Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Knowing you're getting old - # Number 326

Comments

• Options
    having a fridge full of ice cold stella's on a saturday night and not drinking one because you know your son will be up at 7am before being dragged around a zoo/seaside/tigers eye type destination and the thought of doing this hung over enduces a nice cup of coco and in bed by 10pm on saturday night.
  • Options
    When you buy a roofbox for your car
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]When you buy a roofbox for your car

I suppose you cant hear them crying up there.
  • Options
    You watch a repeat of Terry and June and realise that you're now older than they were.
  • Options
    Being older than the PM and all the leaders of the major parties.

Going to and enjoying a James Last concert. I went last week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Being older than the PM and all the leaders of the major parties.

Going to and enjoying a James Last concert. I went last week.

ladies and gentlemen... we have a winner.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]When you buy a roofbox for your car

I suppose you cant hear them crying up there.

PMSL ... post of the day
  • Options
    You remember a 17 year old Ryan Giggs being introduced by Martin Tyler, as a youngster with a big future. : (
  • Options
    When your son does a dub step version of Effervescing Elephant and you wonder whether or not Syd would be spinning in his grave.
  • Options
    When you can remember that Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis made films together. I can already hear someone saying " who the hell is Jerry Lewis ".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching the Alex Higgins tribute programme last night and actually siding a bit more with Steve Davis than the hurricane.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Watching the Alex Higgins tribute programme last night and actually siding a bit more with Steve Davis than the hurricane.

I think that was a real eye-opener for my sons, who up to that point thought Ronnie O'Sullivan was the original bad boy of snooker.
  • Options
    When you give your son some old Charlton programmes to read and he then asks you a question about "back in the olden days".

The programme was from 2001.

:o(
  • Options
    When you open the microwave door to heat up a curry and find one in there from last night that you heated up then forgot to eat
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    When you go past where Croydon airport once was and can remember when it was a fully operational, commercial concern before Heathrow 'took off'.
  • Options
    When you climb in your pit and think you can't beat the feel of fresh linen
  • Options
    When you throw out old electrical appliances but cut the flex off just in case it '' Comes in handy ''. I've got four miles of the stuff in the shed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]When you open the microwave door to heat up a curry and find one in there from last night that you heated up then forgot to eat
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]When you go past where Croydon airport once was and can remember when it was a fully operational, commercial concern before Heathrow 'took off'.
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]When you climb in your pit and think you can't beat the feel of fresh linen
    [cite]Posted By: Penfolds Perm[/cite]When you throw out old electrical appliances but cut the flex off just in case it '' Comes in handy ''. I've got four miles of the stuff in the shed.

Done all of these:
    Maybe its time to take the "-ish" out of my username ?
  • Options
    Every year, I would get mail offering me insurance coverage for funeral costs.
    I now get them twice a year........
  • Options
    When you remember when children were expected to give up their seats on bus/train/tubes so adults can sit down.

These days the parents of a 7 year old expect the seat to be given to the child.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]When you remember when children were expected to give up their seats on bus/train/tubes so adults can sit down.

These days the parents of a 7 year old expect the seat to be given to the child.

I know I've already said it but you've just inspired me to bring it up again...... Parent and child parking spaces in car parks - SO BLOODY PATHETIC!!!!!!

Either don't take your kid shopping (why would you?) or just bloody park normally like the rest of us!
  • Options
    28 (i counted them) empty disabled spaces( closest to the entrance) at tescos thurrock on sunday ..is the whole world disabled apart from me ?
    thanks chirpy red you got me on one there

i realise i am getting old not when policemen or politicians look young ....its those darned mostly continental referees with boy band hairstyles !!!
  • Options
    When you're out on a run with your 19 year old neice & your knee packs in.

Me, last night = OLD!

:(
  • Options
    The complexity of modern day Headers and Volleys. See this post.
  • Options
    When you have more hair growing on your ears than on the top of your head.
  • Options
    Signing off a text message with the word...... "DAD"
  • Options
    Getting set-up to do the match thread....panicing that CAFC player isnt working....try home and away 'streams'....still nothing.....switch off lap-top and re-boot because you think you've lost internet connection.....still nothing....check this site is working and the BBC....check player and both 'streams' again (for the 3rd time).....then you realise that the day before you switched the bloody lap-top speakers off!!!.............me yesterday....doh!!
  • Options
    Looking forward to a night OFF the ale.
  • Options
    Putting all the spare screws, nails, useful bits of copper piping ( that'll come in handy one day), picture hooks etc etc into some sort of order in your tool box because, you know, it's good to keep things tidy isn't it. And then being PROUD of it when you know that you know exactly where to find that useful bit of copper piping.
    And thinking that,actually, buying a caravan might be a good idea.
  • Options
    You accidentally drop a plastic bag with a bit of shopping in it and as you start bending down to pick it up two strangers, one of whom looks older than yourself, appear and both say 'Let me help you with that'.