Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northwich Away on ITV, Sunday 8th 1.30pm !!!

Comments

• Options
    It's not just this being on a Sunday, it's a nause up that always happens when we're on tele. Bloody 5.15 Saturday kick offs??? Saturday 12.00 kick offs???

I wasn't going to this anyway as I've been to plenty of pisshole grounds and am not overly bothered about going to more of them in the north of the land. Especially after just reading the moaning about standing up etc.

Not only that, I have already shelled out for Valuev v Haye and will be having a session for that and in no state to spend 3/4 hours travelling ooop north for the opportunity to watch us potentially get done over in a no-win cup game.

Bleurgh!
  • Options
    Thanks Airman
    I was worried more about having to get to the ground super early to get a ticket, but if they will just allocate more terracing in the, frankly unlikely, situation that we need it then that's cool I suppose.
    Shame it won't count on our away ticket points though! Maybe Northwich can note my red card number and give Charlton a bell on the Monday?:)
  • Options
    MoG _ Yes I was joking!

I typed it in BBCode
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]Thanks Airman
    I was worried more about having to get to the ground super early to get a ticket, but if they will just allocate more terracing in the, frankly unlikely, situation that we need it then that's cool I suppose.
    Shame it won't count on our away ticket points though! Maybe Northwich can note my red card number and give Charlton a bell on the Monday?:)

The problem is though is it seems they sell tickets from a Box Office (hut) and not directly at the turnstiles. Now if 750 of us all turned up between say 12.45pm and kick-off time at 1.30pm would they be able to sell them that fast ? Would some people end up missing kick-off ? What if there were a big problem on the roads and we all turned up just ten minutes from kick-off ? We know they wouldn't delay it with it being on TV. I just can't see why IF we could sell more in advance we havn't got the chance to do so, even if it were only an extra 250, it's just 250 less you have to worry about. Any surplus could be returned to NV on the day before when the team travel up couldn't they ?
  • Options
    your views on the haye fight carter?
  • Options
    Right, just checked with the missus and she says she made it quite clear that we were Cahrlton fans and that we wanted one of the 750 tickets being held back at NV for the away end, so seems there may be a postal option available via NV if you're that desperate to get hold of one in advance and can't get to SE7.
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]

Just keep hold of you ticket stub. In the unlikely event you need to prove what a loyal supporter you've been in order to get play-off tickets or something you can present it to the club as evidence. Used to do this all the time in the days before I had a season ticket.
  • Options
    We have some friends that live in Northwich. Does anyone( Airman) know whether they can get away tickets from the ground in advance for us?
  • Options
    It'll be very interesting to see how long it takes to sell 500 tickets from The Valley next week, given some of the comments on this thread.
    I'm certain if the club had taken all the tickets, this forum would have been full of complaints that people were being asked to go down The Valley to get them. If we'd taken more, the worry would be that there wouldn't be enough on the day.
    Perhaps we're right, perhaps we should have asked for a few more, but we'll have a chance to look at it again if there turns out to be a big queue at The Valley on Monday morning. I'd be surprised.
  • Options
    I'm off to the valley with my sleeping bag to make sure I get a ticket on Monday, what a stupid system.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]your views on the haye fight carter?

Right, he is capable of beating Valuev who is not a technically proficient boxer (not a world heavyweight champ anyway) but he is very, very hard to hit for obvious reasons. He can win a fight by the 8th round just by leaning and wearing down a smaller man. If Haye lets him do this he won't last until the tenth.

However if Haye does what anyone with his strengths should do, moves well, gets inside then out bloody quick and outworks Valuev he will take a probable split decision as the officials will be on the mutants side hugely and it will need a TKO (cannot see Haye doing that) or outrageously one sided bout to Haye for him to do it.

Haye to win after 12 on a split decision for me.

What do you reckon?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    really undecided,my worry for haye is that a mammoth jab get in hes way maybe even rocking him,hayes best chance is fast in out combos,leaving this one alone,very excited about it got a shed load of people who want to watch it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]If we'd taken more, the worry would be that there wouldn't be enough on the day.

Why would you not have been able to get the tickets back to Northwich in time for the game? You could send any tickets, still unsold tickets on the Thursady before the game, back to Northwich, for sale on the day, with a next day courier for about £30.
    [cite]Posted By: Jpb Junior[/cite]We have some friends that live in Northwich. Does anyone( Airman) know whether they can get away tickets from the ground in advance for us?

