Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colchester Tickets - Not impressed!

Comments

• Options
    Well they are at least guaranteed the tickets will be there when they get there. Never was a good salesman!!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Going to get them on the night. If none in our end will just have to try elsewhere.

How do they talk in Essex? Should I wear a tracksuit? Will I need an accent or will chewing a bit of straw do[/quote]

That's out of order - quite a few fellow addicks live in Essex ! And for your information we talk, dress & act pretty much like you !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harry Gregory[/cite]I think they sold 70 tickets on the last day they were available so on that basis I expect everyone who wants to go will get in if there are 300 tickets still available. I would also expect that Colchester will probably have a spare block in one of the other stands just in case, they still have not sold out their new ground yet so I expect everyone who wants to go will get in.

Well said that man. I know it's a complete f*ck up by the club but there's no need to panic, if you haven't got a ticket and want to go you will definitely get in.
  • Options
    whilst on the subject all this 'away history' stuff is nonsense. Every time my parents go down and buy our tickets (six/eight each time) they never ever want the CON numbers even when offered and so although my Mum has a fantastic away history none of the rest of us have. Good job we are VG or I'd make a bigger issue of it but I do feel that if giving CON numbers is what is required then this is what they should do.
  • Options
    Got my two sorted now.

Up the Addicks

[cite]Posted By: Greenster[/cite]
    [cite]

That's out of order - quite a few fellow addicks live in Essex ! And for your information we talk, dress & act pretty much like you !

I think you are going to regret saying that when Addickted, Kap10 and GuinessAddick read it ; - )
  • Options
    With due respect to Large and others, I have no problem with missing out because I have missed the oportunity on Ticket sales, due to my own issues.

Unfortunately my work schedule at the moment is such that it was only recently that I knew I could make it on Tuesday. So I checked last week and was told that tickets were available but that all tickets for forthcoming matches would not be sold from 2.00pm onwards on Saturday. I cannot possibly get to the gorund at the moment in mid week, so fair enough I trot along early in the hope that some tickets would be left and with the prospect of a few extra in the Oak before the game, happy days.

I was told at the counter that the 300 tickets were left, but that they had already been sent back that morning due to the concerns over the postal strike, but I could buy them on the night at the ground. I started to express my disatisfaction at being misled in the first place but that also in this modern world such things as couriers exist, so as we do not have to rely on the fragility of our postal system, and why on earth did they not believe we could sell 300 or so tickets before Tuesday, but I know it would be grossly unfair on the staff behind the counter as in my experience such decisions and orders made are not theirs.

So I reported the state of affairs to 'Lilsis' in the Oak and she set about arranging things directly with Colchester today, but as we now know, to no avail and that the earlier information given to us by our club, (according to Colchester), had not been correct and sales that could have taken place, haven't.

Will review the situation tomorrow, but even rushing straight from work I doubt if we could get there early, so even though it's only Colchester, it's still a fair way to go on the off chance.
  • Options
    KB, I understand what you are saying and I think LilSis took my earlier comment too much to heart. It seems to have been a cock-up by the Club all round and as you say no point in digging out the Box Office staff as it wasn't their fault. I'm sure you will be alright on the night as I can't see there being 300 walk-up's. If you do go take note CASH ONLY sales.
  • Options
    Large, didn't take it to heart

but I was angry & all the 'i'm alright Jack I got my tickets early' responses went down like a lead ballon

I still haven't calmed down

so stay out of my way if i finally get there tomorrow night

;-)
  • Options
    sorry to hear about ur dilema mate, i called them on my first break this morning and they said have to go up there buy tickets on the day and will be 300.

Fingers crossed there is two left for me and my cuz, going straight from work. last minute thought for me so if i dont get them its my fault but we will see.

Does anyone know how much we have going? guessin maybe on wrong thread for this bit :-P
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    For the record, I've been in contact with the relevant managers this afternoon on this subject and the explanation I've been given is around practicalities but not the post. I'm not prepared to make the case as it's been explained to me, but arrangements are being made to publicise the availability of tickets at Colchester through the OS. You can rest assured that the criticisms made here have been fully aired internally.

