Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colchester Tickets - Not impressed!

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
Ok. Am furious!
KB deliberately got to the ground early on Saturday to get our Colchester away tickets, as instructed, only to be told they had sent the 300 left back to Colchester in the post.
So, I rang Colchester first thing this morning to be told that they hadn't recieved them yet so to ring back at 1pm.
I rang back to be told that Charlton hadn't sent the tickets back. So when I asked could I buy them from Charlton the Colchester guy said no as Charlton had consolidated the ticket sales and were couriering the tickets overnight. There is only 250 left and they will be sold on a first come first served basis.
WTF???????
Charlton, why did you lie to my brother on Saturday?
Do you not want our support or money?
I am so mad I feel like telling you to poke it!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Can anyone else feel steam coming off the keyboard?

Agree it was stupid sending them back before Saturday.
  • Options
    but they didn't send them back!
    they're going by courier tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    So are they still on sale at the ground now or they were just locked away with a note to send back.
  • Options
    A major cock up from the club as this game would have sold out on Saturday but now we will probably be 200 short because people wont take the chance on the night even though it is an easy away day.

Would be interested on Airmans take on this.
  • Options
    The Morale of the story is....

Get your tickets early ;-)
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited September 2009
  • Options
    The same has happened to me.

The club have screwed up big time, all that bull about sending the tickets back last week.

By the sounds of things Colchester are p!ssed off as well
  • Options
    I tried to get a ticket on Friday afternoon at the ticket office and the club wouldn't sell me one then - said they had already sent them back to Colchester.

Spoke to Colchester ticket office this morning as well and they said they weren't actually getting them until midday tomorrow so couldn't tell me how many are left and will be on sale tomorrow night
  • Options
    seems strange. Why would you send them back before a home game anyway even though they eventually didn't. And why tell supporters you had sent them back when all the time they are sitting behind you ? I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation.
  • Options
    they told me to ring first thing tomorrow monring as they are willing to take card payments over the phone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Do you not want our support or money?

sorry for being pedantic but whether we sell 500 or 5,000 tickets for an away game we don't benefit financially but have to pay for the staff costs in selling them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]seems strange. Why would you send them back before a home game anyway even though they eventually didn't. And why tell supporters you had sent them back when all the time they are sitting behind you ? I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation.

To be fair to the staff, I would imagine that they had been told that they were no longer on sale and were being sent back - on friday by the sound of it - the staff then make the logical leap that they have been sent back and tell punters. Management fault not the staff
  • Options
    As I've been asked, I will say that I was as surprised as anyone else these tickets were not available on Saturday and only learned that had been the case from postings here. I surmised they must have been sent back early because of concerns about the postal situation, although that didn't seem a convincing explanation.

I'll bring this thread to the attention of the relevant people at the club and if they wish to comment I'll let you know what they say.
  • Options
    Large, sorry but please take this in the only way it can be......................s*d off

I can't get my tickets early because of work committments..........but cheers for stating the bleeding obvious.

This is a cock up & we've been lied to.

Not happy
  • Options
    I surmised they must have been sent back early because of concerns about the postal situation, although that didn't seem a convincing explanation.

Ok, if there is a postal strike I can understand that, but is it wise to use the post to send tickets back? Surely a courier service would be a lot more secure and they aren't on strike.
  • Options
    left hand right hand.......lots of pointing at each other i guess shame for fans wanting tickets......how about club lays on coach for 50 fans who want to go an say to colchester keep 50 back........
  • Options
    Same issue here, hopefully all will sort itself out altho v annoying!
  • Options
    This is a shambles think we need to say something do they not want us to take any fans away or do they just like playing hide and seek with the tickets.
  • Options
    The whole set up down there is flawed, they have not got a clue, its not rocket science, if the club were concerned about returning the tickets there are couriers, or special deliveries, seem to be if there is a bit of penny pinching going on
  • Options
    why bother looking to send only a couple of hundred back anyway 5 days before the game, surely the club could see how well they were selling and must've realised that they'd probably sell the rest of them on saturday as alot of people can only buy away tickets on the day of a home game when at the ground ??

madness..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]This is a shambles think we need to say something do they not want us to take any fans away or do they just like playing hide and seek with the tickets.

In fairness Airman has said he'll look into it and get back to us.

I rang up and ordered tickets on thursday and they've not arrived in the post. So i rang up and they've arranged for duplicates to be done for me to collect at the ground tomorrow night. I must say that this debacle doesn't fill me with too much hope that my tickets will actually be there now!
  • Options
    How long have these tickets been available from Charlton?

It only takes a 'phone call.
  • Options
    SHAMBLES!!!
  • Options
    I think they sold 70 tickets on the last day they were available so on that basis I expect everyone who wants to go will get in if there are 300 tickets still available. I would also expect that Colchester will probably have a spare block in one of the other stands just in case, they still have not sold out their new ground yet so I expect everyone who wants to go will get in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Large, sorry but please take this in the only way it can be......................s*d off

Not happy

Large you must have a death wise sorry KB but i larfed my balls off at your reply
  • Options
    Same situation my mate went to pick up tickets on Saturday early doors only to be told that they had been sent back so
    I phoned up Colchester today who said that the tickets were sent back by Charlton and they would be available on the night. The woman said she couldnt understand why they had sent them back early and also said that they hadn't arrived at Colchester yet.

I'm going to ring them tomorrow to make sure as i dont want to waste money getting down there and finding out there are no tickets available....i could always go in the home end but i can't see myself keeping schtum for 90 mins :)
  • Options
    Going to get them on the night. If none in our end will just have to try elsewhere.

How do they talk in Essex? Should I wear a tracksuit? Will I need an accent or will chewing a bit of straw do
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] Should I wear tracksuit bottoms & a cardy? Will I need an accent or will chewing a bit of straw do
  • Options
    Any of you moaners want to buy my two spare tickets
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]Any of you moaners want to buy my two spare tickets
    Not the best way to go about selling mate!