Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall tickets available to all season ticket holders

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
According to the Millwall website, tickets go on sale today (24th November) to Millwall season ticket holders.

No mention at all about any special measures and no advice about not buying (or trying to buy) in the home areas.

Comments

• Options
    They have 3000 tickets.

I doubt they have many more ST holders.
  • Options
    I just think it's bizarre that they don't appear to be getting the message across
  • Options
    Why would their site advise them against buying in home areas?

Did our site tell us not to buy in home areas at Gillingham or Brighton?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Why would their site advise them against buying in home areas?

exactly, just what I was about to type.
  • Options
    What message?

Any measures put into place to stop us buying tickets in the home stands would've been passed onto us by Charlton and relayed to the fans on the website. It's for Charlton to stipulate the measures to Millwall, being the home team. If it's not on our site, I can only think that Charlton haven't insisted that we make it public knowledge. What with the west ham thing hanging over our heads, you can guarantee that Millwall would make any slightest detail regarding the purchase of tickets in the home stands as clear as day.

...but £25?! I better get a free f**king hot dog with that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]

£17 in the home areas. You should try and get one there.

Oh, hang on a minute, you're not a Millwall fan are you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Why would their site advise them against buying in home areas?

exactly, just what I was about to type.
    I don't think those games are a good analogy. I can't remember what the website said about the Gillignham game, but there's no reference to avoiding home areas for the Brighton game. But there's also no mention on Brighton's site that Charlton fans will face ejection if they sit in the home areas.

I'm sure that, if Brighton - or any other team - put special measures together to avoid Charlton fans turning up in their home areas, that Charlton would publicise this on cafc.co.uk.

There are clearly special measures for the Charlton v Millwall game, yet Millwall's site does not mention them. As usual, Charlton are doing the right thing. Millwall aren't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]What message?

Any measures put into place to stop us buying tickets in the home stands would've been passed onto us by Charlton and relayed to the fans on the website. It's for Charlton to stipulate the measures to Millwall, being the home team. If it's not on our site, I can only think that Charlton haven't insisted that we make it public knowledge. What with the west ham thing hanging over our heads, you can guarantee that Millwall would make any slightest detail regarding the purchase of tickets in the home stands as clear as day.

worth every penny to visit the best ground in the division though old chap!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]What message?

So, you are saying that Millwall have not been informed that there are special measures for this game?
  • Options
    I can't see why Charlton would be telling Millwall about restrictions we are imposing on home areas. It's got nothing to do with them.

Millwall fans who want to buy in home areas are going to look at Charlton's website for information, not their own.

It's up to Millwall how they sell the tickets we supply for the away end, just as we wouldn't take kindly to Brighton, for example, telling us we can only sell to certain groups.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite] ...but £25?! I better get a free f**king hot dog with that!

It's exactly the same price as an adult ticket at your place.
  • Options
    I'm merely speculating.

Do you honestly think Millwall would run the risk of being hauled over the coals for this? Millwall have told us all they need to tell us. The only way for ST holders and members to get tickets is through the proper routes though the club. Why would they want tickets in the home ends when they can easily get a ticket in the away end?

If there are Millwall fans in the home ends, that's Charltons fault. Or Charlton supporters faults. Even if Millwall do get Red Cards, they can only buy tickets if they have a purchase history. Surely then that means that any Millwall in the home ends would be the responsibility of someone with a purchase history?

"worth every penny to visit the best ground in the division though old chap"

That accolade goes to Huddersfield and the Mikey Dons before you lot.
  • Options
    "It's exactly the same price as an adult ticket at your place."

£20 for me.

With the exception of Brighton, who have the nerve to charge £26 for the away fans to sit in an open sardine tin, i've not known many away games to cost over £20 per ticket.
  • Options
    He has a point. Any Millwall fans in home areas would have got tickets through Charlton fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite] i've not known many away games to cost over £20 per ticket.

Have you never followed Millwall away for "The Premiership Experience" then?

Oh,no. Silly me ;-)
  • Options
    Surely you get charged £25 for a category A++++++++ game?

I don't know how well you know Charlton, but if you turn left out of the station and cross over the Woolwich Road you'll find a Macro where you can save on toilet paper by buying in bulk. It make some in hand when you lot s**t yourselves on the 19th! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]"It's exactly the same price as an adult ticket at your place."

£20 for me.

With the exception of Brighton, who have the nerve to charge £26 for the away fans to sit in an open sardine tin, i've not known many away games to cost over £20 per ticket.

