Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tranmere v Charlton - MATCH THREAD

1181920212224»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]Will Pardew Make it to Christmas ?

Great result today.

I didn't know he was that ill :-)
  • Well done Charlton. Absolutely brilliant.
  • edited August 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]Will Pardew Make it to Christmas ?

Great result today.[/quote]

I didn't know he was that ill :-)[/quote]

well sick as the proverbial parrot tonight at minus 7
  • Thanks for the updates people; brings the game to life for those of us who can't make it. Cheers!
  • Thanks a lot guys. Just started my holiday, large celebration in Vienna tonight, and I think Jack Penate in the car tomorrow. And holding of breath until Tues night. But we just could not ask anything more of Parky and the players. I am just sorry I don't get to hear the announcer on the classified: "tran
    ere rovers nil:-(... Charlton Athletic...four:-)))
  • Truly very funny thread and thanks for the updates much appreciated. Cheers all off to celebrate.
  • Just back from Prenton Park and my first chance to see the boys this season. Respects to the fans who travelled all the way up and mow enjoying the journey back! They really do play a big part in the teams success. You can see there is a great bond developing and the interaction was great to see. Big smiles and applause for the fans from the players at the end.

What can I say about the game. Great performance to a man. Frustrating start. So much possession at the start. Great inter changes but nothing happening in the box. Once the first one went in though we were totally in control. To be fair to Tranmere they tried to play football but we were just too strong and full of confidence. Midfield were superb. Couple of hary moments from Miguel. Boy can he be clumsy! But a rock at the back really committed. Elliott also impressed. Didn't have a lot to do but really confident in all he did. Bailey played a true captains part. We were always first to the ball. But MOM to Lloyd Sam. Two great goals and so close to a hat-trick.

Plenty of singing from the terraces and taunting of the poorTranmere support.
  • Just got in from working in back garden did we win then ?
  • we got spanked Ketman 18- 4 parkies been fired and there was about 50 camels in the carpark
  • Agree with Chaz, great game from a confident team who know how to play together. Tranmere weren't much good but that takes nothing away from another great team performance. Tuna replaced JJ towards the end and could have scored but still showed that he will be a handfull for the future. Youga was better, Semedo was replaced towards the end.
    What more can I say four nil away from home with a team playing flowing passing football.
    I won't pinch myself as I might wake up!
  • Sponsored links:

• A whole new experience to see a team that ooze confidence and class - and really play like a cohesive unit. They encouraged each other and communicated well. Quite simply, each individual on our team just looked better than the opposition. They were winning all the tackles (even the youngsters), dribbling past players, using little flicks and some great passing to pose a constant threat. We have some serious talent in our team and it is now becoming apparent because they have the confidence to show it. They all worked very hard, not least players like Burton who kept going and still had the strength and skill to make the opposition defenders look daft. Tactically, the approach was spot on and our midfield just took control and blew them away. Some Tranmere fans after the game were saying that we looked a class apart.

Some great support today (and some really funny moments - my scouse mate was very impressed) and it was brilliant to see the team enjoying themselves at the end and cheering the fans. I know Tranmere weren't that good and sterner tests await, but the fact is we made them look bad. Parky even got some chants of support today...

We should all enjoy this, because everyone at the club is playing a blinder at the moment - team, management and fans. It's great to have that winning feeling again - COYR!
  • edited August 2009
    how many addicks there?