Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MasterChef

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]I would like to see a show of 'what steve did next' though

he's on this morning - this morning!
  • Options
    never had a Gulls egg or a quails egg wonder (other than egg!!) what they taste like ? My nan use to do goose eggs for my granddad they are huge.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Few weeks back when he did the egg on toast thing was truely stunning even the food critics hadnt seen anything like it.

Same goes for the dessert he made, complete with paper bag of sherbert! A talent for sure.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]we took inspiration from the programme and the dishes they made and had - fish fingers sandwich and chips.

I hope you threw a sprig of parsley on top of the sandwich...
  • Options
    Smart lad won eh.

Shame that Marian dropped the ball a bit on the last day. I found her walking around in a black suit with boots quite stimulating.
  • Options
    New series on now.

Laaaarvly
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Love Mc Lovin's picture of the bald guy gobbling the food. Gets me every time!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not keen on the dour voice over person tho!
  • Options
    Just got in in time, I hate this programme so much but cant tear myself away from it.
    Rather addictive but also has the power to make me want to stab myself till I am really dead
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Just got in in time, I hate this programme so much but cant tear myself away from it.
    Rather addictive but also has the power to make me want to stab myself till I am really dead
    Exactly how I feel. Torrode saying POSTARR instead of pasta, Wallace going on about parsnips and lamb being sweet. The total disregard of whatever happens in the professional kitchen. Whenever anyone asian is on and throws a bunch of shit in a pan. and does a stir fry and they coo over it, before having a pop at the next person for using too many ingredients and/or doing something too simple. If I end up kicking my telly off the wall the bbc are paying for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got in in time, I hate this programme so much but cant tear myself away from it.
    Rather addictive but also has the power to make me want to stab myself till I am really dead........

I thought you were talking about a Charlton match for a minute.....
  • Options
    Did anyone watch last night's serving?

Something odd. When they had to cook their bit of chicken they said that they had one hour and 15 minutes to cook a great dish from a chicken. The rather fey looking bloke with the curly fair hair (who I have formed an intense dislike of; particularly when he was trying to explain that food was in his blood because his great uncle was a jam maker; he'd have got a saute pan in the face off me for that alone) then managed to somehow prep and season it, heat the oven and roast it before cutting it up and serving it on a risotto (quite a stupid idea, although the pair of pricks didn't pick up on the fact that such a thing would never see the light of day in Italy). Quite apart from the fact that the thing looked like a dogs dinner, although the boys seemed to think it was some kind of artwork I DON'T UNDERSTAND - SHORT OF USING A BLAST FURNACE - HOW YOU CAN ROAST A 5lbs CHICKEN IN WELL UNDER AN HOUR. WHY ARE THEY LYING? I'LL ONLY BE SATISFIED IF ONE OF THE JUDGES IS STRICKEN WITH THE SHITS.

Glad the daft lad went out. Should have never been there. It always irritates me when they start banging on about Masterchef being their chance to get into catering. Go and get a job in a restaurant if you want one, they're always hiring. They're just not going to let you be head chef and pin a Michelin star on you because you do a good effing dinner party.

This programme annoys me so much...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Did anyone watch last night's serving?

Something odd. When they had to cook their bit of chicken they said that they had one hour and 15 minutes to cook a great dish from a chicken. The rather fey looking bloke with the curly fair hair (who I have formed an intense dislike of; particularly when he was trying to explain that food was in his blood because his great uncle was a jam maker; he'd have got a saute pan in the face off me for that alone) then managed to somehow prep and season it, heat the oven and roast it before cutting it up and serving it on a risotto (quite a stupid idea, although the pair of pricks didn't pick up on the fact that such a thing would never see the light of day in Italy). Quite apart from the fact that the thing looked like a dogs dinner, although the boys seemed to think it was some kind of artwork I DON'T UNDERSTAND - SHORT OF USING A BLAST FURNACE - HOW YOU CAN ROAST A 5lbs CHICKEN IN WELL UNDER AN HOUR. WHY ARE THEY LYING? I'LL ONLY BE SATISFIED IF ONE OF THE JUDGES IS STRICKEN WITH THE SHITS.

Glad the daft lad went out. Should have never been there. It always irritates me when they start banging on about Masterchef being their chance to get into catering. Go and get a job in a restaurant if you want one, they're always hiring. They're just not going to let you be head chef and pin a Michelin star on you because you do a good effing dinner party.

The blond sheephead should go straight away - his madly staring eyes freak me out!