Yes you can, I'm buying mine en route to Carlisle on Friday afternoon.
  • Options
    For what it's worth ...
    ... if you can get a ticket in advance, do so - the comments about queueing at 1.25 to get a ticket at the ground are realistically pessimistic, because you're not going to be able to get there under your own steam all that early with such an early k.o. I'm travelling up from the south coast so I'll be leaving around 7 am - with ticket.
    ... the other disadvantage of 'on the day just before k.o.' is you could find yourself condemned to standing behind the goal, pretty much at pitch level with next to no terracing (and no cover if it's raining). You need to get in and get a decent spot on the covered Danebank terrace which runs the full length of one side (see pic links elsewhere). You'll get allocated anything up to half of this depending on pre-sales. A full Danebank (3000 ish) should guarantee a good atmosphere.
    ... keep your fingers crossed we sort out the bar/catering under the Danebank because otherwise you might spend half the second half queuing for a half-time pint.
    ... really really easy to get to via M6/A556 though parking can be a bit of a problem due to the location of the ground - hardly any nearby side streets etc. Expect a bit of a delay getting back out of the bottleneck.
    ... as has been said already, public transport and mid-Cheshire don't really belong in the same sentence, especially with our out-of-town location. Good luck if you are trying to get there by train!
    ... I'm sure someone at our end could arrange for tickets to be reserved etc over the phone or whatever for pick up on the day - but remember we are quite a small outfit staff-wise and they might be a bit stretched on the day, and you'd be wandering around trying to find who to pick them up from at a strange ground. Our Chairman was helping out with the beer and burgers v FCUM, apparently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dorsetgreen[/cite]Our Chairman was helping out with the beer and burgers v FCUM, apparently.

brilliant if true!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]If we'd taken more, the worry would be that there wouldn't be enough on the day.

Why would you not have been able to get the tickets back to Northwich in time for the game? You could send any tickets, still unsold tickets on the Thursady before the game, back to Northwich, for sale on the day, with a next day courier for about £30.

Because then the complaint would have been that it is unfair on people unable to get to The Valley in midweek, who would not get a chance to buy a ticket at all if they all sell out to those who can.

People panic, either way. We understand that, but we also have to look at the available evidence.

The assumption that lies under a lot of these postings is that despite this match being live on free TV and kicking off at 1.30pm on a Sunday, we are going to take two or three times the number of fans who travelled to Hartlepool, Tranmere or Carlisle, which were/are all 3pm kick-offs on a Saturday, with no TV coverage. Moreover we are going to sell more than the total sale for each of these games over the counter at The Valley in one week.

I'm sure if we sell anything like 500 tickets on Monday, we'll look at it again. If we don't, I can't really see what people are worried about. Either the demand isn't there or people can't get down there to buy them and in either case having more tickets on hand in Charlton achieves nothing.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Still think £20 for the coach is a bit steep, was £20 for Tranmere, and considering Northwich is less away than Tranmere was, the coach should of been like £16-£17 :P
  • Options
    you going
  • Options
    Maybe, depends on funds really
  • Options
    Tranmere's only about 20 miles further up the road from us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dorsetgreen[/cite]Tranmere's only about 20 miles further up the road from us

there you go Nathan, should be about £17.95

Charlton don't half take the piss sometimes ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just a thought, but aren't the U18's playing the Gills in the Youth Cup at The Valley on Tues night ? Wondered whether that might help some people who can't make it to the ground on Monday.....ie presumably the Box Office will be open later than usual for a weekday.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dorsetgreen[/cite]Our Chairman was helping out with the beer and burgers v FCUM, apparently.

brilliant if true!

I also heard our chairman was sending our supporters tour bus down to The Valley to give you guys a lift up. Holds 50 so I've been told.

Check it out!
  • Options
    Brilliant !
    ;-)
    The Valley is 4 miles East of Peckham Mr Driver...........
  • Options
    Vics ticket office open at the following times:

Friday 30th Oct: 3pm-6pm
    Saturday 31st Oct: 11am-5pm
    Monday 2nd Nov: 9:30am-6pm
    Tuesday 3rd Nov: 9:30am-6pm
    Wednesday 4th Nov: 9:30am-6pm
    Thursday 5th Nov: 9:30am-8pm
    Friday 6th Nov: 9:30am-8pm
    Saturday 7th Nov: 10am-4pm
    Sunday 8th Nov: 10am-Kickoff (Subject to Availability)

I've highlighted Saturday, when you are on the road to Carlisle. Maybe worth phoning ahead to check whether away tickets can be sold here or not, but it's a great opportunity if they can.
  • Options
    Mr Tricker. If we have terrace places behind the goal and on the DaneBank can you move between the two ? What are the chances that the advance terrace tickets we are being sent (250) are for behind the goal only ?

Alernatively does Mr Airman know if the advance terrace tickets are for the DaneBank or behind the goal.

Thankyou.

PS Is it ok to sit on the terraces ??
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Behind the goal and the Dane Bank are both accessable from each other. There's no physical barrier between the two, although stewards/police can restrict movement between both if they needed to. It doesn't usually happen. The terrace behind the goal is a one stepped flat affair. Be at the front or be tall, it's the only choice. I've never known the away-end to be split into two and I doubt the ticketing will be. The away seating will be totally isolated however.

You can sit on the terraces if you like, but you'll get a cold arse from the concrete and won't see anything :)
  • Options
    Can someone from NV supporters club pick me up from the station, cheers.
  • Options
    Police, bus or train?
    if train, Northwich, Hartford, Lostock or Greenbank?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: dorsetgreen[/cite]Police, bus or train?
    How much for a cab from Hartford to the ground?

Edit: Do any buses go that way?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dorsetgreen[/cite]Police, bus or train?
    How much for a cab from Hartford to the ground?

Edit: Do any buses go that way?!

I bet there's 1 cab maximum in Hartford.