Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rangers

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Cannot let the Scottish teams into our league AS FIFA would not doubt make us Merge National sides & quite frankly England do not need any of Scotland's ahem qualities in their side.

It was very sad to see Rangers getting spanked last night Seville is one thing, some minnow from Romania is something else.
    There's more money in it for the FA/Premier League if the Old Firm are in the Premiership instead of the likes of Hull and Burnley. Clubs will be guaranteed a full house whenever they play either team, although some games, for example Chelsea V Celtic would require a massive police presence.

A couple of seasons in the Premiership and the Old Firm will be up there with Aston Villa & Spurs. That said, it will never happen, good thing too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Hahaha i just spoke to a jock from Glasgow on the phone at work and booked him a theatre break in London and he was nice as pie kinda contradicts my previous post lol funny times.

Im slightly concerned that you booked this guy a break to London along with theatre tickets, yet only last week you started a thread on good places to take a date in London??? :-)

Indeed we just book the theatre tickets and hotels nothing to do with restaurants mate and i needed some advise on restaurants cos i had never eaten in the westend before as we were to poor for things like that when i was growing up :-)

Who do you work for Ru, any cheap deals for Charlton Lifers at West End hotels????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Hahaha i just spoke to a jock from Glasgow on the phone at work and booked him a theatre break in London and he was nice as pie kinda contradicts my previous post lol funny times.

Im slightly concerned that you booked this guy a break to London along with theatre tickets, yet only last week you started a thread on good places to take a date in London??? :-)

Indeed we just book the theatre tickets and hotels nothing to do with restaurants mate and i needed some advise on restaurants cos i had never eaten in the westend before as we were to poor for things like that when i was growing up :-)

Yea sure i can get you a friends and family discount on westend theatre breaks whisper me what your looking for and i will look into for you plus anyone else that as we are all fans of the greatest club to ever grace the planet i would be happy to help if i can. It does depend on availibility and that though so dont be too disapointed if i cannot do anything need at least a weeks notice though :-)
    Who do you work for Ru, any cheap deals for Charlton Lifers at West End hotels????
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Have been to Scotland before decent contry but its the peole i cannot abide by. There were jocks at the three WC's i have been to that just went there to taunt english fans cos they were jealous so i cannot see why you are giving them any credit yes they have their die hard element but they hate English people and would rather any country won the world cup bar us.

We have a time share in the highlands for golf breaks. Now the Jocks there and nice and i have never had any problems there but when i went to Glasgow and Edinburgh they diddnt want to know me as i was from London and incidents at the WC's i have been too just makes me think all they wanna do is slate the English cos their team even worse than we are.

I can only go on my own experiences guys i dont hate all jocks cos not all of them are like this its just my own experiences i have only ever met scots i get on with in our timshare area in the highlands. Also if your experices of Jocks is that they are a warm loving peoples then great i wish i had the same experiences.[/quote]

The only Jocks I met in Germany in 06 were all Rangers fans, and all supporting England. They were one of the most patriotic groups of British men I can accross in Germany!
    But then they of course did not consider themselves Scottish. They considered themselves British.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Cannot let the Scottish teams into our league AS FIFA would not doubt make us Merge National sides & quite frankly England do not need any of Scotland's ahem qualities in their side.

It was very sad to see Rangers getting spanked last night Seville is one thing, some minnow from Romania is something else.
    There's more money in it for the FA/Premier League if the Old Firm are in the Premiership instead of the likes of Hull and Burnley. Clubs will be guaranteed a full house whenever they play either team, although some games, for example Chelsea V Celtic would require a massive police presence.

A couple of seasons in the Premiership and the Old Firm will be up there with Aston Villa & Spurs. That said, it will never happen, good thing too.

How is there more money for Prem Clubs? The Sky deal will stay the same.

Most clubs sell out most weeks anyway. OK Bolton and Fulham will sell more than they do v Hull but not a huge difference and as you say police costs will go up.

