Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MasterChef

edited October 2009 in Not Sports Related
Steve, Daniel or Marian?

Comments

• Options
    Steve all the way
  • Options
    Is this a 'would ya'?
  • Options
    I havent seen this series with the professionals, is it the same without John Torode? I liked the last series with him and Gregg together. Always thought their comments were entertaining and if there was any criticism it was always constructive.
  • Options
    I think Roux Jnr is far better than Torode from what ive seen, gives better insight and better empathy with the contestant. He also has a good sense of humour.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]I think Roux Jnr is far better than Torode from what ive seen, gives better insight and better empathy with the contestant. He also has a good sense of humour.

Maybe, but he also helps them out and tells em what to do. I want to see them suffer on their own!
  • Options
    wallace.gif

Marian

Agree that Roux is much better than Torode. He has a big fat tounge that he sticks out when he tastes things and believes all kinds of non-sweet foodstuffs are sweet, which annoys me more than it should "the sweetness of the salmon". It's not effing sweet you idiot. He also calls pasta PAWSTER for reasons unknown.
  • Options
    Marian is the best cook, but her mouth is putting me off.

Roux Jr makes me laugh, when he appears in the background staring at the pan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Marian, her mouth is putting me off.
  • Options
    Have John Torode and Neil (Dr) Fox ever been seen in the same room together ?
  • Options
    I loved the qualifying round, where the young guy had to de-bone a fish and cut all his fingers and nearly bled to death!

90% of em this year couldn't cook beans on toast.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I loved the qualifying round, where the young guy had to de-bone a fish and cut all his fingers and nearly bled to death!

90% of em this year couldn't cook beans on toast.

There's been some shockers.

The food critics get to me. That bloke with about 30 chins.

Greg - TOP TOP FLAAAAAAAAVOURS
  • Options
    Steve gotta win.

although like both fellas. that tribute to keith floyd dish last night by steve was awesome, and that dessert - had my mouth watering - guiness icecream with banana cake! yum!

love michele roux jr - certainly not as loud and shouty as torode and wallace together although have met torode before so like him. Wallace is millwall. cracking up last week at their describing words. michele says "that was stunning" and wallace says "that was bloody yummy"

tonight should be good! 90 mins of masterchef then bit of drumming/guitaring beatles stylee on the wii.
  • Options
    GetAsset.aspx?ItemID=19204
    Peter
    GetAsset.aspx?ItemID=8854
    Charles
  • Options
    Steve for me, I don't care what the judges said, I thought that sweet shop desert he did the other day looked amazing.
  • Options
    Roux Jr is a con. Has a go at the contestants for not 'raising their game'... then watched him on Saturday Kitchen and he cooks the most basic stuff you can imagine!
  • Options
    Glad it is finally ending so I can get near the TV again. I do quite enjoy it but it seems to be on every night for about 6 weeks.

Henry jnr now does a passable impression of the judges when presented with his tea
  • Options
    3O SECONDS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Glad it is finally ending so I can get near the TV again. I do quite enjoy it but it seems to be on every night for about 6 weeks.

Henry jnr now does a passable impression of the judges when presented with his tea

Medders Jnr too... spoon in and then takes an age to pull it out. Finds this histerical
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Roux Jr is a con. Has a go at the contestants for not 'raising their game'... then watched him on Saturday Kitchen and he cooks the most basic stuff you can imagine!

ooooOOOoooo ark at you!

this is coming from the 'chef' that on Xmas eve (approx 8pm) 4 yrs ago text me asking how to cook a turkey......

Pierre Medders White.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always watch this show. I think the stuf they turn out in the time they are given is stunning. having done a good few years inthe 5 * hotel business the hours those guys put in is awfull over 70 a week and shit money till you go up the ladder,

Sorry Medders M Roux Jnr isnt a con. His Dad /Uncle etc helped raise the level of cooking in this country and he is a top top chef in his own right. Met his dad 8 years ago ish, he was dining at a near by hotel and poped in to see the newly refurbed kitchens. I showed him round the refurb and round the hotel. He was a gent and very easy to chat to. He knew the designers (they had just done Balmoral) and it was a an hour well worth spending showing him about.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Sorry Medders M Roux Jnr isnt a con. His Dad /Uncle etc helped raise the level of cooking in this country and he is a top top chef in his own right. Met his dad 8 years ago ish, he was dining at a near by hotel and poped in to see the newly refurbed kitchens. I showed him round the refurb and round the hotel. He was a gent and very easy to chat to. He knew the designers (they had just done Balmoral) and it was a an hour well worth spending showing him about.

Was a bit tongue in cheek mate... bearing in mind on Masterchef, they get 1hr 20 etc to prepare the food, on Saturday Kitchen Roux Jr gets 10 minutes...

For what it's worth, I think he makes Masterchef so much more watchable than Tarode ever did. The other Roux is also very entertaining...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Roux Jr is a con. Has a go at the contestants for not 'raising their game'... then watched him on Saturday Kitchen and he cooks the most basic stuff you can imagine!

ooooOOOoooo ark at you!

this is coming from the 'chef' that on Xmas eve (approx 8pm) 4 yrs ago text me asking how to cook a turkey......

Pierre Medders White.

I've never claimed to be a Michelin star chef have I! Besides, I know that Reading is outside the M25, making me a far better person than you ;-)
  • Options
    steve won it. Not sure id want to eat the food or have it framed.
  • Options
    Wife was watching this when I got back from the airport last night - I have watched it occasionally in the past and not a bad show ... the right person definitely won last night.
  • Options
    yep - good show till they did the soppy sob story bits.

we took inspiration from the programme and the dishes they made and had - fish fingers sandwich and chips.
  • Options
    Glad he won as I thought he was the best of three very good people although having said that I didn't taste any of their food ; - )
  • Options
    thing is you can take ideas from the show or any cooking program-- only the minor stuff maybe. Lavender as a type of herd intrests me, have loads of it in the garden, love the smell , but wonder what it tastes like when used in cooking ?

Few weeks back when he did the egg on toast thing was truely stunning even the food critics hadnt seen anything like it.
  • Options
    Agree with Suzi, absolutely no need for the sob story bits, if they want to do this they can make a show of it and what it on at an Ungodly hour on BBC3/4.

I would like to see a show of 'what steve did next' though
  • Options
    Thought the right person won.

They said they were after someone who could become a genius, and some of the stuff that Steve did showed potential of that.

And he made me really want a scotch egg.