Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scally Rant...

WSSWSS
edited October 2009 in General Charlton
From the KM:

Gillingham chairman Paul Scally admits that he still has bitter memories of his dealings with Charlton ahead of the clubs’ first league meeting in almost 30 years.

The Addicks enjoyed the high-life in the Premier League for several years and in that time they crossed swords with Mr Scally on several occasions.

Charlton’s decision to try and raise their profile in Kent is one policy that Mr Scally couldn’t abide.

"I think their behaviour has been poor over the last few years," said Mr Scally.

"As a club they’ve shown little humility and a great deal of arrogance. There is no place in football for that.

"A good club should be magnanimous in defeat and humble in victory. I’ve got no problem with the fans and the players but there have been some individuals who have made poor decisions.

"It wasn’t the buses so much, it was the way they went into the schools of Medway with their Football in the Community."

He added: "My point is that Charlton isn’t in Kent. I went to school in south east London and used to hang around near The Valley.

"I used to hang around SE7 and know where that is and it’s not in Kent.

"They were working well outside of their remit with the Football in the Community.

"When they were in administration not so long ago other clubs around them like Millwall, Crystal Palace and Gillingham didn’t go stomping in and stealing the minds and souls of the kids."

There have been a number of fall-outs over the years between the clubs, most recently after the on-off transfer saga involving striker Chris Dickson.

But Mr Scally is pragmatic when looking back at the clubs’ differences.

He said: "There always will be (issues) as they are a local team to us and what they do affects us and what we do affects them. It’s nothing personal."

Comments

• Options
    can't think of anything Gillingham do that affects us.
  • Options
    'In Administration'

Enough said really what a Bell end !
  • Options
    ''stealing the minds and souls''!

We need to get a Question time set up with Scally.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]can't think of anything Gillingham do that affects us.

Other than leave their away end uncovered so we'll get f*cking wet tomorrow!
  • Options
    and on friendsreuinted when you look at their suggested friends and it's just people that have looked at your profile, i found scally on mine. i don't even know the prick.get your own life!
  • Options
    What a grade A Penfold lookalike COCK! No need for a team talk tomorrow Parky!
  • Options
    Never been in Administration (unlike Gillingham) Another Gills myth.

And would that be the Football in the Community scheme that Gills couldn't run properly or were even very interested in that Charlton were begged by Kent County Council to takeover as we know what we are doing.

Charlton are a regional team based in SE London.

Gillingham's catchment area is shown on the back of their tickets.
  • Options
    This bloke doesnt really do himself any favours does he?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Basically "it's not my fault it's theirs".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Gillingham's catchment area is shown on the back of their tickets.

LOL. Love it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Penfold!...Shush!

photo-3293.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    confirming my reasoning that i want every other london and kent club to get relegated and fall down the leagues as charlton go on to dominate football worldwide .....
  • Options
    So is he suggesting that MUTV should only be braodcast inside Salford or that Utd shouldn't allow Wayne Rooney to appear on the front cover of FIFA 2010 because it might poison the minds of kids from otside Manchester into supporting Utd. What a load of bollocks.

Football is a competition and a business - kil or be killed. Unless you are Utd or Arsenal etc, there will always be bigger fish out there ready to pinch supporters off you and 20 years ago we had no ground and sub 5000 gates whilst palying top flight football. What did we do about it? Got of our arses and people who loved the club fought tooth and nail to save it and then worked long and hard on innovative ideas to grow it.

Think it's about time Scally stopped moaning about what we did and maybe started trying to copy it if he's really got any ambitions for Gillingham.

Odious little twat.
  • Options
    Hilarious. The bloke's inability to grapple with the facts really does make him football's answer to Nick Griffin.

But I love it all the same, because it helps to make tomorrow's game a cracker.

Just hope Parky's efforts to up the ante and increase the competitive edge gets through to our squad, because the likes of Racon, Semedo and Youga can be totally forgiven if they've never even heard of Gillingham!!!
  • Options
    Actually, Charlton have kept their football in the community operation out of Medway schools. This bloke just makes stuff up to suit himself.

Amd bizarre as it may seem to SE Londoners, Gillingham is no more in the Kent County Council area than Charlton is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Amd bizarre as it may seem to SE Londoners, Gillingham is no more in the Kent County Council area than Charlton is.

Indeed. Scally is clearly oblivious to this
  • Options
    ''And bizarre as it may seem to SE Londoners, Gillingham is no more in the Kent County Council area than Charlton is.

Indeed. Scally is clearly oblivious to this.''

Well as it seems that he never pays his bills, he probably has no idea that he's meant to pay his council tax to the Medway Council unitary authority rather than KCC !
  • Options
    Were Scally and Simon Jordan separated at birth?
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure we did go into administration, hence the reason we were reborn as Charlton 1984 LTD.
    Not that I wish to add credence to anything he says.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]I'm pretty sure we did go into administration, hence the reason we were reborn as Charlton 1984 LTD.
    Not that I wish to add credence to anything he says.

Pretty sure that wasn't administration. The company went out of business and a new company was formed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2009
    The High Court granted a winding up order against us Feb 27, 1984 and the official receiver turned up at the Valley and locked the gates. As a result, an away game at Blackburn was postponed by the Football League, pending another High Court hearing. Eventually the court accepted a rescue package (from Sunleys) on March 8, just 30 mins before we were due to be thrown out of the league. That then had to go the Footlball League's solicitors for approval, who accpeted it with barely a couple of minutes to go.

That's how close we were to being expelled from the League and that's when CAFC (1984) Ltd was born.

The distinction between administration and receivership is a fine one, and one assumes it is these events that Scally was refering to...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]
    The distinction between administration and receivership is a fine one, and one assumes it is these events that Scally was refering to...

sorry but there is a huge, huge difference between administration and receivership.
  • Options
    Not in the mind of idiots like Scally there isnt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Were Scally and Simon Jordan separated at birth?
    They should both be separated at the neck!
  • Options
    Huge, huge difference?

Well here's the BBC business news desk's explanation of the technical difference, not today because it has changed, but as it pertained to us at the time in 1984 :

''What is the difference between going into administration and going into receivership?

In the UK, the banks that have lent money on a secured basis have the right to call in a receiver to sort out the assets and look after their interests.

Many Commonwealth countries, including New Zealand, Australia and India, also follow this model.

In other countries, such as France, a court will appoint an administrator to act in everyone's interests, including the employees, although special regard is paid to the banks.''
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Were Scally and Simon Jordan separated at birth?

Good point, Medders.

Scally is the new Simon Jordan.
  • Options
    Did he have some of his wifes powder before this interview
  • Options
    punching above hes weight with her dont you think
  • Options
    Pauuuuuul Scally
    is a wanker
    is a wanker
    Pauuuuuul Scally....

For tomorrow...