Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Veterans team international match proposal

13»

Comments

• Options
    I'm going to report you
    lot for bullying ;o(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]I hope so Oggy! I'll be "only" 34, but I play 3 times a year so my rustiness will allow me to get a shirt!
    Only 34 ....? Blimey, you're just a nipper. Well, providing you're rusty, then you qualify!

I bet you're still faster than Dazzler.
    Everybody else is.

(Sorry again, Daz!)

hahaha it so hard not to mention his pace isn't it :-)

;o).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I believe you can oggy ;-)

I'm fine once I've got my second wind and half time orange, thank you Uncle.

;o)

Doesn't this belong in the "Farts" thread?
  • Options
    Excuse me, but this IS the "Old Farts" thread, right?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Excuse me, but thisISthe "Old Farts" thread, right?

;o)

Excuse me Oggy but speak for yourself ;-)
  • Options
    count me in for this one
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]count me in for this one

Sorry Steve, you can't play ....... couldn't risk a suicide if we lost.

;o)
  • Options
    I'll be up for playing in this, also if we come up short for players I know of a few we can call upon from my Sunday Vets side.
  • Options
    no palace w**kers allowed kets
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i will play somewhere being fat dont matter but not in goal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i will play somewhere being fat dont matter but not in goal

You aint fat your anorexically challenged ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i will play somewhere being fat dont matter but not in goal
    You aint fat your anorexically challenged ;-)
    Nah, it's horizontally abundant ( I was going to say horizontally gifted, but that sounds like I'm talking about something else entirely)
  • Options
    I like that, horizontally abundant. I'll use that next time my Dad moans at me about my weight.
  • Options
    We had dinner last night together so I was able to talk to the players and more importantly the 'manager.'

May 1st was the date preferred as it's a public holiday in France and so even those who normally work on a Saturday will be off.

The main concern was expense, particularly with regard to two nights' accomodation (Friday and Saturday). So the players made a proposal:

-We play two games:
    1st May at Charlton & then, for example, 22nd or 29th May (whichever is not Play-Off Final week-end) at St Laurent.

- The players of both teams stay over at each other's homes i.e. everyone involved puts someone from the other team up for 2 nights - a bit like an exchange programme at school I suppose.

What do you guys on here reckon?
  • Options
    This has "international incident" written all over it! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    1st May at Charlton & then, for example, 22nd or 29th May

29th May ......my birthday, and AFKA's (he surely must be 35 that day !!!!) ;o)
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]- The players of both teams stay over at each other's homes i.e. everyone involved puts someone from the other team up for 2 nights - a bit like an exchange programme at school I suppose.

I'm happy to put one of the French players up in my home ..... but I live in Cornwall.
    Only 250 miles trip to Charlton though !!
  • Options
    Seeing as I didn't have a favourable response to this idea (I did say to the guys here that I didn't see it taking off), I propose the following:

They can stay in a cheap place (I've found a hostel in Greenwich).

You guys could stay in one of these two places:

Hotel in town centre

Hotel by the nearby lake

How does that sound?

Please let me know if you are still willing to do an exchange. This place in Greenwich has one 8 bed dorm (and one 2-bed room) left for that week-end so if I could put the other three/four/five up in someone's home then then would be good. Otherwise I'm going to look pretty sharpish for another place for them to stay.

I shall be talking to one of the guys here very soon to get this organised. If we wait around much longer then the flight price will rise rapidly.
  • Options
    Sounds good to me, Jimmy M.

It's not practical for me to put up players in my home (lol) - but I'll chip in where I can.

Thanks for putting this together.
  • Options
    I'm happy to let one of the guys stay with me.