Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockports Pitch (Playable, but inspection at 9.30am tomorrow, page 3)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Some Stockport fan via Atletico Addick[/cite]In all likelihood, there'll be no more games played at Edgeley Park until gone New Year.

If this is and accurate prophecy Stockport could be looking at a hell of a fixture pile up in the new-year. Surely this has been going on long enough now for the authorities to step in, either by making arrangements to reverse fixtures or to lend them the money to re-lay the pitch.
  • Options
    Does anyone know when we will get confirmation weather or not its going ahead??
  • Options
    About 11.10 on Saturday I reckon.
  • Options
    Cool so they will wait until everyone has started travelling up there and paid for their train/coach tickets to tell us, when it sounds like all their home games up til crimbo will be off cos Rugby is far more important than Charlton :-). Jokers.
  • Options
    All the uncertainty does Stockport no favours either - it will surely put people off going (from Charlton at least) and from the sounds of the fan who rang 606 on Saturday they need every penny they can get. Apparently their players were told not to swap shirts after the recent cup game against Tooting & Mitcham because the club couldn't afford to replace all their shirts.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Cool so they will wait until everyone has started travelling up there and paid for their train/coach tickets to tell us, when it sounds like all their home games up til crimbo will be off cos Rugby is far more important than Charlton :-). Jokers.

That unfortnately is the downfall of going to away games sometimes. Ive been to 3 away trips where the game was called off less than an hour before kick off (All midweek overnight trips) so i'm afraid if the game is called off saturday am, then so be it.

The regular train people would have bought there train return tickets for saturday weeks ago, so they could get the best deals. I'm sure a few will make over alternative arrangements like getting a new ground in if possible.

Stockport are skint, so maybe getting some extra revenue with Sale playing there is money they need. Jokers, not them.

You on the coach or train then, young Rupert?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]All the uncertainty does Stockport no favours either - it will surely put people off going (from Charlton at least)

well i'm sure it's one of the reasons that we've sold a pathetic 453 so far as well as christmas time around the corner and not forgetting our poor run of form and position in the table ....joke support FACT
  • Options
    Tiresome.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]All the uncertainty does Stockport no favours either - it will surely put people off going (from Charlton at least)

well i'm sure it's one of the reasons that we've sold a pathetic 453 so far as well as christmas time around the corner and not forgetting our poor run of form and position in the table ....joke support FACT

Give it a rest! Perhaps if people didn't insist on standing and singing obscene songs more people under 16 and over 60 would go. This has already been discussed too so don't bother replying - just think about it.
  • Options
    Im on the train for this one shirty what about your good self? And yes im with you its just the habbit of away games i just wished they could change it in some way but i spose there is nothing anyone can do really. Jokers, i really ment the FA and the whole system in general rather than Stockport themselves because as you say if they are struggling finacially then the share with the Sharks is maybe a good way of boosting revenue. I just wish the system could be easier and not allow people to travel miles only to be let down but i dont spose it will ever change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Well, me and the Old Man have checked, re-checked and checked again that it's actually at Stockport this time and will be paying on the gate, assuming it goes ahead, so you can make that 455 OohAah.
  • Options
    From what I saw of the pitch on SSN there is a load of sand all down one side of it, which is the part they're saying is unsafe to play on. If it's been unplayable for football and rugby for the past 3 weeks, then I'll be surprised if it suddenly becomes playable in just 3 days. Even if it doesn't rain it'll surely need long periods of warm sunshine to dry it all out, which I can't see happening in Stockport in December. So I wouldn't be surprised if it is postponed as early as Friday.

Not good for the fans who've made their travel arrangements already, but for the team it might be a good thing. For one, we get a game in hand on the teams chasing us - and two, when the game does get replayed it'll hopefully be on a pitch that'll be less of a leveler and will allow us to play some football.

(Having said all that I bet the game gets played and we get turned over 3-0)
  • Options
    Once again i've no doubt that Oohaah is fully justified in his criticism as no doubt come rain or shine he'll be up there on saturday cheering the lads on............or maybe not.
  • Options
    cant they switch it to the city of manchester stadium
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]cant they switch it to the city of manchester stadium

Good point or if Burnely are playing away :-)
  • Options
    ...or oldham,rochdale,bury
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]...or oldham,rochdale,bury

Is Scarbourgh not round that area :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

Oh please :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

Not to mention the numerous Rugby League grounds.
  • Options
    Like Edgeley Park

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohahhmortimer[/cite]well i'm sure it's one of the reasons that we've sold a pathetic 453 so far as well as christmas time around the corner and not forgetting our poor run of form and position in the table ....joke support FACT

Bore off
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]From what I saw of the pitch on SSN there is a load of sand all down one side of it, which is the part they're saying is unsafe to play on. If it's been unplayable for football and rugby for the past 3 weeks, then I'll be surprised if it suddenly becomes playable in just 3 days. Even if it doesn't rain it'll surely need long periods of warm sunshine to dry it all out, which I can't see happening in Stockport in December. So I wouldn't be surprised if it is postponed as early as Friday.

Not good for the fans who've made their travel arrangements already, but for the team it might be a good thing. For one, we get a game in hand on the teams chasing us - and two, when the game does get replayed it'll hopefully be on a pitch that'll be less of a leveler and will allow us to play some football.

Not to mention the players we have on 4 yellows. This could be a godsend for the match against the scum.
  • Options
    If the pitch was bad enough for a rugby match to be postponed, god only knows how they propose to play football on it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]From what I saw of the pitch on SSN there is a load of sand all down one side of it, which is the part they're saying is unsafe to play on. If it's been unplayable for football and rugby for the past 3 weeks, then I'll be surprised if it suddenly becomes playable in just 3 days. Even if it doesn't rain it'll surely need long periods of warm sunshine to dry it all out, which I can't see happening in Stockport in December. So I wouldn't be surprised if it is postponed as early as Friday.

Not to mention the players we have on 4 yellows. This could be a godsend for the match against the scum.

True but even if its called off they'll be suspended at some point soon. If they're booked against Millwall they'll miss Swindon who are flying at the moment so there's no good time to be suspended really.
    Who do we have on 4 yellows anyway?
  • Options
    Llera
    McLeod
    Youga
    Dailly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Llera
    McLeod
    Youga
    Dailly

No major concerns there.
    Llera probably won't play against Stockport anyway, McLeod is rubbish, Dailly can be covered by Llera if he gets a 5th booking so it's only Youga that worries me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Like Edgeley Park

;o)

Thats a Rugby Union ground!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2009
    Unfortauntely Maccs are at home on Saturday though.

"Despite the problems caused by what the Hatters cite as "unprecedented rainfall, failure of the pitch's drainage system and an area of damage on the pitch caused by contractors", the club are confident this weekend's home League One clash against Charlton will go ahead."
  • Options
    If they think our game can go ahead on Saturday, then why have they switched their following match to another stadium?