Thought it was funny last night when the scruffy bloke lost it after being booted out. It was like something on Big Brother, not Masterchef.

If it annoys you so much, why do you watch it? I absolutely love it! I think I'm a pretty good cook but I watch the people on there and realise I have a loooong way to go to catch them up :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Did anyone watch last night's serving?

I could be wrong but the 'daft lad' as you call him look like he was always 10 minutes away from his next measure of.....er.....baking powder shall we call it. I visit pro kitchens all the time through work and that lad wouldn't last the first morning beofre throwing a hissy and being on his way.

I agree with all your points above, especialy about the chicken cooking time - heavens, it's almost like they cheated - but for the life of me (and the missus) I can't stop watching the thing. Very moorish in fact.
  • Options
    VERY MOORISH
  • Options
    Good tv....... not sure it has much to do with being a 'masterchef' but then you level that argument with all these type of programmes, be it dancing on ice, singing, dancing etc.......
    Worked with Torrode this week on bbc London,in Spitalfields decent bloke, unlike some of the so 'celebrity chefs' ...... Roux and Raymond Blanc for me if someone else is paying!
  • Options
    Cooking doesn 't get tougher than this.....

What a load of old bollocks.

Try cooking for a platoon of hungry grunters in the Afghan desert.
  • Options
    IF I DON'T THINK YOU'RE UP FOR IT, I'M GOING TO PULL YOU OFF

Had to laugh at the daft bint who expected the lambs sweetbreads would be some kind of bread.
  • Options
    Sounds like I'm on my own here; I really like it. It's the only "reality" tv programme I've watched since they used to have Mr Trebus on Life of Grime.
    This evening I watched Masterchef Australia and that was a completely different kettle of fish. It was as though they'd deliberately picked a bunch of people who couldn't cook, so that the audience could just snigger at their failures - and there were plenty of them.
  • Options
    We have The Restaurant for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top show, but they might as well award the prize to the Asian guy now, he is head and shoulders above the other two, especially the one with the dodgy teeth, he has no chance. Last nights programme felt a bit too contrived with the table full of chefs, far too many smug looks for my liking.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Definitely should be the Asian guy which means the blonde soft lad will win. The Doc is a complete woose! I hate cookery programmes & this really annoys me but i can't stop watching. Even saw a bit of that Dahl show. Wtf? Shes a freak???!!!!!
  • Options
    She is clearly trying too hard to be the new (incomparable) Nigella.
  • Options
    At least with Nigella you can believe she actually eats the food the food she cooks!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Top show, but they might as well award the prize to the Asian guy now, he is head and shoulders above the other two, especially the one with the dodgy teeth, he has no chance. Last nights programme felt a bit too contrived with the table full of chefs, far too many smug looks for my liking.

Druv I think his name is. Is he Asian/Mexican or was he just born in Mexico?

Thought Druv's food last night was spot on. Alex is too fussy and the Doc makes too many mistakes.
  • Options
    Hold on - are you talking about Dhruv aka Terry Duckworth who on the last two episodes has needed help to get his food out because he cannot prep very well, and is a little bit slow at put things together and cook in a timely manner?
    Not to mention the fact the he lost his wedding ring whilst cooking the food last night ??????
    I want the doctor to win although last nights episode did seem to nudge in the direction of Dhruv.
    Therefore I predict Goldilocks will win !!!!
  • Options
    Dhroov will win, British father, Indian mother is his racial background Henry.

I have backed him since his first appearance...ask my missus!
  • Options
    I don't want the Doc to win, we need decent doctor's in this country and he should go back to making kids better and be happy that he is in a job where he makes a difference rather than make poncy food all day. Druv should win. On the last two challenges last night he was consistantly good especially making 80 canapes in an hour. Each one looked the same and were presented immacuately as opposed to the mess the other two served up. I love the programme, long may it continue.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Dhroov will win, British father, Indian mother is his racial background Henry.

I have backed him since his first appearance...ask my missus!

Me too. thought he said something about Mexico but I don't watch it avidly and didn't see the episodes you mention mr one lung.

agree with Large on the Canape's. Looked and, according to the judges, tasted great.
  • Options
    Love it, seen every episode and couldn't wait for the football to finish last night so i could watch last nights. Favourite programme on the telly at the moment.

Though i do seem to spend most of the episodes on 'quote watch':

"John, what are we going to do here"

"these are three very talented cooks we've got here'

'It doesn't get much tougher than this John'

'Is is fusion, or is it just con-fusion'