Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• Options
     Thought you might appreciate this Linc's Glad to see another Eric fan on here.
  • Options
    ^^^^ I love his early stuff .. 461 O B is my fav E C album .. only ever saw him live with John Mayall and then Cream, one of the VERY best bands of all time, including of course the neglected and underrated late Jack Bruce and the wonderful, mystic lyrics of Peter Brown
  • Options
    999,one of the first generation punk bands. Forgotten how good they were. I know they still gig - checked and they play Hope and Anchor at the end of April. If lockdown is over by then it will be a good way to celebrate. Remember in 77 at Charlton I saw another punk with a bus ticket stuck to his leather jacket, Thought it was a sort of joke then saw the ticket had 999 on it - and thought nice one! (seventies speak for "cool")
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    999,one of the first generation punk bands. Forgotten how good they were. I know they still gig - checked and they play Hope and Anchor at the end of April. If lockdown is over by then it will be a good way to celebrate. Remember in 77 at Charlton I saw another punk with a bus ticket stuck to his leather jacket, Thought it was a sort of joke then saw the ticket had 999 on it - and thought nice one! (seventies speak for "cool")

one of the more 'melodic' punk bands .. BUT the chance of the lockdown being over by late April is about as likely as polar bears being spotted in the Sahara .. 
  • Options
    Great live band, saw them a few times at the Bridge House in Canning Town and elsewhere. Still have a few 12” coloured discs of theirs in the garage. 

I’m Alive!
  • Options
    Norman Jay - Good times.... @ home

https://m.mixcloud.com/sohoradio/norman-jay-mbe-good-times-at-home-22032020/

Keep your pecker up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For anyone interested, Tim Burgess has been doing Twitter listening parties of classic indie albums every night at 10. live tweeting with members of the band who's album is playing and talking about the songs, making the album etc, been some good ones including The Charlatans, Oasis, Ride, Blur with Suede, James, Slowdive, Chemical Brothers lined up.
  • Options
    Cock Sparrer - they do really nice cynical version of the Stones' "we love you'. Didn't realise they formed as early as 72 though.
  • Options
    I loved the rawness of this and In the City. I'm pretty sure they themselves didn't like it though.

Been listening to Little Bo Bitch (aka Lonely Boys). Saw them a few times at the Marquee
  • Options
    I loved the rawness of this and In the City. I'm pretty sure they themselves didn't like it though.

Been listening to Little Bo Bitch (aka Lonely Boys). Saw them a few times at the Marquee
    I was just doing the finishing touches to out new kitchen and found meself standing there, staring out the window and thinking about the mess the planets in and this song came straight in my mind. Wacked it on and had a couple of hours of random Weller / SC / The Jam. Things ain't all bad....
  • Options
    Bob Dylan - Desire
  • Options

I was just doing the finishing touches to out new kitchen and found meself standing there, staring out the window and thinking about the mess the planets in and this song came straight in my mind. Wacked it on and had a couple of hours of random Weller / SC / The Jam. Things ain't all bad....
    Life from a Window!

I used to play Here Comes the weekend loud every Friday night. I suppose all we had to worry about then was nuclear war with the Soviet Union!
  • Options

Life from a Window!

I used to play Here Comes the weekend loud every Friday night. I suppose all we had to worry about then was nuclear war with the Soviet Union!
    Life From a Window is probably my favourite Jam track. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Life from a Window!

Mine is Man In The Cornershop, even though mine weren't on the corner
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Life from a Window!

The Butterfly Collector , for me , a masterpiece. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Life from a Window!

All Around the World for me - my musical taste is very basic, I like it fast and raw. Pretty much lost interest in the Jam after All Mod Cons.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Life from a Window!

All Around the World for me - my musical taste is very basic, I like it fast and raw. Pretty much lost interest in the Jam after All Mod Cons.
    All Mod Cons probably my favourite album
  • Options
    Fountains of Wayne.

RIP Adam Schlesinger.
  • Options
    Have had the radio on at home far more usual, don't think I'd ever heard Head over heels by Tears for Fears before. Great track. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    The Sugarcubes but really oggling at Bjork, that incredible, striking and beautiful face and such a wonderful voice. I dun arf fancy her.

Cue someone posting dodgy pic!

https://youtu.be/BFQPNApwJGU
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    The band 'Sorry' and their new album 925, particularly like the opener 'Right Round the Clock' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiBTA5BCl1Y