Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Omozusi

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Worst player to ever play for charlton? Can't stand him.

Comments

• Options
    I can think of a few worse, but not impressed with him at all
  • Options
    What a constructive discussion.
  • Options
    The new Whipping Boy.

Was Youga but he's now great

Was Burton but people are now seeing his qualities

So might as well be Omo.

He was poor last night, no doubt, and can't wait for Richardson, Youga or Solly to return but why do we always need a whipping boy?

Where is Kish right now?
  • Options
    There was thread set up for him after the northwich victoria game! sink please
  • Options
    Well we are nearly as rich as Real Madrid, it's not as if we a a 3rd tier English team so naturally we do expect the finest quality in the side.... nay demand it.
  • Options
    whipping boy or not amazing to think he's played against Man U in the Premiership

I think a 55-year-old Giggs would still give him a torrid time down the left
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]What a constructive discussion.

Like quite a few on here in recent months
  • Options
    He really wasn't that bad. Got done two or three times but so did Llera and Dailly. We've had performances far worse than that in a Charlton shirt. Remember Tahar el Khalej?
  • Options
    he started off very shaky but grew into the game so think this is bit harsh!
  • Options
    Strangely enough, although I don't rate him, I thought he had his best game so far for us last night!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think given his ignominious start he actually did very well when a lot of others would have crumbled. Wouldnt put him in my top 100 worse players let alone the worst.
  • Options
    agreed,started off very shaky but thought he did well in the second half.
  • Options
    TBF he did make a goal line clearance to prevent them going 3-2 up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]Worst player to ever play for charlton? Can't stand him.

Just noticed from the match thread that you werent even at the game. Muppet.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]Worst player to ever play for charlton? Can't stand him.
    Spoke to 6 people who were there who said he was awful. Muppet
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]

Seconded!
  • Options
    c/a/f/c,

have to say you make yourself looked pretty silly slagging off a player like that when you weren't even at the game.

Even if you did speak to 6 whole people how do you get to "worst Charlton player ever"?
  • Options
    I also felt he grew as the match went on and in the second half played well. I agree early on he did not look confident , but let's not give up on him just yet.

This is our problem.Omo is now the sort of squad player we will attract. It was said he was not match fit when he came so hopefully he will continue to improve.

Either way we haven't lost much in January he may be off or signed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]c/a/f/c,

have to say you make yourself looked pretty silly slagging off a player like that when you weren't even at the game.

Even if you did speak to 6 whole people how do you get to "worst Charlton player ever"?

Seconded again!!
  • Options
    I didnt go, so i cant really give a true opinion on his performance last night. from dazzler's commentary sounded like he started of bad and got better

Match ratings suggest he was not as bad as some ppl are making it sound, yes i dont rate the player but as i sed in the match thread hope he proves me wrong and becomes the new youga in the sense reformed and now fans love him, although doubt he will get the chance as soon as richardson is fit he will be back in and when solly is then we can send him back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had absolutely no match fitness, didn't even have a club and had to go straight into our first team, which at the time was at the bottom of the pit. Let's all condemn him for a few bad performances. Started horribly last night (but I've seen Frazer do worse shit and it barely get mentioned on here, because he doesn't yet have whipping boy status. Was one of our more effective players in the last quarter. I'd rather use Solly or Richardson, but I'm not prepared to right off a (cheap) option based on what has happened to date. If you just analysed the performances of other players during his three starts you'd probably conclude that Bailey and Sam shouldn't be playing for us either and they are established match-fit stars.
  • Options
    Some people on the ratings thread maked Omo just 2 out of 10.
    Many others marked him between 5 and 6.5.

I wasn't at the match, but it sounded if he had a torrid start, was all over the shop - but clung to his task.
    So his attitude couldn't be faulted.

Despite his earlier mistakes, it appears he gradually improved throughout the match finishing quite strongly, including a number of timely interceptions, getting Llera out of jail, and even clearing a goal bound shot off the line.

And, incredibly, some people marked him down as only a 2 .......?

We definitely need a standard fair and proper guide to marking players in the player ratings thread.
    Because it seems that many are marking players down on their emotional feelings about a player, rather than his actual overall performance on the day.
  • Options
    I'm sure AFKA has the common sense and even handedness to be able to discount daft outliers
  • Options
    Lisbie scored his 9th goal of the season last night.

Another Charlton scapegoat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Some people on the ratings thread maked Omo just 2 out of 10.
    Many others marked him between 5 and 6.5.

I wasn't at the match, but it sounded if he had a torrid start, was all over the shop - but clung to his task.
    So his attitude couldn't be faulted.

Despite his earlier mistakes, it appears he gradually improved throughout the match finishing quite strongly, including a number of timely interceptions, getting Llera out of jail, and even clearing a goal bound shot off the line.

And, incredibly, some people marked him down as only a 2 .......?

We definitely need astandard fair and proper guide to marking playersin the player ratings thread.
    Because it seems that many are marking players down on their emotional feelings about a player, rather than his actual overall performance on the day.

5-6 is a fair score. 6 being fairer in my view. He fell over and looked like a fish out of water when he first came on but, to his credit, did not hide and improved in the 2nd half. That said I would rather see Richardson, Youga or even Solly ahead of him when fit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I'm sure AFKA has the common sense and even handedness to be able to discount daft outliers

That would just be too much for afka and then wont get a true rating based on ppls opinions, i agree sometimes it is down to personal feelings etc but still has to be included no matter how fair we think it is
  • Options
    Can we just lay off him.

He was awful when we started, but it was a slippy night and many players lost their feet. In the second half he played at an acceptable level, few of the problems we had came down his flank and he tried hard to get forward allied with working hard to get back into position. As someone pointed out he did bloody well to stop an almost definite goal after Kuffour again did some excellent approach play. The lad looked nervous but improved.
  • Options
    I wasn't at the match, nor was I at Omozusi's only other league match for Charlton, at Carlisle. But it strikes me as a bit odd to be brandishing the phrase "worst player to ever play for Charlton" for two reasons:

1. His record in League matches is P2, W1, D0, L1, F5 A5. Not the best record imagineable, but far from being the worst. There have been nearly 700 Charlton players in the nearly 80 years since the club first played in the Football League. There must surely have been several with a worse record than this? What's more, he's available for selection on 1 December. What's significant about that? That's the date his "loan" ends. So, he's stuck around. Unlike some "better" players who took the first opportunity to disappear when the going got tough or the grass looked greener. Scott Parker, Danny Murphy, Denis Rommedahl, Marcus Bent, Paul Walsh, Darren Ambrose, Mark Hudson, Majid Bougherra, Amady Faye, Jermain Defoe, JLloyd Samuel, Dean Kiely, Mike Flanagan, Luke Young, Darren Bent and Claus Jensen may all have been better players. But each of them scuttled off when they got the chance. At least - at very least - Elliot Omozusi's going to be around for the duration of his term and be there to make a difference. Last night, however well or however badly he might have played, he was a winner, in a Charlton shirt. And that goes a long, long way, as far as I am concerned.

2. It's a split infinitive.
  • Options
    Whipping boys - what about that wastrel Darren Ambrose? Can't see him ever getting many goals...

As for O-No, perhaps he will one day turn out to be as good as Youga. Still has no place in the team right now.
  • Options
    Remember when one of our own was getting stick as......too slow, hopelessly not good enough, even for the Third Division...?

He's just completed 2 consecutive 90 minute games - and in both his performance was so good, he could be a contender for Man of the Match.

Well done Grant Basey!