Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More loanees on their way? **ENGLAND YOUTH INTERNATIONAL OMOZUSI JOINS**

Comments

• Options
    Posted By: Oggy Red

Although I could cut up the oranges. And scream abuse at the ref.

Leave it out, Oggy - that's my job ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]cant we ask man utd if they have anyone? didn't we have some sort of agreement with them when they signed that youngster from us?
    Don't think anyone really knows the details of that deal (it was Sean McGinty).

probably be as productive as the tie up with inter.

I'd be happy if he becomes a decent player and we get a bit of money for any appearances he makes for Man Utd and Ireland. A bonus if we get him on loan to see him develop.

Man Utd players on loan though, that's bit no one knows about and it might well not even be an option anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]We need someone to cover at right back? And we're short of goalkeeping options for the Cup? There's only one option...:o)
    Byron? Now that's a middle name to be lumbered with.
  • Options
    we could try three at the back! 3-5-2 formation, bringing in basey at left mid, moving bailey back to centre-mid with racon and semedo. And basey could drop into left back if we start getting overrun......always a risky formation though, whether home or away, plus the left/right sided midfielders would normally have to do their fair share of defending.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Who is that young defender who played for us pre-season Clark???

He is a defender
    Left footed left back.

He is either a two footed full back or a right-footer playing on the left like Barness or Bowen. He's seemed a player comfortable on the ball but prone to the odd mistake against more canny forwards. He is unlikely to feature because he has not been on loan to get proper experience. Why I wonder?

Many of our better centre-backs have started off at full-back - Berry, Brown and Rufus come to mind, so a possible contender is Yado Mambo. I wouldn't like to be the winger or left-back that has the big man tearing down the wing at them.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2009
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=35043

Charlton have responded to injuries to Frazer Richardson and Chris Solly by snapping up England youth international Elliot Omozusi.

The right-back, who has trained with the Addicks throughout the week, has signed a deal at The Valley until December 1st.

Phil Parkinson made his move on Friday morning at the end of a week in which he learned that Richardson and Solly were both likely to miss Saturday's match against Carlisle United, and Omozusi will go straight into the squad for the game at Brunton Park.

"We've signed Elliot for an initial month because we were left without a recognised right-back," explained Parkinson.

"Elliot is a good young player, and he has impressed us this week, in training and in the reserve game against Dagenham & Redbridge on Tuesday."

Although technically recruited on a month's loan from Fulham, England U19 international Omozusi is out of contract at Craven Cottage.

"The situation is a bit complicated because Fulham still hold his registration, so it's not a normal loan," said Phil. "We've had to take him on a month contract, but we also have the option to make it permanent in January."

Omozusi has experience against the Addicks, having played against Charlton twice in the FA Cup last season.

He appeared at right-back in the Valley fixture in January, and was then at centre-half for the replay at Carrow Road later the same month, when Charlton won 1-0 to end a run of 18 games without a victory.

Omozusi made his debut for Fulham in the League Cup in September 2006, and played eight Premier League games for the Cottagers the following season.

He spent last term on loan with Norwich, making 24 appearances for the Canaries.

Richardson suffered a thigh injury in last weekend's match against Gillingham, while Solly will be sidelined for around three months following a knee operation the same day
  • Options
    Well like it or not he puts people in the position they are used to playing. No square pegs for round holes. IMO if they are loan signing so be it.
  • Options
    Somebody say something ......!!
  • Options
    Hmm curious move (are Fulham effectively freeing him in a similar way that Sheff Wed did with Deon?), but - to the debate yesterday - seems Parky did actually have a plan.
  • Options
    Is it Suzi or Zusi ? The O/S has it spelt 2 different ways. There's only 1 way to find out !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Hmm curious move (are Fulham effectively freeing him in a similar way that Sheff Wed did with Deon?), but - to the debate yesterday - seems Parky did actually have a plan.

Well i never i thought he would think the starting 11 would be the same throughout the season ;-)
  • Options
    Nice short term measure for the weekend till Richardson fit
  • Options
    Played twice for Norwich against us last season ........must have left an impression with Parky.

24 games in the CCC for Norwich last year, wonder why they didn't try to sign him as he would have been free.?
  • Options
    Won't be match fit for a while, I'm guessing.

Sheff U seem to have passed up on taking him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Somebody say something ......!!

OK, since you asked.

So more proof that rather than just "ringing his mates" Parky did and does have a contingency in place.

Trained with us all week, played in the reserve game, sounds like he could become a permanent transfer if we want/can afford it.

