Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scally Rant...

Comments

• Paul Scally. Lives up to his classy name. Total insignificant cock cheese like his club.
  • Had another dig in today's programme , blokes an idiot
  • Scally's programme notes were ridiculous! After describing how he was born and raised in charlton, with addicks as family and mates, he then has a dig at cafc saying "one thing I have been sure all my life is that charlton are in London se7 and no matter how much some try and kid themselves to the the contray, they are therefore not a Kent club as I so often read and hear".

So in summary for those confused: we have the self appointed chairman of Kent football telling us that we can't be a Kent club because we are from the same place as him.

Grade A hypocritical twat...
  • What a waste of skin that four eyed Spanner twat is.
  • edited October 2009
    ''we have the self appointed chairman of Kent football telling us that we can't be a Kent club''

Yes, but this site has been full of south Londoners trying to insist we aren't a Kent club all week ! Perhaps now they realise Scally agrees with them, the Kent-deniers among our own fans will change their minds and accept that neither Scally nor the formation of the LCC a little more than a 100 years ago can change centuries of history...
  • Brighton and Pompey are not happy either with the valley express nicking their fans.
    If all 17,000 of our fans were all bussed in just from Kent it still leaves 1,583,000 people for the Idiot to try and get to come to his shithole of a ground.
    TWAT!
  • edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Scally's programme notes were ridiculous! After describing how he was born and raised in charlton, with addicks as family and mates, he then has a dig at cafc saying "one thing I have been sure all my life is that charlton are in London se7 and no matter how much some try and kid themselves to the the contray, they are therefore not a Kent club as I so often read and hear"quote]

He was in my class both at primary and grammar school, don't remember him being quite so obnoxious in those days although he was always 'outspoken'.
  • what secondary mate?
  • st joseph's academy on belmont hill or holy joe's jailhouse as we knew it then
  • oh right,thought might be my brothers school st austins,those blazers stonemuse.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]oh right,thought might be my brothers school st austins,those blazers stonemuse.

tell me about it, at least in 6th form we got black ones

both my brother's were at st austins
  • primary school was our lady of grace, that's why scally says he went to school in charlton
  • my brothers are 42 and 44.
  • edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: kentisblueandwhite[/cite]Bingaddick/Scoham,

Charlton is not in Kent. It may once have been a long time ago, but it hasn't been for at least 100 years. The whole reason why Gills fans have been getting pissed off with CAFC is because of the continual and ridiculous assertion that a club in spitting distance of the Blackwall Tunnel and Millienium Dome is in Kent. This is something that your board has pursued purely as a marketing ploy in order to attract new fans.

Yes you are affiliated to the Kent FA (as are Millwall) but that is only because there is no London FA.

Charlton were not even formed as a club until 1905 and so it wasn't even formed until after the Victorian boundary changes had taken place. West Ham aren't an Essex club, Spurs aren't a Hertfordshire club, QPR isn''t a Middlesex club and Charlton isn't a Kent club. If you follow your logic then there possibly aren't any London clubs at all. Its debatable really if Abbeywood, Erith or Welling can truly be classed as being in Kent anymore.

No shame in being a London club. Apart from the obvious marketing thing I really can't see why you lot are so keen to be a kent club. It makes no sense to me.

I completely disagree with you and Scally. This is a ludicrous argument you are putting forward. History defines us. Charlton is historically both a Kent club and a London club that is a fact. Do you understand mate? A FACT.

I was born in Bromley in 1959 when Bromley was still part of KCC. Do I come from Kent or London? My great great grandfather was born at Blackheath in 1867, does that make my family history mean that we are Londoners or Kentish? I will not let my history be re-written, especially by a bloke who lives in Dubai and has jumped conveniently into a Kentish club when he actually supports The Spanners.
  • I'm glad our board are too intelligent to respond publicly to Scally's non-issue.
    Let him continue to p1ss in the wind.