So you sit in the cheapest part of your ground, well done you. Most of your adult tickets (and i assume what you will charge us when we go there) cost £25.

And our Brighton away tickets cost £20.
  • Options
    And well done for hosting a forces day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Surely you get charged £25 for a category A++++++++ game?

I don't know how well you know Charlton, but if you turn left out of the station and cross over the Woolwich Road you'll find a Macro where you can save on toilet paper by buying in bulk. It make some in hand when you lot s**t yourselves on the 19th! ;-)

That's embarassing!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]He has a point. Any Millwall fans in home areas would have got tickets through Charlton fans.

Absolutely correct, but no doubt some of our idiot fans will do this, like they always did for Man Utd games. However, this time they run the risk of losing their own season ticket over it, won't stop some though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]He has a point. Any Millwall fans in home areas would have got tickets through Charlton fans.

Absolutely correct, but no doubt some of our idiot fans will do this, like they always did for Man Utd games. However, this time they run the risk of losing their own season ticket over it, won't stop some though.

That said Ketman, I hope there isn't a backlash and home fans don't go overboard hunting out Millwall fans to get them thrown out. We are two very close (geographically) clubs and we should be tolerant to well behaved Millwall fans if accompanied by Charlton supporters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]

That said Ketman, I hope there isn't a backlash and home fans don't go overboard hunting out Millwall fans to get them thrown out. We are two very close (geographically) clubs and we should be tolerant to well behaved Millwall fans if accompanied by Charlton supporters.

You mean just as tolerant as they would be if we were sitting in there end? What a load of b*llocks! There should be no Millwall sitting in the home end full stop.

Anyone who buys a Millwall supporter a ticket should have their season ticket taken away, their car towed and their house repossessed!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]With the exception of Brighton, who have the nerve to charge £26 for the away fans to sit in an open sardine tin, i've not known many away games to cost over £20 per ticket.

not many venture up to Leeds these days then
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]He has a point. Any Millwall fans in home areas would have got tickets through Charlton fans.[/quote]

Absolutely correct, but no doubt some of our idiot fans will do this, like they always did for Man Utd games. However, this time they run the risk of losing their own season ticket over it, won't stop some though.[/quote]

That said Ketman, I hope there isn't a backlash and home fans don't go overboard hunting out Millwall fans to get them thrown out. We are two very close (geographically) clubs and we should be tolerant to well behaved Millwall fans if accompanied by Charlton supporters.[/quote]

Rollocks to that
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]And well done for hosting a forces day.[/quote]

Here Here heard all about it form Wall at work

About time others followed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Rollocks to that

Seconded. Football is not Rugby or Cricket. The rules are clear, if you are in the wrong end at a football match you are asking to be thrown out just by being there and the only way to stop this from happening is to either not be there or to sit on your hands and be a good boy. However, 'derby' games are not the kind of time you can trust anyone, even yourself to keep schtum. You take the risk, you pay the price.

Any Charlton found getting Millwall tickets, however well they might be told that they will behave should be punished severely. Season-ticket ripped up, Red Card & History cancelled.

You just can't employ a two-fold standard here.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]

Normmaly have no problem with away fans in the home end if they behave themselves, but in this case no Millwall fan should be anywhere near the home areas and the club are 100% correct in the sanctions they are putting in place.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My God! You lot are terrified of Millwall aren't you?

If my 60 year old uncle, who is a Millwall fan, could make the game I would be buying him a ticket in the home end to sit with me. None of you would ever know, regardless of the score.

Stop being such drama queens. We're not talking about the Gaza strip, it's a soccer match.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]My God! You lot are terrified of Millwall aren't you?

If my 60 year old uncle, who is a Millwall fan, could make the game I would be buying him a ticket in the home end to sit with me. None of you would ever know, regardless of the score.

Stop being such drama queens. We're not talking about the Gazza strip, it's a soccer match.

Wouldn't be just a 'soccer' match if he accidently cheered a Milwall goal, would it? sitting in the wrong area you and him would feel the affects of giving him a ticket..
    The safety precautions are there for public safety...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]My God! You lot are terrified of Millwall aren't you?

Stop being such drama queens. We're not talking about the Gaza strip, it's a soccer match.

Yes I'm absolutely petrified.

In all seriousness, you're putting yourself up for sanction whether your relative/mate is an infant/old aged, black white, yellow or green pacifist/hoolie

And that's the way it should be.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!