But there is a real risk to Burnley and Hull because if you bring in Celgers and Rantic someone has to make room for them.

Spurs won't want them as they will be taking their Europa league spot.

The Sky Four won't want them as they could nick a top four place and will almost certainly take some of the money for live games.

Big benefit to the Old Firm but not much for the English clubs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

Yea sure i can get you a friends and family discount on westend theatre breaks whisper me what your looking for and i will look into for you plus anyone else that as we are all fans of the greatest club to ever grace the planet i would be happy to help if i can. It does depend on availibility and that though so dont be too disapointed if i cannot do anything need at least a weeks notice though :-)

Already got a hotel booked for Sat 12th Dec, near Oxford Street, for other halfs b'day/xmas lights/Tiger Tiger,the St Giles Hotel, whats the cheapest you could find near there?
  • Options
    Yea DA9 the St giles is good really central and always a good price. Strand Palace is always one of the best priced one too so if you have already booked the hotel what else would you need i can send you a link to our website if you like?
  • Options
    Just to let you know its all based on availibility so i migt not be able to do anything but will do my best :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Just to let you know its all based on availibility so i migt not be able to do anything but will do my best :-)

No worries, wont hold you to anything, link would be great, if only for future reference (ps....got the St Giles for £94, no breakfast though, mind you, with 2 restaurants, late bar and gym & pool, cant complain)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]How is there more money for Prem Clubs? The Sky deal will stay the same.

Most clubs sell out most weeks anyway. OK Bolton and Fulham will sell more than they do v Hull but not a huge difference and as you say police costs will go up.

But there is a real risk to Burnley and Hull because if you bring in Celgers and Rantic someone has to make room for them.

Spurs won't want them as they will be taking their Europa league spot.

The Sky Four won't want them as they could nick a top four place and will almost certainly take some of the money for live games.

Big benefit to the Old Firm but not much for the English clubs.
    Rangers & Celtic will both be category A++ games (despite how poor the sides are) and will sell out every away allocation, no matter how big it is. Currently there are only a few clubs who will take 5k to Wigan & 7.5K to Blackburn etc. There's also been a drop in attendance at most clubs resulting in reduced ticket prices.

Also with the gate receipt for cups games being shared equally among the home and away teams the home to an old firm side will be a tie many clubs will be after.

No fan would want them here, but money talks. I'm pretty sure the premier league officials are disappointed that Newcastle have been replaced with Burnley. The Old Firm in England is a tempting proposition but not tempting enough!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Have been to Scotland before decent contry but its the peole i cannot abide by.
    Why did you go to the expense of buying a timeshare in a cuntry in which you, in your own words "cannot abide" the people? None available in (Little) England?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    wouldn't want either celtic or rangers to take OUR place in the premiership !!

saw quite a few j(c)ocks in japan for the 2002 world cup wearing their kilts and our oppositions tops and cheering the oppo on so may their run of mediocrity long continue
    and can recall seeing news footage of the swetties laughing in english fans tearful faces when we lost on penalties in one of those big screen areas set up in france .... muppets
  • Options
    I did hear that Celtic were willing to start off in League 2 and work their way up to the appropriate level - I'm inclined to think this is the best way to go about things as they find their own level naturally aswell as generating income and a buzz in the lower leagues with their travelling fans.

Totally unfair if they waltz straight into the top flight but I'd have no objection to them working from the bottom up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I did hear that Celtic were willing to start off in League 2 and work their way up to the appropriate level

That came direct from the ***tic chairman/MD/Chief exec, whomever last week, lard arse brazil metioned it on talkshite last week.
  • Options
    I think you'll find if they were allowed to waltz into the prem then there would be a lot of lawsuits flying around from the 2 teams not promoted. The football league would lose money as the play offs would be cancelled that year and the championship as a whole would suffer lower attendances due to the 1 up making the last third of the season a series of nothing games for a huge number of teams who would normally be fighting it out for a sniff of the playoffs.

It simply isn't going to happen.