Finally, although I am not saying this sufficient (because I for one didn't read it), I should point out that the following was included in last Tuesday's Bulletin: "Places are available in person from the Valley commercial centre, online and by calling the ticket hotline on 0871 226 1905. The final point at which to purchase a seat is Friday at 3pm."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does that mean if i ring Colchester first thing tomorrow i wont be able to buy them over the phone to pick up when i get there after work? If i have to run the risk of getting there only to be told they've sold out i wont be happy. Please dont tell me i'll be ok in the home end, if i was happy doing that i would have done that by now. Have sent an email to the club, in the 23yrs i've been going regularly this is the first time i've had this problem. Go on, tell me i'm lucky its the first time!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]For the record, I've been in contact with the relevant managers this afternoon on this subject and the explanation I've been given is around practicalities but not the post. I'm not prepared to make the case as it's been explained to me, but arrangements are being made to publicise the availability of tickets at Colchester through the OS. You can rest assured that the criticisms made here have been fully aired internally.

Finally, although I am not saying this sufficient (because I for one didn't read it), I should point out that the following was included in last Tuesday's Bulletin: "Places are available in person from the Valley commercial centre, online and by calling the ticket hotline on 0871 226 1905. The final point at which to purchase a seat is Friday at 3pm."[/quote]

If i had seen that i would have got my tickets b4 saturday
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite
    CommentAuthorHenry Irving CommentTime2 hours ago quote# 28
    Going to get them on the night. If none in our end will just have to try elsewhere.

How do they talk in Essex? Should I wear a tracksuit? Will I need an accent or will chewing a bit of straw do
    ]."

Old I know, but some of these still make me smile........

This is an invaluable guide......for those of you that are planning to venture into darkest depths of Essex.

A task not for the faint-Hearted

alma chizzit - A request to find the cost of an item

amant - Quantity; sum total ("Thez a yuge amant of mud in Saffend")

assband - Unable to leave the house because of illness, disability etc

awss - A four legged animal, on which money is won, or more likely lost ("That awss ya tipped cost me a fiver t'day")

branna - More brown than on a previous occasion ("Ere, Trace, ya look branna today, ave you been on sunbed?")

cort a panda - A rather large hamburger

Dan in the maff - Unhappy ("Wossmatta, Trace, ya look a bit Dan in the maff")

eye-eels - Women's shoes

Furrock - The location of Lakeside Shopping Centre

garrij - A building where a car is kept or repaired(Trace: "Oi, Darren, I fink the motah needs at go in the garrij cos it aint working proper")

Ibeefa - Balaeric holiday island

lafarjik - Lacking in energy ("I feel all lafarjik")

OI OI! - Traditional greeting. Often heard from the doorway of pubs or during banging dance tunes at clubs

paipa - The Sun, The Mirror or The Sport

reband - The period of recovery and emotional turmoil after rejection by a lover ("I couldn't elp it, I wuz on the reband from Craig")

Saffend - Essex coastal resort boasting the longest pleasure pier in the world. The place where the characters from TV's, popular soap opera, Eastenders go on holiday

tan - The city of London , the big smoke

webbats - Querying the location something or someone is. ("?Webbats is me dole card Trace? I've gotta sign on in arf hour")

wonnid - 1. Desired, needed. 2. Wanted by the police

zaggerate - To suggest that something is bigger or better than it actually is. ("I told ya a fazzand times already")
  • Options
    Airman, someone from the Club said they were selling them up until 2pm Saturday as KB wasnt the only one who turned up early to buy them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Airman, someone from the Club said they were selling them up until 2pm Saturday as KB wasnt the only one who turned up early to buy them

I honestly wouldn't know the answer to that.
  • Options
    Went through the exact same scenario KB, was pretty annoyed when I was told they were still sitting on somebody's desk after all the running around. The guy on the phone said i'd be able to purchase a ticket over the phone tomorrow so i'll ring up one more time before making a final decision. Im thinking i'll risk it tomorrow if I cant book. The chap on the phone didnt sound too happy himself saying people had been ringing all morning about it.
  • Options
    Fair do's. Let see what kind of response i get from the club. Thanks for trying.
  • Options
    paipa - The Sun, The Mirror or The Sport
    surely this should read 'piper'?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Going to get them on the night. If none in our end will just have to try elsewhere.