No idea if he any good mind but sound be worth plenty of "Omo-God" headlines.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Nice short term measure for the weekend till Richardson fit

We have option to make it a full signing in January if he impresses.
  • Options
    Not a bad signing as he's not just a loan but a potential free signing if he impresses.
    Would much rather a proper RB played there than us moving Youga across or Semedo back there.
  • Options
    Potentially good work by Parky I reckon
  • Options
    Apart from a silly first name seems like a good youth prospect who's maybe not lived up to the early promise.

Played in the Prem and the CCC, England U19 international, 20 years old, Hackney boy, likes getting forward but neither Norwich or Sheff Utd picked him up.

Personally I have decided he is rubbish and will slag him off at every opportunity while never giving him more than 5 in the ratings.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Nice short term measure for the weekend till Richardson fit
    Yeah this is ideal, he will hopefully be desperate to prove himself and win a contract, and if he's no good we can let him go.

It's a good chance for him really, if he helps us get promoted he could be playing in the Championship next season, something he probably wouldn't have got a chance to do this season.

If he's as good as he is in FM he'll be very useful, a full back that likes to get forward but decent defensively as well. Though if he is that good, I wonder why no one has signed him a few months into the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Played twice for Norwich against us last season ........must have left an impression with Parky.

24 games in the CCC for Norwich last year, wonder why they didn't try to sign him as he would have been free.?
    Fulham recalled him in Jan and he's been on trial in the CCC, so maybe he didn't want to commit to them. Maybe he had sex with the mother of a player there (this seems to be a standard reason for right back disputes)
  • Options
    Well, this is what Wiki says about him:

Elliot Junior U. Omozusi (born 15 December 1988) is an English professional footballer currently unattached. He plays as a defender, primarily at right back, but can also play in the centre. Despite being an England youth international, he is eligible to play for Nigeria.

Born in Hackney, London, he attended Homerton College of Technology school. Omozusi made his first team debut for Fulham in the FA Cup third round game against Leicester City on 6 January 2007. He plays in the defence but has the zeal for going forward and has a very high work rate. He was sent off in the game against Reading on 3 November 2007 after providing an assist for Fulham's second goal on only his second Premier League appearance for the club. On 3 December 2007 he started at right back against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

On 18 July 2008, Omozusi moved to Norwich City on a season long loan with Fulham having the option of recalling him in January 2009. Omozusi returned to Fulham from his loan spell at Norwich in January 2009. He is currently on trial with Sheffield United. [1]
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Henry Irving said :-

"OK, since you asked.

So more proof that rather than just "ringing his mates" Parky did and does have a contingency in place.

Trained with us all week, played in the reserve game, sounds like he could become a permanent transfer if we want/can afford it.

No idea if he any good mind but sound be worth plenty of "Omo-God" headlines. "

Well you say that Henry but I reckon PP rang Les Reed who tipped him off about one of his "old" Fulham boys :-)
  • Options
    If Les says he's good then that's good enough for me : - )
  • Options
    my boss, a Narwich season ticket holder, said he was 'ok, but only that' as he is alright going forward but can't defend for toffees. Even worse at centre-half apparently.
  • Options
    a good move though in my opinion. He's needed NOW but also allows us to rest Richardson from games in the JPT if necessary. If he impresses then everyone's a winner, except Solly maybe, if not then cheerio.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite] can't defend for toffees.

Didn't realise he had been on Everton's books ; - )
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]a good move though in my opinion. He's needed NOW but also allows us to rest Richardson from games in the JPT if necessary. If he impresses then everyone's a winner, except Solly maybe, if not then cheerio.

Agree, chance for him to show what he's made of and fills a gap for us in the short term.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]alright going forward but can't defend for toffees[/quote]

wasn't that people's criticism of Moo2?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So how many loanees are now in the squad for Carlisle - is it three?

Perhaps inevitable when we only have a small squad ( although the Huddersfield programme still managed to list 26 squad players - and that was without any of the loanees, even Mooney who came on in that game).

Has the numerical limit changed from last season ? Seem to recall at one time at the end of 2008 we had half a dozen of 'em and we were only legally allowed to name 4, or possibly 5 , in the 16.

Let's hope there are no more injuries to force us to dip any further into the 'shadow/contingency XI' Parkinson is allegedly maintaining at other clubs !
  • Options
    Am a little disappointed with this loan! Just felt we could have played Semedo or Youga there against Carlisle as by next week Richardson should be back and Omuzusi probably will not play again. From what I have seen Solly is seen as a potential first teamer so there is no reason why we would consider signing Omusizi in Jan especially with our limited funds (we would have to pay Fulham compensation as he is under 24? and his wages)