjid'.

Still, she probably has lots of 'fraands' and spends a fortune on her 'haa'.

God, I'm getting old ........ on which note .... Joanna Lumley.... would ya?

Bit of a no-brainer for us old boys, but she is 63.
  • Options
    Met Joanna Lumley once................absolute sweetie, gave me an autograph and a peck on the cheek. Pure class.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Cyclists....

Anti Cyclists ;-)
  • Options
    People who don't know the difference between 'Affect' & 'Effect', 'Bought' and 'Brought', 'Here' and 'Hear' or 'There' and 'Their'.

Irritating, arsewiping, f***witted cretins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Much beloved of commentators: "Rising to a crescendo"....grrrrr!
    A crescendo is the actual increase in volume.

I'm enjoying this new Pedant's Corner section of CL.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HarryAMuse[/cite]Much beloved of commentators: "Rising to a crescendo"....grrrrr!
    A crescendo is the actual increase in volume.

I'm enjoying this new Pedant's Corner section of CL.
    "Pedants' Corner"!
  • Options
    People who say ''stoopid'', aswell as people who use the word ''basically'' at the beginning of every sentence.
  • Options
    And y'know at the end of them! Not to mention ' I turned round and said....'.

Cyclists (again).
  • Options
    People who use the word obviously when it is only obvious to them!
  • Options
    People who refer to themselves in the third person, something you will never find AFKA Bartram doing.
  • Options
    People who go on boring ZZZZZZZZZZ threads like these and then put BORING or ZZZZZZZZZ.

The title of the thread tells you what it's about, don't open it!
  • Options
    people who act like captain grammer and as though they invented English
  • Options
    grammar
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]grammar

come on its Friday, pub day