Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton vs. Charlton (1/12/09) - Poll, Views, Team, Rambles

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Was it a solid defending performance against Bristol Rovers then? two goals suggest differently.

You're right, but I felt that was because we missed Youga rather than Sodje. We were coping just fine until Youga hobbled off the pitch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Was it a solid defending performance against Bristol Rovers then? two goals suggest differently. Sodje misses one game and comes back and you don't put him back in? thats madness. Hes been our best player in numerous games this season.

Well I'd bloody hope Racon is fighting for his place. Shelvey didn't play well enough against Rovers for his spot to be safe for Brighton, like you said im sure Parky will make the right decision.

If two goals against a team in the top 7 of our division suggest our defence wasn't good enough then what dos the one nil loss suggest (when sodje was playing) I'm guessing not much more
  • Options
    Sodje is the best central defender at the club, full stop on that matter for me. gets on the scoresheet reguarly as well as being exceptional in the air and decent on the ground.

I'm surprised that Shelvey has that high percentage, but then again that means little as the majority of his passes could have been 5 yarders. Shelvey didn't look too composed on the ball for me, would like to have seen him try a few more attacking runs, take on a few players. Racon tries this which is why I like him, allbeit he has failed at doing it successfully in his past few games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Sodje is the best central defender at the club,

Dailly i'm so sorry but your arguent is based on how many games??? One centtral defender has been the best at this club and its Dailly .. I would be very very surprised for you to find many people backing up your choice
  • Options
    lol Would love to see a poll on it but have no idea how to do one!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]
    I'm surprised that Shelvey has that high percentage, but then again that means little as the majority of his passes could have been 5 yarders. Shelvey didn't look too composed on the ball for me, would like to have seen him try a few more attacking runs, take on a few players. Racon tries this which is why I like him, allbeit he has failed at doing it successfully in his past few games.

Well surprised or not its Fact. So what if the passes that are successful are 5 yards , would you rather 40 yard passes that wasn't successful? Its strange that you wanted him doing more runs yet most others thought he should do less. Can you please comfirm to me you were at the last match ?
  • Options
    Yeahhh I was. Resorting to that as hes giving up his riduclously biased views as always.

So what if they are successful you say? well if they aint creating naff all, not much use to us are they?

Id rather someone tried long balls that could create chances and miss 2/3 and the third sets someone up rather than a load of tiny passes thanks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Yeahhh I was. Resorting to that as hes giving up his riduclously biased views as always.

So what if they are successful you say? well if they aint creating naff all, not much use to us are they?

Id rather someone tried long balls that could create chances and miss 2/3 and the third sets someone up rather than a load of tiny passes thanks.

Strange you would prefer a player who gives the ball away all the time. Not sure i can see how that benefits the team but hey as long as they can kick it really hard they must be good hey?
  • Options
    You've interpreted what I said wrong and you know it.

We'll see what Parky does, I'm sure he probably will stick with Jonjo.

Anyway, back on topic. Brighton away, very winnable. Hope the conditions ain't too bad.
  • Options
    I never and you know it !! Its gonna be wet and windy so in all honesty i hope Jonjo dont play. Tuesday wasn't a game for the midfield it was just long ball after long ball so unless we decide to play on the floor i would rather he never played. Just my opinion though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For what its worth I dont think Shelvey OR Racon are the answer on the left side, nothing to do with ability as both have plenty of that, its just not a position suited to either of them. Personally I would keep Shelvey there, he did at least as well as Rocky IMO so why change a winning side for no reason?
  • Options
    Unc...........is that the Royal "we"again ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    ht 0-1
    ft 1-3

£50 on AWAY/AWAY returns £190 although it will be £140 as it was Victor Chandlers free bet
  • Options
    S Sodje back for Llera and a much needed away win please
  • Options
    Shelvey should defo have another chance, but dunno about on the left tbh? cant seem to find someone to fill it so would still put him there for now but he does need to be moved central soon whether thats by suspension or injury as thats where he will show wat a quality playa he is.
    Think Mooney should not be dropped, maybe burton? although bit contreversal i just think akpo will be more of a physical presence and could link up well with mooney, although it is untried so you never know
    Sodje defo has to be back in, LLera miss out! although he didnt do bad just Daily & Sodje are the best centre backs
    I hope Robbo's back for this one, also richardson as dont wanna see omunuzi and youga is bit wasted on the right. although again wud be harsh to drop basey as in llera but just shows wat depth in the squad we have in some areas

I know this is a bit in-decisive this whole post but its a good thing as we have many challenging for several spots, unfortunately not many from LM
  • Options
    http://www.charltonathletic-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=PREV&id=474988
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Parky[/cite]“Rob is fit again and Frazer Richardson is also getting closer to a return from injury but tomorrow will come too soon for him.”
    Kelly Youga is rated as 50-50 to be available for the game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Kelly Youga is rated as 50-50 to be available for the game.

In that case I'd put Youga on the bench. Back four of Semedo, Dailly, Llera and Basey. I just don't rate Omozusi at all, and I don't feel like the rest of the squad do either.

Moving Semedo back into defence leaves a space in a midfield four alongside Bailey, Shelvey and Sam. The obvious choice would be to be play Spring as the holding man, but might it be worth trying Bailey in that position for a game? Bringing Jonjo in central behind the two strikers and Racon out on the left, with those two switching as and when we need to change things up.

Also, someone commented on five of our players having 4 yellows each. IF we are COMFORTABLY in the lead (and Dailly doesn't have a yellow) with 5 minutes to go, I'd suggest Semedo gets himself a yellow late on, with one of Youga or Richardson hopefully back for Southend we could just do a straight swap for Semedo, keeping the same midfield from this game against Brighton.

That's how I'd play it if I was Parkinson.

Elliot/Randolph
    Semedo---Dailly---Llera---Basey
    Bailey
    Sam
    Shelvey
    Racon
    Mooney
    Burton

Subs; Keeper, Youga, Omozusi, S Sodje, Wagstaff, Spring, A Sodje.
  • Options
    That midfield is too attacking imo but then again agree 100% on omunuzi, can't have him starting.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]That midfield is too attacking imo but then again agree 100% on omunuzi, can't have him starting.

Well, you could play it like this instead if you're unconvinced of balance.

Spring
    Sam
    Bailey
    Shelvey
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think that would probably be better, as Bailey needs to be in that attacking role as he is doing well going forward recently.
  • Options
    Also, remember who their t*sser of an assistant manager is...
  • Options
    I wouldn't be sure about moving Semedo from a position as key as centre midfield for him to go right back, especially away from home. Would it cause more damage to the team as whole than playing Omozusi?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]I wouldn't be sure about moving Semedo from a position as key as centre midfield for him to go right back, especially away from home. Would it cause more damage to the team as whole than playing Omozusi?

I agree. Omozusi was doing fine by the end of the Rovers game, I think he was just nervous to begin with.
  • Options
    Dont forget that Racon was on loan there and he will be keen to impress.

Agree with earlier poster that Sam Sodje is a must.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    From the 'mad' link above:
    In terms of team news, Carl Ikeme has finished his loan spell with the Addicks and has since been loaned out to Sheffield United. However, the biggest news for Charlton is the expectant return of Rob Elliot from the abductor injury that has kept him out for the last 6 games.

Should he be allowed to play in that condition? Surely Randy Randolph has been trying any trick to win his place!
  • Options
    Would think of playing all three of Llera, Dailly and Sodje tonight with one of them at right back if Youga or Richardson don't make it.

Omouzusi looks an accident waiting to happen.
  • Options
    who is their assistant manager? I not in tune with that one?