Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Omozusi

Comments

• Options
    I saw my 10 for Omo as a counter balance to the ridiculous 2s he was being given.

In that light AFKA was right to exclude both mine and other extreme scores.

Oggy I think your scoring is about right and you are spot on about names being scored not performances. Look at some of Burton's scores not just for yesterday but the whole season. Same with Youg early on.

Hopefully there will be a few 10s this season and no real 2s but I agree they should be possible at least.
  • Options
    All very good points from everyone and very helpful, I think, in trying to establish an agreed benchmark which will ultimately enhance the prestige of the CL stat bank.

But I must say I particularly loved Dabos's despcrition of what merits a score of one and ten!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Starinnaddick[/cite]NLA Didnt he make a crucial contribution when they looked certain to score .

yep he did but only after he had fooked it up and given them more of a chance in the first place
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]But Oggy by your ratings there's no point in doing it out of 10 with those definitions. 5 should be average, and you work everything out from there.

0 Give him a free transfer
    1 Stinker
    2 Poor
    3 Below average
    4 Bit below average
    5 Average
    6 Bit better than average
    7 Above average
    8 Good
    9 Excellent
    10 Triple that man's wages

LMAO, Dabos .......!

I marked a stinker at 4 - simply because most players even if it's going tits up for them, are still trying hard.
    Think Kish, for example.

If you've ever played football competitively, you'll remember having a mare occasionally - when the harder you try, the worse it gets. But you're still covering team mates, making that extra run - you're still busting a gut for the team.
    Should you be marked down as a 0, 1, or 2?

Although you won't get 10, that's for sure ......!
    :o)

A lot of coaches use a guide very similar to the one I suggested.
    It's gives them a consistant standard to asess players.
  • Options
    ''I saw my 10 for Omo as a counter balance to the ridiculous 2s he was being given.''

To be fair, before you gave him ten, the only person in 20-something posters who had given Ono less than five, was NLA. But I take your point and understand what you are saying.

Also see AFKA's reply to all this in the stat bank thread, where I copied my original post, thinking it was more relevant there.

Apparently, low markings are allowed - a 1 for Llera at Colchester was permitted, although a couple of zeros were disallowed!
  • Options
    Agree Oggy that you shouldn't get a 0,1 or 2 if you're still working hard to get out of the rut. (How dare you give Kish as an example for a '4' type player though!!)

There are rare occasions when it is justified though, not all players are famous for working hard when things are going badly.

I guess I'm just a bit too focused on the maths - I will never agree with a system in which an 'average' performance is judged as a 6/10. That just doesn't make sense to me!

In an attempt to not derail the thread into even more geeky territory (I've probably gone far too far already) and get back to Omosuzi, I think I gave him a 6 last night (based on my awesome scale of course). He started poorly, but made a couple of crucial interventions. I think it's easier to remember the bad things, especially when he's an uncommitted, lazy, no good loanee of sorts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]

Also see AFKA's reply to all this in the stat bank thread, where I copied my original post, thinking it was more relevant there.

Apparently, low markings are allowed - a 1 for Llera at Colchester was permitted, although a couple of zeros were disallowed!

First of all I wasn't there at Clolchester, but I spoke with enough people that were ....... poor Llera had a mare by all accounts and cost us the 1st and 3rd goals, and knew it!

But the guy never gave up, it's just not in his character to quit. He just tried harder.

That's exactly what I tried to say in a previous post, ".....when the harder you try, the worse it gets. But you're still covering team mates, making that extra run - you're still busting a gut for the team."

Perhaps the manager should have acted sooner, and recued Llera from his misery.

AFKA said somebody that night marked Llera down for a 0, another 1.
    Me, I would have marked that as a 4 .....because there were nevertheless aspects to his game that deserved a positive mark.

But then I suppose some people at a game only see what happens actually on the ball ....... and the remaining 95% of a players performance and value to the team blissfully passes them by.

Though team mates and manager will recognise and acknowledge a player's true value.
    Which is why a player who in many fans eyes is "rubbish", gets picked again for the next match.
    Think back to Kish, for example.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Agree Oggy that you shouldn't get a 0,1 or 2 if you're still working hard to get out of the rut. (How dare you give Kish as an example for a '4' type player though!!)

