Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I have millwall tickets now!

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Hi everyone,

Just called ticket office re: Millwall game and they say i am not valid for a ticket, this has really annoyed me as this is because i did not have season ticket history from championship seasons which is cos i cant afford it anymore hence why i havent got one this year. i know this is not their problem, but did mention have been to 3 away games this season... colchester, orient & narwich but they do not have previous season tickets i have held which was 2005/2006 previous 2 years north upper and before that in the west upper for about 3-4 years

This is irritating but they did say only way i can get some is if Season Ticket holders can get me a couple of tickets, so if anyone is willing to vouch for me. i can assure you i am no trouble and supported charlton since i was 12(arsenal before lol)
Would be much appreciated please let me know and will arrrange payment etc or can meet before game and i will buy you a pint for your troubles

Also going brighton away now which cannot wait, should be a tough one but be good atmosphere :-)

Comments

• Options
    don't you have your old season ticket wallets from those seasons?
  • Options
    May have one or two, will have to check. do you think if i can find them then will be ok then?

Ohhh i really want to go to this one :-(
  • Options
    who did you go with before? do you not have any mates that are current season ticket holders?
  • Options
    i have a few actually just started to panick so started this thread, i will try razil suggestion and if all else fails have ring round of my mates who go

I just thought of that option funny enough, just seemed easier to post at first

But hold the thought everyone will come back if still no luck but should be fine i reckon! know prob over 10 season ticket holders who should defo get tickets, as long as they havent let them Scummy millwall supportes use them( i doubt they would)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]who did you go with before? do you not have any mates that are current season ticket holders?

Went with my cousin but i always bought da tickets and he gave me the money, but now he also cant afford it lol
  • Options
    One question...

are you Millwall in disguise?

;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]One question...

are you Millwall in disguise?

;)

Haha thought someone may say that in the words of someone(i forgot who lol) 'NO BLOODY WAY'
  • Options
    I think you may find ST holders are reluctant to take the risk unless you have credentials that will pass the clubs tests, as they risk being penalised.
  • Options
    I had similar problem this morning. Severe lack of common sense in that box office.
    They turned me down on my membership card because I didn't fulfil the criteria. This is probably because I buy tickets on the matchday without my card.
    I have season ticket history from 3/4/5/6 years ago so obviously I'm not Millwall but she just said her hands were tied.

I was severely pi$$ed off but have since got a ticket using a friends season ticket.

No chance of a sellout with this attitude.
  • Options
    I think you are bang out of order slagging off the ticket office staff for having "a severe lack of common sense".

The rules are in place and for a good reason. Glad to hear they are following them. No, there won't be a sell out which means we won't have Millwall all over the place which is the whole point.

Maybe if you'd used some common sense you'd have got one of your ST holding friends to get you a ticket in the first place so avoiding being "severely pissed off" for having to wait a few hours to get a ticket for game next month. Gawd, how terrible is that. : - (
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done to the club for strict rules. Woudnt want any Millwall in home ends. And if you're a charlton fan you should have enough friends who have season tickets to get you a ticket without any whingeing.
  • Options
    Henry although i agree to some extent, but i managed to talk my way a brighton ticket? basically criteria for that one was had to have gone to 2 games and they only had 1 on my record although i did actually go to 3 which im sure i purchased but did not have a record.

So therefore thought would be able to talk my round millwall and didnt work? fair play they are just doing there job but us quite frustrating especially as we have had season tickets just in this current climate cant afford to go to all home games, which ideally would want!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Well done to the club for strict rules. Woudnt want any Millwall in home ends. And if you're a charlton fan you should have enough friends who have season tickets to get you a ticket without any whingeing.

I will try that but it is still annoying that we cannot purchase them, also have to let them go through hassle of calling up and ordering tickets, its inconvieniant but again its my fault not their's so will deal with it!
  • Options
    I know a tame Millwall fan who was going to attend as part of a corporate package with a mixture of Charlton and Millwall fans.

The Club put a block on it and more power to their elbow. Millwall fans are like no other and we don't want them in the home areas.
  • Options
    Wasn't having a go at you Johnny.
  • Options
    I suppose a little common sense is needed.

Yes, it is right to have strict rules in place, but if someone is outside the 'criteria', but have season tickets from 3-5 years ago (which i am presuming will mean their details will be on the club computers), and have details of them attending games, away games etc this season, surely that should suffice ?
  • Options
    I know we don't want Millwall fans but surely anyone who has had a season ticket at some stage should be able to get one?

