Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockports Pitch (Playable, but inspection at 9.30am tomorrow, page 3)

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Stockport are having a pitch inspection today for tonight's rearranged cup game that was postponed the other week. Their last home league game was also called off when ref felt pitch was unsafe. Looks like we can't expect much of a playing surface their on Saturday, and maybe even a chance of our game being called off as well.

Comments

• Options
    Pitch is just Sinking mud i heard.
  • Options
    The weather in the NW is getting better as the week goes along, so should be fine for Saturday, it's going to be a bog, but playable
  • Options
    Inspection has been delayed from 10 till 11 o'clock
  • Options
    11am inspection for tonights game.

Its not going to be great. Parky should have the lads training over Danson Park all week to familiarise
  • Options
    Game has now been called off
  • Options
    This is the same pitch that Wasps refused to play Sale Sharks on the other week. Just seen a picture of it on Sky Sports and it's covered in sand.
  • Options
    "Parky should have the lads training over Danson Park all week to familiarise" - or Margate beach by the sound of it.

Something along those lines might not be such a bad idea. The worse surface, the better - after a session on that Stockport (if it goes ahead) will seem a doddle.
  • Options
    Hope it's not called off first my charlton game since northwich.
  • Options
    seeing as tonights game was the original game and not a replay would the FA not wat to get it played asap in case there was a replay so that the 3rd round tie can go ahead as planned on the 2nd Jan?

If so, I would be in favour of them playing it on saturday and re-arranging our game for later in the season when:

1) the pitch may play better
    2) we wont be sitting out in the open during a monsoon.

all those agree , say aye!
  • Options
    nae,get it out the way, dont think the pitch is gonna improve much as the winter goes on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3) When our injury crisis may have subsided a little
    4) When we don't have several players on four yellows.
  • Options
    in addition to my previous post, the winners of the stockport - torquay game are due to play Brighton on 3rd round day, which we know is a normal scheduled saturday for league 1 clubs.

therefore Brighton should be playing a league 1 game that day (anyone know who- one of our rivals ?) which will have to get postponed, causing more back-log of fixtures.

I think we should petition the FA to posponed our game until April and let the play their 2nd round tie o saturday - of course, this has nothing to do with me already having a ticket for stockport on sat but not looking forward to sitting out in the open , getting soaking wet & freezing cold...........on top of the fact I have alreday got a sore throat, cough & a cold !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I think we should petition the FA to posponed our game until April and let the play their 2nd round tie o saturday - of course, this has nothing to do with me already having a ticket for stockport on sat but not looking forward to sitting out in the open , getting soaking wet & freezing cold...........on top of the fact I have alreday got a sore throat, cough & a cold !!!

Don't worry, you want have to worry about sitting outside in the cold when the game gets postponed at 2.55pm! You'll just have the fun of traveling up there and coming straight back home again :o)
  • Options
    Game will go ahead on Saturday I reckon, showers today and tonight, then nice weather from Wednesday through to next week. Unless Sale have a game on Friday, which will ruin the pitch no end
  • Options
    Sale dont have a game before we play there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Game will go ahead on Saturday I reckon, showers today and tonight, then nice weather from Wednesday through to next week. Unless Sale have a game on Friday, which will ruin the pitch no end

Hatters are saying on their message board that any more rain betwen now and Saturday will see our game called off as well.
  • Options
    I think it will be called off.
  • Options
    sale arent playing so thats not a problem. i want the game to go ahead as im viewing an ebay item in stockport on saturday!
    cant wait actually, it'll be first game since leeds. hope its a massacre?
  • Options
    i think it will be on.
  • Options
    Wonder if Parky had set off? He was due to watch the match tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he can do his scouting indoors now then - watching the Champions league on telly !!
  • Options
    booooo
  • Options
    As Rothko said no more rain is forecast before Saturday in Manchester so the game will definitely be on (unless there is unforecast rain).
  • Options
    Just read this from a Stockport fan;

not sure weather will be the problem..

"OffertonHatter' Charlton - Expect our game on Saturday to be postponed lads. Our pitch is f*cked, we can't afford to relay it yet and even when we can it takes a while. In all likelihood, there'll be no more games played at Edgeley Park until gone New Year.

Leeds and Swindon, see above - and as we've asked Torquay today if we can switch our FA Cup tie to their ground, I'd also prepare for a few extra home games...if that's even possible. :smackhead

It's a joke, I know.

:-(
  • Options
    Re the possibility of Stockport having to play their 2nd round match somewhere else - Our directors need to be having a word with the league & FA about this NOW

If Stockport's pitch isn't good enough for an FA cup tie then its not good enough for a league match. END OF.

Otherwise we do what Sale did a few weeks ago and just get back on the coach & not play.........we were done a few years back at SANDford Bridge, lost a game that should never have gone ahead and all Chelski got was a palty slap on the wrist - have we not learned our lesson !!
  • Options
    If we refuse to play, we'll be deducted points like Boro were some years back and they were relegated as a consequence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]If we refuse to play, we'll be deducted points like Boro were some years back and they were relegated as a consequence.

i can't see us going down.
  • Options
    this is charlton
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]If we refuse to play, we'll be deducted points like Boro were some years back and they were relegated as a consequence.

Ha ha.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]

Yeah ..... but we're still 8 points from safety.