Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northwich Away on ITV, Sunday 8th 1.30pm !!!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Genesis[/cite]165 - are you lot 'homesters' ? Don't you travel well - do you need to take Quells before you set off ?
    I want some good banter off you lot on Sunday - if you are bothered about the weather, I could lend you a green and white scarf !!
    If not many of you turn up I fear the encounter could be a bit one-sided - get behind your team!!![/quote]

To add to AFKA's comments the practicality of getting to Northwich for a 1.30 PM KO on a Sunday means setting off at ridiculously early o'clock if you are going by train and not that much later by car/coach.[/quote]

Rubbish Black Forest Gateaux! we're on the 844 from Euston & we're there by midday! If people don't want to go fair enough but don't talk crap about having to get up early.
  • Options
    8.44 from Euston means starting out a lot earlier unless you live in North London, which includes me out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] i'm sure it is disappointing for you guys, but the simple truth is the minute the words 'Sunday, 1pm, on the telly' were announced, about 1,500 changed there minds.

Exactly. If it was saturday i know a few that would've gone but are now going to be watching it down the pub.
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Genesis[/cite]165 - are you lot 'homesters' ? Don't you travel well - do you need to take Quells before you set off ?
    I want some good banter off you lot on Sunday - if you are bothered about the weather, I could lend you a green and white scarf !!
    If not many of you turn up I fear the encounter could be a bit one-sided - get behind your team!!!

To add to AFKA's comments the practicality of getting to Northwich for a 1.30 PM KO on a Sunday means setting off at ridiculously early o'clock if you are going by train and not that much later by car/coach.

Rubbish Black Forest Gateaux! we're on the 844 from Euston & we're there by midday! If people don't want to go fair enough but don't talk crap about having to get up early.

The 8.44 at Euston means getting a train from Sidcup/Bexleyheath area about half 7 and that's if there aren't engineering works. I don't know what world you live in when getting up before 7am on a sunday isn't classed as early.
  • Options
    Stop shouting will probably be dossing in Euston on saturday night somewhere
  • Options
    You have to feel for some of us who have to get trains from kings cross at 7:15 for work...

I'm a bit surprised that so many people aren't feeling the romance of the cup!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I'm a bit surprised that so many people aren't feeling the romance of the cup!

me too to be honest, even though I have the excuse of being an "exile", my train leaves at 7.50am so that means leaving my flat by 7.15
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]i'm sure it is disappointing for you guys, but the simple truth is the minute the words 'Sunday, 1pm, on the telly' were announced, about 1,500 changed there minds.[/quote]

Exactly. If it was saturday i know a few that would've gone but are now going to be watching it down the pub.

[quote][cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Genesis[/cite]165 - are you lot 'homesters' ? Don't you travel well - do you need to take Quells before you set off ?
    If not many of you turn up I fear the encounter could be a bit one-sided - get behind your team!!![/quote]

To add to AFKA's comments the practicality of getting to Northwich for a 1.30 PM KO on a Sunday means setting off at ridiculously early o'clock if you are going by train and not that much later by car/coach.[/quote]

Rubbish Black Forest Gateaux! we're on the 844 from Euston & we're there by midday! If people don't want to go fair enough but don't talk crap about having to get up early.[/quote]

The 8.44 at Euston means getting a train from Sidcup/Bexleyheath area about half 7 and that's if there aren't engineering works. I don't know what world you live in when getting up before 7am on a sunday isn't classed as early.[/quote]+

I live in a world very close to you Chris as I will be getting a train from Sidcup about 730 unless I doss at Euston overnight as Shag suggests! The old saying "everyone comes out for the cup" appears lost on us for this one.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i think there are coaches running too

i think there may be a coach running up there too
  • Options
    how much does each club get from ITV?

they (NV) would've probably been better off financially drawing tooting and mitcham or sutton utd.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]how much does each club get from ITV?

they (NV) would've probably been better off financially drawing tooting and mitcham or sutton utd.
    They will get more from ITV than a full house would have brought.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

£69,000 i think
  • Options

From memory the sum was around £50,000. I'm not sure if that's still the case.
  • Options
    67,500 each. was stated up in the thread earlier, or one of them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]67,500 each. was stated up in the thread earlier, or one of them.

So they won't gain as much as they would like as they've lost 1500 Charlton at £14 = £21,000.Plus will they lose any "home" support ?

PS We probably had about 5 going who are not now.
  • Options
    Just thought, we will probably have a lot of reserves playing, as many of the first team are looking tired / injured and we have to play 6 of them against Soton.

We need them rested and fit for MK Dons.
  • Options
    188 after tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]i'm sure it is disappointing for you guys, but the simple truth is the minute the words 'Sunday, 1pm, on the telly' were announced, about 1,500 changed there minds.

I am one of the 1,500 who changed their minds.
    Was more that interested in making the trip. But Sunday, at 1pm, drinking and getting back late on a school night is the worst time in the world for a football game. Doubled with the being on telly, nice warm pub it is for me :-)
  • Options
    Northwich 195
    JPT 344
  • Options
    how many for Yeovil I wonder.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Yeovil 835. Pretty confident this one will go to general sale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    tbh 3,350 Gillingham, nearly 700 Carlisle, 500 Northwich (Sun on box), 500 Saints (Wed on box in Paint Pot) and probably over 1,000 at Yeovil all in the space of a couple of weeks ain't bad. We had trouble convincing clubs to open turnstiles for our away support last season.