I would have thought ST holders would be more likely to get tickets for Millwall fans?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]I know we don't want Millwall fans but surely anyone who has had a season ticket at some stage should be able to get one?

I would have thought ST holders would be more likely to get tickets for Millwall fans?

Why?

You run the risk of having your season ticket confiscated!

I agree with you and AFKA re a bit of flexibility for "proven" former ST holders. I guess the potential problem is defining proven.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I suppose a little common sense is needed.

Yes, it is right to have strict rules in place, but if someone is outside the 'criteria', but have season tickets from 3-5 years ago (which i am presuming will mean their details will be on the club computers), and have details of them attending games, away games etc this season, surely that should suffice ?
    No. Bending the rules isn't right thing to do with this game. This one, terrible, awful set of dangerous, stupid and inflammatory "fans" means the rules have to be different and adhered to.

So what if we upset, delay or inconvenience some of our non season ticket holding fans?

It's right to have strict rules in place. But it's not right to criticise the staff for adhering to them.

And it's worth remembering that every fan who decided to support the club at the start of the season by buying a season ticket will be able to get in to this match.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Wasn't having a go at you Johnny.

I know mate, was just stating that feel bit weird how brighton cud talk my way a ticket and not millwall. that sed millwall is a higher risk game etc so understand it completely
    Also isnt brighton supposed to be a derby or bit of history aswell, not that anythings going to happen just thought wud be same criteria in a way

That sed my lunch in a minute and going to get on the blower to a few pals to get a couple of tickets so im sure i will be fine and this thread will be sunk then :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Airman Brown might be able to explain why ST holders from the Prem years are not included but it could be that they are not on the new-ish CRM system.

Or it could be that as we were always told that many of the Prem ST holders weren't "real" Charlton fans but fans of other clubs they are just the type of people who wouldn't care if tickets got into the hands of Millwall fans.

And as lapsed ST holders the club would have no sanction against them as it does against the current ST and members.

As Curb-it said, any Charlton fan will know some ST holders so should have no problem getting tickets.
  • Options
    Just because they already have tickets and have spares if they want. I don't have one and want the ticket for myself.
  • Options
    You're honestly saying you can't see a difference between getting a Brighton ticket and a millwall one? Really?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]You're honestly saying you can't see a difference between getting a Brighton ticket and a millwall one? Really?

not really was tongue in cheek comment really did state can understand it just trying to put a spin on things as brighton is sort of a derby but nothing like millwall agreed lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]You're honestly saying you can't see a difference between getting a Brighton ticket and a millwall one? Really?

not really was tongue in cheek comment really did state can understand it just trying to put a spin on things as brighton is sort of a derby but nothing like millwall agreed lol

Think you've just been found out. Your not Millwall, your Palace!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    We have put the people on the front line selling the tickets in a position where they have no discretion quite deliberately. It's not their fault. It avoids them making mistakes, problems occurring in the ground and them being held to account later. Discretion will be exercised by senior staff, where appropriate, but this will be a process and may involve people being called back.

Unfortunately, the computer records don't go back beyond about 2005 or 2006, but bear in mind this only affects people who haven't bought more than one advance ticket in the last two seasons or been a season-ticket holder in that time. Most 2006/07 season-ticket holders renewed in 2007/08 and would qualify on that basis.

We recognise that this process isn't 100 per cent perfect, that some people will be inconvenienced and miss out, and that some Millwall fans will slip through the net whatever we do, but we have a responsibility to our regular supporters.
  • Options
    This is ridiculous you would have thught the club would want to make more money being in debt. Never mind but i still maintian the fact that if you want a ticket they shoould just sell you one all these regulations are stupid and have put me off even bothering for the rest of the season im sooooooooooo pissed of with them why dont they want our money what is this clubs problem.
  • Options
    Rupert, are you aware we are playing Millwall??
  • Options
    wind up merchant.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]This is ridiculous you would have thught the club would want to make more money being in debt. Never mind but i still maintian the fact that if you want a ticket they shoould just sell you one all these regulations are stupid and have put me off even bothering for the rest of the season im sooooooooooo pissed of with them why dont they want our money what is this clubs problem.[/quote]

You're gonna get slaughtered............................