Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rangers

Watched em tonight, they are really awful.

Celtic are no better. There is barely one player between them that would attract a Prem club now and thats McGeady. Even hes hit and miss.

Bar the passion of the religious stuff, I wouldnt waste the airfare to watch any match up there.

Never rated Kyle Lafferty and still dont.

Felt for the service men who went along tonight.

Comments

• Options
    is david weir methusaleh's father ....
  • Options
    Hes one of the better ones!!
  • Options
    Do you reckon Atlantic League would be the answer?

Walter Smith says Old Firm need to join Atlantic League
  • Options
    Did you not read The Rules from a previous post ?

Don't speak of Politics, The Pope or Scottish Football.

FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Watched em tonight, they are really awful.

Celtic are no better. There is barely one player between them that would attract a Prem club now and thats McGeady. Even hes hit and miss.

Bar the passion of the religious stuff, I wouldnt waste the airfare to watch any match up there.

Never rated Kyle Lafferty and still dont.

Felt for the service men who went along tonight.

Its not a big surprise when you look at the resources that they have. There are clubs in the CCC that spend more on players than Rangers and Celtic. Sure they both have huge fan bases but that can only raise so much money - the rest has to come from TV and their TV deals are paltry compared to the Premiership clubs.

This is why they want to join the Prem or, more likely, a Euro League with the top Dutch, Belgian and Scandinavian teams to try and get a much better TV deal.

Both Celtic and Rangers pay a maximum of 20K per week to their top players, most of their players are on sub 10K per week and there is no way that you are going to attract top players with those sort of wages.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.
  • Options
    Fair enough, but there is a heck of a lot more talent on the Rangers squad then the greatest squad in Ialomita county.
  • Options
    Utterly disgraceful performance which highlights what a mess Scottish football is in at the moment. They only receive £3m a year from sky, whereas the worse premiership teams gets £40m or so.
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Felt for the service men who went along tonight.
    Indeed.
  • Options
    And who got them in that mess? Well it'll be the old infirm themselves and their followers wont it.

Their actions over the past 25 years or so have stamped out any semblance of competition, other than between the two clubs themselves. No wonder there is little interest in the SPL. No sympathy whatsoever, they do not deserve a second chance. Best thing that could happen for Scottish football is they both go bust.
  • Options
    See what happens when Bougherra doesn't play!

I think the young kid Fleck is an exciting talent but as Falconwood says there's certainly not many players in their side that a premier league team would want.
  • Options
    Well they've definitely got goals in the team.

They demonstrated that by the number of them that they spammed past their own keeper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Best thing that could happen for Scottish football is they both go bust.
    I couldn't disagree more, Scottish football would practically die if they went either bust or left the league. The weakness of the national team is related to how poor the SPL currently is. They SFA needs money and the Old Firm are its most valuable assists.
  • Options
    The best thing for Scottish football wouldn't be for the Old Firm to join the Premier but for the other clubs to join the Football League.

Cities like Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Kilmarnock could all support a Championship side at least and would, IMHO, thrive away from the clutches of the Old Firm.

With those Scottish Club on a par with CCC clubs they would be able to keep more of good scottish players and attract others back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]The weakness of the national team is related to how poor the SPL currently is.

and long may that continue!!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Scottish football today, English tomorrow (well in a few years)?

The bubble is going to burst some time soon. It can't go on as it is.
  • Options
    This is why they will not be allowed into our leagues because they are both a load of shite. Shite teams, Shite fans, Shite country enough said. If they do wanna play in our leagues then start them in the Blue square i can see this as a full time score soon Crawly Town 1 - 0 Rangers :-).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]This is why they will not be allowed into our leagues because they are both a load of shite. Shite teams, Shite fans, Shite country enough said. If they do wanna play in our leagues then start them in the Blue square i can see this as a full time score soon Crawly Town 1 - 0 Rangers :-).

Shite fans...no. Can hardly call either celtic or rangers fans shite. And as for the rest they stay loyal and support their teams watching shite football

Shite country...have you been?

Do you know anything about football or life?
  • Options
    Stupid statement Rupert IMHO.

Scotland is part of the same country you live in, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

I've been to Scotland and some of it was rough but most of it was great, bit like England really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]This is why they will not be allowed into our leagues because they are both a load of shite. Shite teams, Shite fans, Shite country enough said. If they do wanna play in our leagues then start them in the Blue square i can see this as a full time score soon Crawly Town 1 - 0 Rangers :-).

Sh*** fans, my god, Rangers & ***tic have some of the most, if not, the most rabid fans in the whole of football. Not something you'd want to be spouting in the bars of govan & Parkhead.

Scotland as a country is fantastic, have you ever been?
  • Options
    Was poor last night , although Liverpool without Torres and Gerrad wernt to clever.

Scottish footie is in a very poor way. Not that long ago they had World class players in some positions now second level standard the vast majority.

