Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More loanees on their way? **ENGLAND YOUTH INTERNATIONAL OMOZUSI JOINS**

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2009
    What ISaw said.

The point about Dickson and Mooney may, or may not, be fair a fair one since we don't seem to have a concrete idea of excatly what has gone on behind the scenes on that one, but I think it's fairly well accepted now that you won't get the happy and contented squad Golfie is talking about with Moots in it.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Who is that young defender who played for us pre-season Clark???

He is a defender
    Left footed left back.

Stavrinou has played there the odd time and used to be a centre back when he was younger.

Carl Jenkinson in the u18s has looked a decent right back but he's not even got a squad number yet so I doubt he'd be seriously considered.

Much more likely we'll see Youga or Semedo there with Basey or Spring coming into the team. Dailly unlikely to play there I'd think.
  • Options
    Moritz Volz is a free agent!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Moritz Volz is a free agent!
    See him cycle down the Fulham road
    His German sausage in his hand
    He plays football but he hardly ever scores
    He dreams of Knight Rider and ze fatherland
    Ja, Ja, he is an alien, a humorous Westphalien
    He's a German man in West London

http://www.volzy.com
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Moritz Volz is a free agent!

You mean Voltz hasn't a current club?

(here we go again ...)
  • Options
    watt a travesty eh oggy?
  • Options
    Yeah, Shocking!

And with his electric pace as well ......
  • Options
    Alright,Alright i can tell Volz isn't a popular player so i have searched all the current championship teams in hope to find some spare right backs
    All i could find were:
    Jordan Parks: Watford right back or left back right footed http://www.watfordfc.com/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10400~37508,00.html

Miguel Comminges: Spare right back same plays for the same national side as Racon http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=175168
  • Options
    I heard Bob Curtis is ready to make a comeback
  • Options
    We need someone to cover at right back? And we're short of goalkeeping options for the Cup? There's only one option... :o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parky on the injuries : ''You need to have contingency plans ready for situations like this.''

But we don't, do we? The only 'contigency plan' is to ring up his mates in management postions at other clubs and ask who they've got hanging around their training ground or is just coming back from injury and needs some gentle match practice...

Fair enough. But you can hardly call that having a plan ''ready'' !
  • Options
    Someone like Andy Griffin, who's looking for a loan move, would be ideal, but i doubt we could afford him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Parky on the injuries : ''You need to have contingency plans ready for situations like this.''

But we don't, do we? The only 'contigency plan' is to ring up his mates in management postions at other clubs and ask who they've got hanging around their training ground or is just coming back from injury and needs some gentle match practice...

we haven't bought a player since August 2008

Parkinson has spent £0 in Transfer fees since taking over... what do people want?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]

we haven't bought a player since August 2008

Parkinson has spent £0 in Transfer fees since taking over... what do people want?

A good moan ....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Parky on the injuries : ''You need to have contingency plans ready for situations like this.''

What should he have done then?
  • Options
    Actually, I think Volz would be a decent shout. Trouble is he's not exactly going to be match fit.
  • Options
    yes he is ready.

Read the reports and it clearly states that he has already watched Ikeme play for Wolves ressies and knows his strenghts.

So quite likely that he and the other scouts have in the same way watched other players for other positions.

Add to that the contingency of moving other players and there is a lot more than jusr ringing up his mates.

Your prejudice against PP is preventing you from even considering the clear counter evidence put before you so eager are you to slag PP off.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Henry Irving said : ''Your prejudice against PP is preventing you from even considering the clear counter evidence put before you so eager are you to slag PP off. ''

Sorry, that's ridiculous. It's the first criticism I've made of the bloke all season! You read the site so you know full well that I've been defending him against his detractors this season.

Felt he should not have got the job last season, and would probably have got rid of him in the summer.But very early on this season I admitted that he had shown tremendous character and had surprised me with the team spirit he had created.And I've been defending and supporting him ever since.

So I think you owe me an apology.

on edit: if you had accused me of ''prejudice'' against loan signings, I would have seriously have had to consider whether that was a justified criticism. I think I probably am (although I'd also argue it's a prejudice well-founded as 90 per cent of them have really done us no favours). But to argue that I am prejudiced against Parkinson and ''eager to slag him off'' , given the positive attitude I''ve had towards him this season, is just preposterous beyond words.
  • Options
    Nigel, sit down and pour yourself a glass of wine.

;o)
  • Options
    Good advice and already done, Oggy. A very nice Australian shiraz and feeling better already. Injustice always raises my hackles. But now I''m seeing red of a different, mellower kind ... in my glass!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely Semedo can do a job there?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Surely Semedo can do a job there?

I'd be reluctant to take him out of the midfield and would rather play youga on his wrong side tbh
  • Options
    Shame about Solly, would have liked him to get a little run.

Reckon Semedo could be the answer, as

a) in his brief cameos there he's probably been the best right back that I've seen at Charlton post-Young (and there have been lots and lots)
    b) it will push us into a more attacking line-up
    c) Racon/Bailey can do the holding role pretty comfortably

No problem if we do go down the loan road, but as ever it needs to be the correct one - and we've struggled with that in the past.
  • Options
    cant we ask man utd if they have anyone? didn't we have some sort of agreement with them when they signed that youngster from us?
  • Options
    From the sounds of it Richardson's injury isn't that serious, possibly only a 1 week thing so why would we get a loan in? Add in the fact I doubt they'd be allowed to play in the cup, plus the impact that having an unfamiliar player in the team could have and I think any loan would be a short-sighted poor move.

Imo putting Semedo right back, Bailey in the middle and Basey left midfield would be much better.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]cant we ask man utd if they have anyone? didn't we have some sort of agreement with them when they signed that youngster from us?
    Don't think anyone really knows the details of that deal (it was Sean McGinty).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]cant we ask man utd if they have anyone? didn't we have some sort of agreement with them when they signed that youngster from us?
    Don't think anyone really knows the details of that deal (it was Sean McGinty).

probably be as productive as the tie up with inter.
  • Options
    Or Valencia
  • Options
    So lets clear this up, we need a right back who
    1, wont command a lot of money
    2, would be committed to the cause
    3, has plenty of experience
    4, aint just here to get fit.

You busy the weekend Oggy?
    ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

You busy the weekend Oggy?
    ;)

Ha ha ..... I think I'm more than just a bit past my sell by date these days.

Although I could cut up the oranges. And scream abuse at the ref.