Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Evening Sub-Standard going free

13»

Comments

• You're probably right Muttley, but no-one can say I didn't try.
  • Good letter Stig...

• Stig make your next email a tad shorter .

"shit gooner loving rag,written by twats and even though free is only good as sub standard arse wipe paper. Yours Stig"
  • GH has nailed it. Filthy, shitty rag.
  • Stig make your next email a tad shorter .

"shit gooner loving rag,written by twats and even though free is only good as sub standard arse wipe paper. Yours Stig"

I must admit Stig, your attempt was a lot more detailed than mine have been!

This.

Wouldn't even pick it up, as a so called paper best forgotten.

Really , nice easy way to see the news for free and seems unPolitical to me. Sports bias is poor though.
  • PL54 said:

GH has nailed it. Filthy, shitty rag.

Really , nice easy way to see the news for free and seems unPolitical to me. Sports bias is poor though.
    Always seems like a willy waving paper for the rich in london. All it's adverts, reviews and housing section are aimed at the small wealthy percentage of Londoners.
  • Don't see the Standard much as I don't work in London, but saw the one quoted and was suprised how little coverage we got. Looks like i'm not missing much.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2013

PL54 said:

Always seems like a willy waving paper for the rich in london. All it's adverts, reviews and housing section are aimed at the small wealthy percentage of Londoners.
    Obviously. Why would an estate agency pay to advertise houses that they make the least money on?

It's west London centred reviews are bollocks though
  • PL54 said:

It's a free paper so has to get money somehow. It's also not compulsary to read it.
  • Stig said:

Yet another rubbish edition tonight. A london club draws away from home a the Championship champions-elect. You might think that'd be worthy of a report in a London paper, but oh no. All we got under the headline CITY SPECULATOR CARDIFF OWNER TO SPEND £25M ON TOP-FLIGHT RETURN, was a one-word mention in the following sentence, "The Welsh club clinched promotion to the Premier League with a 0-0 draw at home to Charlton last night". That's it Charlton fans, that's all were worthy of in the substandard. We could have been any club in the league, Bristol City, Middlesborough, and we'd have got exactly the same level of reportage. We don't even warrant the usual scoreline sub-header, Cardiff 0 Charlton 0.

I don't begrudge Cardiff getting a report at all. They've got promoted, they earned it. But is it really beyond The Standard to comment that our local team did well, perhaps to state that we came closest to scoring and name who was in the team?

I can't think of any other city in the country where the local paper would get away with such shoddy treatment of a local league team.

Both the pre-match "preview" and post-match "report" seemed to want to play on the fact that Cardiff's manager is "ex-Watford", rather thanb the fact that they were playing us!
  • For the record. Just as PL54 predicted, I got no response.