Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Veterans team international match proposal

Comments

• Options
    can I offer my services as the CL Manager. I have a 100% success rate as a Manager plus it means I can get to see my nephew !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]can I offer my services as the CL Manager. I have a 100% success rate as a Manager plus it means I can get to see my nephew !!!

Only if i'm captain ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]can I offer my services as the CL Manager. I have a 100% success rate as a Manager plus it means I can get to see my nephew !!!

As a member of your successful winning team at The Valley, I'll second that.

Large as our European Championship manager in France.

;o)
  • Options
    I LOOK 35 so if there's a beano to France involved, I'm in !
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Aren't you usually allowed a certain number of under-age players in most Vets teams? If so, how many are you allowed?

None if they are any good ;-

I'd get skinned alive for pace by 90 yearolds and am only 21 so no from me but would probs come watch!
  • Options
    Think your allowed to play if you run like myour over 35 Dazzler?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Aren't you usually allowed a certain number of under-age players in most Vets teams? If so, how many are you allowed?

None if they are any good ;-

I'd get skinned alive for pace by 90 yearolds and am only 21 so no from me but would probs come watch!

If you have't shaved that dodgy 'tache off you might pass for 35.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    Dazzler maybe you could be the physio,mind you we'd probably be dead by the time you sprinted across the pitch ;-)
  • Options
    I'm over 35.

I'm also totally useless at football, unfit and have dodgy knees so count me out of the game. The trip to France sounds good though.

Would be happy to help sort out tickets for the home game via the club if no one else wants to do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Near but more likely just critical! ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Near but more likely just critical! ;o)

Ok i'll give you that :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I'm over 35.

I'm also totally useless at football, unfit and have dodgy knees so count me out of the game. The trip to France sounds good though.

Would be happy to help sort out tickets for the home game via the club if no one else wants to do it.

That'll be handy if you can do stuff like that, Henry.

I nominate Henry as secretary and treasurer.
    Seconded!

;o)
  • Options
    Henry,

I will be holding interviews for the position of Asst Manager/First Team Coach - you are more than welcome to apply.
  • Options
    Can't you ask Golfie along to report on the match ....?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Can't you ask Golfie along to report on the match ....?

;o)

Ha ha
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Henry,

I will be holding interviews for the position of Asst Manager/First Team Coach - you are more than welcome to apply.

I see myself more in the Club Secretary/Director of Football role. Can we be flexible? ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Henry,

I see myself more in the Club Secretary/Director of Football role. Can we be flexible? ; - )

Get a room you two ;-)
  • Options
    [cite}Posted By: RedArmySE7
    Soemhow don't think I'll pass for 35! I got asked for ID to buy a lottery ticket the other week!]

Can I borrow your "Alice Band" then ;)
  • Options
    Well if you need a goalkeeper you can count me in,last time i played was in ijmuiden in May this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice to see the level of enthusiasm coming along on here.

It's going to need some organisation. AFKA has already stated that he will sort out the pitch etc.

The major factor for a return match here in France if you're really up for it will be the booking of tickets (if flying).

This is my main concern for Saturday night. I'm going to talk to the team and work out how who will collect the money for flights etc. I can't do everything myself so I think I shall try to make it that I am the co-ordinator between my team and you lot on here whilst the guy who normally organises our matches can deal with the finances.

Not much can be done between now and Saturday.

The first thing that you guys on here need to do is get enough players. You seem to have about five players, five supporters and five managers at the moment ;-
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Nice to see the level of enthusiasm coming along on here.

It's going to need some organisation. AFKA has already stated that he will sort out the pitch etc.

The major factor for a return match here in France if you're really up for it will be the booking of tickets (if flying).

This is my main concern for Saturday night. I'm going to talk to the team and work out how who will collect the money for flights etc. I can't do everything myself so I think I shall try to make it that I am the co-ordinator between my team and you lot on here whilst the guy who normally organises our matches can deal with the finances.

Not much can be done between now and Saturday.

The first thing that you guys on here need to do is get enough players. You seem to have about five players, five supporters and five managers at the moment ;-

I'm sure we can get a team together. I know plenty of players (although not all lifers) who would be up for it.
  • Options
    Happy to throw my hat, gloves, boots and zimmer frame into the fray as usual.
  • Options

I'm sure we've got enough old gits on this board ....... whether they can still put one leg in front of the other, and shift their beer fuelled carcass may be another matter ?

Trouble is, we are still 24 years old in our heads and still see ourselves dropping a shoulder, sending the defender the wrong way and hitting a blistering shot bulging the top right corner of the net.

We can still do it, right fellas......?
  • Options
    Oggy, I'd say No .... well, from seeing you play in just one game, maybe I'm being harsh - the journey up could have taken a lot out of you .... ;-)
  • Options
    I believe you can oggy ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Oggy, I'd say No .... well, from seeing you play in just one game, maybe I'm being harsh - the journey up could have taken a lot out of you .... ;-)

Well, thank you Supaclive! haha

As you can imagine, the journey up from Cornwall is a bit stiff - but then at my age, that's the least of my problems!
    Trouble is, to be match fit you need to play and train each week.

When I played for CL against Exeter supporters, that was my first game since the CL match vs Preston in March,
    6 months before!

And being the oldest player on the pitch, it's just great when you come up against a nippy quick footed 19 year old winger. I trust the French vets won't be aged 19 .....(!)

So you're playing against our French friends then Supa?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I believe you can oggy ;-)

I'm fine once I've got my second wind and half time orange, thank you Uncle.

;o)
  • Options
    I hope so Oggy! I'll be "only" 34, but I play 3 times a year so my rustiness will allow me to get a shirt!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]I hope so Oggy! I'll be "only" 34, but I play 3 times a year so my rustiness will allow me to get a shirt!
    Only 34 ....? Blimey, you're just a nipper. Well, providing you're rusty, then you qualify!

I bet you're still faster than Dazzler.
    Everybody else is.

(Sorry again, Daz!)

;o).