How do they talk in Essex? Should I wear a tracksuit? Will I need an accent or will chewing a bit of straw do

[/You are joking aint you???? Have you seen the way Henry dresses.....Just go as normal Henry i'm not sure you'll find a place you fit in, unless of course you have a tardis and can get back to the 50's ;-)b]
  • Options
    I'm not taking fashion tips from a man so vain he has his own name on the back of his replica shirt : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]For the record, I've been in contact with the relevant managers this afternoon on this subject and the explanation I've been given is around practicalities but not the post. I'm not prepared to make the case as it's been explained to me, but arrangements are being made to publicise the availability of tickets at Colchester through the OS. You can rest assured that the criticisms made here have been fully aired internally.

Finally, although I am not saying this sufficient (because I for one didn't read it), I should point out that the following was included in last Tuesday's Bulletin: "Places are available in person from the Valley commercial centre, online and by calling the ticket hotline on 0871 226 1905. The final point at which to purchase a seat is Friday at 3pm."[/quote]

Fair point Airman and thanks for clarifying that. Was out of the country till Friday so missed the bit on the OS, then went by what I was told when I enquired. Don't want to crucify anyone for what might have been a genuine mistake. But the galling bit is that the tickets were there when I went to the ticket office and could have been sold had someone had the where with all to see it.

Hey ho, onwards and upwards!!
  • Options
    That's right addicks all essex people wear tracksuits and eat straw

Also on planet earth people that live in bromley support palace, people that get 29 votes and aren't as popular as vince shouldn't get arrogant especially when

But hey if you kow peter varney zzz...
  • Options
    Ok, so this was the very prompt reply I've had from the club..............

I realized that we have had some problems in relation to the Colchester tickets. From what I can hather we did have three hundred tickets left available but these were for the family section and the Commercial Centre could not at the time get a decision from Colchester as to whether or not we could sell these to non-families, that’s basically why the tickets were taken from sale. In any event, it was eventually agreed with Colchester that the tickets could be sold to anyone, but they had already been taken off sale by then.
    It would seem that mistakes have been made by both us and Colchester and for this I can only apologise .
    Colchester have agreed to sell tickets to Charlton fans who telephone them directly on 0845 437 9089 from 1.30pm today, on a first come first served basis. They will confirm exactly where the tickets can be collected on the night.

I have replied stating that 'communication' seems to have been lost between the Club and fans of late. But I did add that since I posted this problem on here that I have been inundated with offers of help & that has made me feel so much better.

So thanks to all, sorry for venting my spleen. Hopefully I'll see you there tonight!

x
  • Options
    just spoke to their ticket office, wont be on sale till 2
  • Options
    can I suggest a new thread with the above details as maybe a sticky for all to see ??
  • Options
    Just remember, snap 'em early!

*runs away*

I'm joking of course. Can't wait for tonight COYR
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]That's right addicks all essex people wear tracksuits and eat straw

Also on planet earth people that live in bromley support palace, people that get 29 votes and aren't as popular as vince shouldn't get arrogant especially when

Ooooooooh, touch sensitive are we.

I'll add not being able to take a joke to the other Essex characteristics shall I.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]That's right addicks all essex people wear tracksuits and eat straw

I have to go through Essex every time I go to the Valley, I keep forgetting to take my phrase book with me!

Come on SA, lighten up mate, I live in Norfolk and every time we play Norwich we get stuff on here about Naarwich and carrot-crunchers, sheep shaggers, farmers and incest. I take it it jest, I don't come from Norfolk, I'm a Kentish Man or a Sarf Londoner or both.
  • Options
    Will be on the phone at 2pm to make I can get mine then.

I keep reading on here from Ooh Aah how bad our away support is but seems there's a real chance of missing out tonight and having to go in the home end...
  • Options
    Does no one want the two tickets I have spare?