So now we get the calls for Celtic and Rangers to join the ENGLISH Prem League ----- how strange the Scots wanting English money, footbal develution.
  • Options
    The days of signing the likes of Henrik Larsson for £500k are over, which is a problem the Scottish clubs are facing. When the best they can convince to go and play in the SPL for a transfer fee of £2-3m is Kenny Miller and Kyle Lafferty, no wonder they're struggling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £20K a week is still a good wage, I doubt the Romanian team that Rangers lost to yesterday were paying their players anywhere near what Rangers (or Celtic) pay. If so that can't be the excuse...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The best thing for Scottish football wouldn't be for the Old Firm to join the Premier but for the other clubs to join the Football League.

Cities like Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Kilmarnock could all support a Championship side at least and would, IMHO, thrive away from the clutches of the Old Firm.

With those Scottish Club on a par with CCC clubs they would be able to keep more of good scottish players and attract others back.
    Interesting point Henry. I think you're right but it will never happen as the Old Firm will rightly claim that is unfair.

As for Rupert, please ignore him he's a wind up merchant. Edinborough is one of the best cities in the world and Scotland is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Have a look next time theirs golf at St. Andrews, the views are spectacular! Also high spring water is standard tap water in the highlands, it even comes through your bath taps!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]

So now we get the calls for Celtic and Rangers to join the ENGLISH Prem League
    how strange the Scots wanting English money, footbal develution.

Not all Scots want to be independent from the rest of the UK.
  • Options
    Have been to Scotland before decent contry but its the peole i cannot abide by. There were jocks at the three WC's i have been to that just went there to taunt english fans cos they were jealous so i cannot see why you are giving them any credit yes they have their die hard element but they hate English people and would rather any country won the world cup bar us.

We have a time share in the highlands for golf breaks. Now the Jocks there and nice and i have never had any problems there but when i went to Glasgow and Edinburgh they diddnt want to know me as i was from London and incidents at the WC's i have been too just makes me think all they wanna do is slate the English cos their team even worse than we are.

I can only go on my own experiences guys i dont hate all jocks cos not all of them are like this its just my own experiences i have only ever met scots i get on with in our timshare area in the highlands. Also if your experices of Jocks is that they are a warm loving peoples then great i wish i had the same experiences.
  • Options
    Hahaha i just spoke to a jock from Glasgow on the phone at work and booked him a theatre break in London and he was nice as pie kinda contradicts my previous post lol funny times.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Have been to Scotland before decent contry but its the peole i cannot abide by. There were jocks at the three WC's i have been to that just went there to taunt english fans cos they were jealous so i cannot see why you are giving them any credit yes they have their die hard element but they hate English people and would rather any country won the world cup bar us.

We have a time share in the highlands for golf breaks. Now the Jocks there and nice and i have never had any problems there but when i went to Glasgow and Edinburgh they diddnt want to know me as i was from London and incidents at the WC's i have been too just makes me think all they wanna do is slate the English cos their team even worse than we are.

I can only go on my own experiences guys i dont hate all jocks cos not all of them are like this its just my own experiences i have only ever met scots i get on with in our timshare area in the highlands. Also if your experices of Jocks is that they are a warm loving peoples then great i wish i had the same experiences.

How sad that you base your opinion of a country on an element of it’s football supporters, I’m sure 100% of England fans abroad are angels. I’m not surprised no one in Glasgow or Edinburgh wanted to know you if this is your narrow minded outlook on life.
  • Options
    No that is not my opinion of the country as a whole that is my opinion of the football fans and the football element of the country i diddnt say England fans were angels i diddnt even make any reference to england fans. I am narrow minded in a sense i admit that but you can only judge people on your own experiences i do not generally have a problem with jocks its just the ones i have met generally i have not got on with.
  • Options
    Cannot let the Scottish teams into our league AS FIFA would not doubt make us Merge National sides & quite frankly England do not need any of Scotland's ahem qualities in their side.

It was very sad to see Rangers getting spanked last night Seville is one thing, some minnow from Romania is something else.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Hahaha i just spoke to a jock from Glasgow on the phone at work and booked him a theatre break in London and he was nice as pie kinda contradicts my previous post lol funny times.

Im slightly concerned that you booked this guy a break to London along with theatre tickets, yet only last week you started a thread on good places to take a date in London??? :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Hahaha i just spoke to a jock from Glasgow on the phone at work and booked him a theatre break in London and he was nice as pie kinda contradicts my previous post lol funny times.

Im slightly concerned that you booked this guy a break to London along with theatre tickets, yet only last week you started a thread on good places to take a date in London??? :-)

Indeed we just book the theatre tickets and hotels nothing to do with restaurants mate and i needed some advise on restaurants cos i had never eaten in the westend before as we were to poor for things like that when i was growing up :-)