Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Northwich Away on ITV, Sunday 8th 1.30pm !!!

Comments

• Video highlights of our FA Cup 4th Qualifying win against FCUoM at The Victoria Stadium.

• Hartford station info - If any of you are still venturing north using the victorian railway system (we still run steam trains up here!):
    The Coachman pub is directly opposite the station - one of the two chaps who runs the pub also has his own taxi business(mini buses). I am sure if you contacted him, you could have a leisurely drink in the pub and then he could ferry you to the ground - his name is Mike Whitaker, pub phone no: 01606 871359 (- he was a good local footballer, but could bore you about the red part of Manchester!).
  • Hey ..... we've got 5 Trickers on line right now.
  • [cite]Posted By: Genesis[/cite]Hartford station info - If any of you are still venturing north using the victorian railway system (we still run steam trains up here!):
    The Coachman pub is directly opposite the station - one of the two chaps who runs the pub also has his own taxi business(mini buses). I am sure if you contacted him, you could have a leisurely drink in the pub and then he could ferry you to the ground - his name is Mike Whitaker, pub phone no: 01606 871359 (- he was a good local footballer, but could bore you about the red part of Manchester!).

great bit of info mate, cheers
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Hey ..... we've got 5 Trickers on line right now.

up for the cup these lads!
  • The commercial centre will be open until 7pm on Tuesday.
  • I will go if the coach is priced at £17.20
  • anyone know what time the ticket office is open to today, cant get on OS to have a look
  • edited November 2009
    5pm - we sold 97 tickets in the first two hours this morning
  • reckon Saturday's result and performance may have put a dampener on things. Reckon mine was one of the 97 though.
  • Sponsored links:

• It would be decent if you could collect your ticket on the coach instead of having to queue up before the game with 500 or so other fans.
  • Just been down to get mine, it's not as if people are beating the Valley gates down to get tickets. (In fact, they were more worried about a power surge that just happened there...)
  • Personally though as someone who lives in the midlands, it's impossible for me to get to the Valley this week, and so I'm going to have to run the risk that there'll still be tickets before the game. Admittedly it's a very small risk that there won't be, but I will be severely pissed off if I drive the hour or so to the ground and am not able to get in.

Why did we have to wait until today to sell the tickets? Could they not have gone on sale on Friday, and if they needed to be posted and the club was worried about the strikes, stop posting them today, as they did with the Carlisle tickets? As others have said, it sometimes seems like the club is making it unnecessarily difficult for some fans!
  • From the information I have we were not due to get the tickets until first thing this morning. In fact, over the weekend I queried whether it was wise to say they might not be available first thing in case they didn't turn up, but evidently they did.

I wouldn't want a ticket I was buying for Saturday - therefore needing to arrive by Friday, when I believe there is a strike - put in the post today.

As I've said before, whatever the club did would be wrong for some people. We'd sold 150 by 3pm - that's 30 an hour. So much for the stampede.

I'm happy to have a look at whether we can put tickets on the coaches for collection, because actually we want to help if we can.
  • Fair enough Airman, thanks for the reply. I know that we are dealing with a non league team who naturally won't be as efficient as yourselves but it does seem a little strange that tickets only go on sale 6 days before the game, and only to personal callers. Yes there are strange circumstances and truth be told I didn't actually know there was a postal strike Friday, but considering the draw was made 7 days ago and timing confirmed last Wednesday I think, it does make it a little difficult....
  • edited November 2009
    To be fair, I don't think we can be blamed much (this time), non-league "efficiency" or not. There wasn't much time this year between rounds, and as you say, it took ITV till midweek to get its act together, and then the tickets had to find their way into the deep south through various postal strike obstacles. I suspect it won't be a sell-out though.
  • We've sold 165 today.
  • 165 - are you lot 'homesters' ? Don't you travel well - do you need to take Quells before you set off ?
    I want some good banter off you lot on Sunday - if you are bothered about the weather, I could lend you a green and white scarf !!
    If not many of you turn up I fear the encounter could be a bit one-sided - get behind your team!!!
  • there be 800 up there i reckon mate,not bad for a team fans who have just done carlisle and gillingham and a early start on a sunday.
  • Genesis,

i'm sure it is disappointing for you guys, but the simple truth is the minute the words 'Sunday, 1pm, on the telly' were announced, about 1,500 changed there minds.

Sad that telly dominates, but that's just the way it is. Be it playing football sunday morning, or public transport, or having a family etc, its a lot harder travelling the length of the country on a sunday. They'll still be 400-500 or so that do it (which i actually think would be excellent in the circumstances), but the majority that would have done this one will be sitting back on the sofa or munching on over-salted roast spuds and cheese and biscuits off the bar.

Hope you make a few quid for the day, but it sadly won't be boosted by Charlton fans en masse.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]They'll still be 400-500 or so that do it

really that low do you think?

Sold 150 of initial 500 on Day 1 with personal callers only

I think we'll take 500 "ticketless" alone
  • Have to agree with AFKA
  • One train every two and a half hours on a Sunday, wasn't it? That's not going to be helping either.
  • edited November 2009
    Our soon-to-be-revamped official website now has an e-ticket facility up and running if that's any help. NVFC official site

You can also grab yourself a souvenir match poster from the site as a memory of your big day. ;)
  • Now sold 172 . . . maybe a few more tonight, but at this point it doesn't look as if we will sell the 500 in advance.
  • well it is nearly christmas.....
  • seven sold today,going like hot cakes
  • Coach booked without ticket. I hope the queues aren't too big as it's a long way to travel to miss the kick off/drinking time.
  • [cite]Posted By: Genesis[/cite]165 - are you lot 'homesters' ? Don't you travel well - do you need to take Quells before you set off ?
    I want some good banter off you lot on Sunday - if you are bothered about the weather, I could lend you a green and white scarf !!
    If not many of you turn up I fear the encounter could be a bit one-sided - get behind your team!!!

This is one of 4 consecutive away games.
    2 of the others are/were Yeovil and Carlisle
    It's a big ask to do that, plus it being on TV and all the sunday travelling difficulties.
  • [cite]Posted By: Genesis[/cite]165 - are you lot 'homesters' ? Don't you travel well - do you need to take Quells before you set off ?

To add to AFKA's comments the practicality of getting to Northwich for a 1.30 PM KO on a Sunday means setting off at ridiculously early o'clock if you are going by train and not that much later by car/coach.