Poor old Kish, lol

I didn't mean Kish was only ever worth a 4, Dabos ......... just occasionally, as he reached 100% gut-busting effort, everything he did would go to the dogs! But his positive contribution to the side would still be massive.

I loved Kish, every team needs a road sweeper, someone who provides the platform for the more creative players to do their stuff - and Kish did the job brilliantly, wearing his heart on his sleeve.

Once he put the famous old red shirt on, it appeared he was prepared to die for the cause.
    Really he was always worth a 7 ...... just for charging around and stopping the other team playing!
  • Options
    good u lot have ruined this thread, im bored now going to bed!!!
  • Options
    He should still have got no more than a mark of 2 feck all to do with him being on loan and how he can score more than others in the team who were not half as bad or who didnt have such a negative impact on the game is beyond me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    see i kicked up quite a fuss.. My apologies everyone. Just not a fan of him myself
  • Options
    Well, if you call a player "the worst ever to play for Charlton"(after a couple of tentative appearances)...then one has to ask how long you've been an Addick....cos if you think that then your way OTT!
  • Options
    by no way the worst ever but he has joined the list of poop loan signings
  • Options
    He's not actually on loan though.
  • Options
    so do we have him full time
  • Options
    He's out of contract but Fulham still hold his registration. So it's a loan but not a normal one. We haven't signed him permanently but could do if we wanted to (not sure if we would have to wait until January?).
  • Options
    No, I think Parky said at the get go that we could turn it into a permanent deal at any time. I'm guessing that the reason Fulham have his reg, still, is that they could get a fee due to his age, but can't see us (or anyone) paying for his services, so they might have to waive that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]....the get go...

Grrrrr..........

[gnashing of teeth]
  • Options
    Doesn't sound like Parky really wants to sign him permanently. He's told the News Shopper he's got until next Tuesday to decide whether to extend the loan for another month.

Seems like he's minded to do so, but he doesn't sound wildly enthusiastic - mentioned injuries to other defenders and others being only one more card away from suspension as the factors that might lead to an extension. On that lukewarm endorsement, hard to see Ono ever being offered a full contract.

And to be strictly fair to c/a/f/c, it is probably quite logical to think he is ONE OF of the worst players we've had in 30 years (which I accept is not quite the same as THE WORST EVER).

He's struggling in division three, the lowest level of football we have played in almost three decades. Therefore it is a perfectly reasonable assumption that, as our players have for the last 28 seasons been holding their own at a higher level, they were almost all of them better than Omuzusi.

Therefore, if c/a/f/c were to amend his original comment to read 'one of the worst players we've had in 30 years', it would be hard to argue very strongly with him.
  • Options
    Tom Hovi for starters
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With the injuries to Youga, Solly and Richardson, and with a couple of defenders on four yellows and therefore a booking away from a suspension that extending his loan by a month would make sense.

However three defensive trialists were tried out today, one at RB, so presumably Parky is looking for cover/alternatives.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Tom Hovi for starters

Len...we could name dozens when you think of it..."Hapless" Hugh McCauley(I think that's how you spell it)..the name alone makes me shudder.
  • Options
    Moritz Voltz? whatever happened to him, could he be one of the trialists
  • Options
    Contract extended to 28th December
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Contract extended to 28th December

Good. Saw him at Carlisle, and actually felt he showed excellent ball control and skill at times - even think I made the odd remark about seeing some Premiership quality. He faded badly in that game, and fitness clearly has been an issue. He's really still very young and inexperienced. Glad to see him getting better ratings from last night - I have a hunch he could yet come good and look like a real bargain if we end up signing him.
  • Options
    He played well at Brighton.
  • Options
    Makes sense, with Richardson/Youga injured we need cover.
  • Options
    This years jinxed position Right Back, Solly, Richardson, Youga
  • Options
    think he will vital for us this season.
  • Options
    Richardson has been training all week so hopefully back tomorrow.