Also, if the old firm got into the prem they are far from guaranteed to survice the experience. Their squads as they are now would struggle to reach the playoffs in the champ and it would take seriously big time investment for both to avoid relagation.

I'm of the mindset that scottish football is reaping what it's sown. The old firm has systematically destroyed all possible competition with the aid and assistance of the SFA who only saw pound signs. It is a sobering warning to the premiership, you destroy competition you eventually destroy the league.
  • Options
    And another thing...

There are enough little glory hunters in our patch following the Sky 4 already, add those two into the mix and you have another two rival clubs pinching potential fans from under our noses. And many of them on the basis of which church their grandparents went too...
  • Options
    Whatever happened to Rangers taking over Charlton?

Was that ever a real goer or were Tony Jimenez and Denis Wise involved?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite] Also, if the old firm got into the prem they are far from guaranteed to survice the experience. Their squads as they are now would struggle to reach the playoffs in the champ and it would take seriously big time investment for both to avoid relagation.

This is true but at the moment they currently have championship type budgets. With £30-50m of sky money behind them plus extra revenue from sponsorships each season, i think you'd find they'd soon be improving their squads.
  • Options
    The whole draw of playing for the old firm is guaranteed champions league football allowing the players to raise their profiles and earn the money the clubs earn from it.

If they joined the prem there is no guarantee they would even qualify for UEFA cup..id go as far to say the chances would be slim and ok they get great crowds but that doesnt mean success or financial dominance as newcastle and spurs prove on yearly occasions.

If they did join the prem and didnt qualify for europe they would be at the same level as a villa or a spurs at best in terms of the money they earned and certainly the players they attract.
  • Options
    Why should the English leagues or Premiership consider Rangers or Celtic....their home is in Scotland and Scotland has its own parliament and seeking more home responsibility through devolution. It just seem that if it doesn't suit the Scottish, the answer is to hop over the border. Now I'm not against the scottish but surely there needs to be consistency in their approach.

And another thing.....there was a reason why Hadrian built a wall ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Have been to Scotland before decent contry but its the peole i cannot abide by.
    Why did you go to the expense of buying a timeshare in a cuntry in which you, in your own words "cannot abide" the people? None available in (Little) England?

Its my parents mate not mine i would have chose the dales proply but who am i to moan plus it is a really nice area.
  • Options
    As much as this discussion is fun, I've grown up in a Scottish familly and know it'll never, ever, happen. It's fun to talk/debate but I can never see it happening. More chance of Ian Dowie signing a good player !!
  • Options
    BBC reporting both Rangers and Celtic have been refused entry into the PL.Also in the report is that Man u earned £51 million in tv revenue last season and bottom club West brom ONLY earned £31 million!Really brought a tear to my eye did that.
  • Options
    £31m would pay all of Ranger's 'crippling' debt. :-(
  • Options
    Why should Scottish teams play in an English league anyway?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Why should Scottish teams play in an English league anyway?

I know, I say we should kick out Cardiff and Swansea, effective today, and the current top two teams in League one should take their places.
  • Options
    It is fair to say we have Welsh clubs in England so why not Scottish? Not that I'm for it- I just don't see why it's ok for Wales and not Scotland.
  • Options
    Wales didn't have a national league until 1992, so there was no other choice for senior Welsh sides but to join the English set-up. A team called Aberdare Athletic joined the Football League the same season as Charlton. I doubt any new Welsh team would ever be allowed to break into the English system now.

In a wider picture, the idea of Wales being a separate nation has only really gained traction in the past few decades, while Scotland's always had its own legal system and banknotes and whatever.

Queen's Park were twice in the FA Cup final in the 1880s, before the founding of the SFA.
  • Options
    Just seen that the Cock Tavern in Farringdon has shut down where I know a few lads on here used to go for Rangers games.

Any of you know another Rangers pub in London (not too far north of the river please !).
  • Options
    One in Dartford & Gillingham

Cant think of the names of the top of my head will check and put up later.

Unless DA9 is on he will know