Charlton for me has always been a London club. Period.
    However Kent is our back garden and I daresay we have always had a significant fanbase in North Kent.
    The fact that the railway that passes through Charlton station continues directly through North Kent to Gillingham and ultimately Ramsgate must have made it not too inconvenient for our Kent supporters historically.

The rest of Kent is fair game as far as recruiting support is concerned; and that applies to Charlton, Gilligham or any other club.
    If nobody chooses Gillingham that's their tough luck.

It's the emotive word "stealing" that rankles with Charlton fans.
    That argument doesn't bear scrutiny; but as I say, I'm glad our board hasn't risen to the bait and given the Scallywag the oxygen of publicity for his childish drivel.
  • he's a dick because man united run coaches from medway. and when i was 13 millwall had a school of excellence in gillingham. i was speaking to a gills fan mate and he said don't worry 95% of gills fans think he's a cock too.
  • It's Scally's belief that as a Kent club, only he should have access to football supporters in Kent.

Despite the fact that it is a rubbish argument and, as has been noted elsewhere, both Charlton and Millwall have a lot of support in Kent, the fact remains that he has done nothing to take advantage of non-club affiliated football fans in Kent ... and even though he could still do something now, he doesn't.

All sour grapes from a man who wanted to own the Spanners but couldn't afford it ... not that he would have survived long there anyway with the way he treats fans.
  • edited October 2009
    Crystal Palace are a South London club with Croydon Surrey in its back garden. I would imagine Croydon and Croydon Athletic are fuming that the Glaziers have the pick of Croydon's finest rather than going to see them!!
  • Bingaddick - what the F**K has Bromley got to do with the Charlton argument. Bromley and Beckenham are still classed as Kent to this day and still have a kent postcode rather than a London one. Charlton has a London postcode and was taken out of Kent long before Charlton were even formed as a club. Millwall have just as much claim to being a kent club as Charlton if you follow your terms but they don't go around claiming to be from Kent do they. You my friend may still be a Kentishman who was born in Bromely, Kent but that does not make Charlton in London SE7 part of Kent. You are comapriong apples with pairs my old china plate.
  • Of course the huge irony is that Scally lives in Kent and supports a South London club......
  • Sponsored links:

• You aint wrong there - he is worried about a London Club stealing Kent fans while he is a Londoner who stole a Kent club for £1 and has milked it for millions in personal gain over the years!
  • We should have wound him up by singing, "Live round the corner, we only live round the corner"
  • How do you 'steal' a fan?
  • edited October 2009
    Boundaries and shmoundaries. In simple terms Paul Scally is a knob- couldn't give a rats penis what this barclay hunt has to say about anything- END OF! Had barely heard of Gillingham before saturday anyway. ;o)
  • You start up a Valley Express coach service, park it outside Priestfield & wait for it to fill up with Gillingham fans apparently - simples!!
  • Gillingham fans????? que???
  • [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]You start up a Valley Express coach service, park it outside Priestfield & wait for it to fill up with Gillingham fans apparently - simples!!

That was in reply to Addickted "how do you steal a fan"

Sorry I forgot to do the quote bit :-(
  • I was just typing out loud, the concept of such a thing as "Gillingham fans" just amused me!
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]I was just typing out loud, the concept of such a thing as "Gillingham fans" just amused me!

There aren't any are there, didn't we steal them all ? ;-)
  • edited October 2009
    Kibaw, you can't have it both ways. Both Charlton and Bromley are in historical Kent. Due to reorganisations of local government administration, one in 1889 and the other in 1964, both were placed in London. Charlton addresses kept the description Kent until London post codes were introduced. Bromley addresses have been allowed, as a sop to those who opposed in at the time, to continue to use Kent in their address. You're just trying to wriggle out of it because you don't like the truth which you deny. Charlton is a Kentish Town which for reasons local government reorganisation finds itself in the London Borough of Greenwich, Bromley is also a Kentish town which now finds itself in London Borough of Bromley. There is no difference it's just that one happened before the other.