Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockports Pitch (Playable, but inspection at 9.30am tomorrow, page 3)

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]If they think our game can go ahead on Saturday, then why have they switched their following match to another stadium?

Agree that is pretty silly.
  • Options
    Northwich haven't got a game this weekend, so I don't know why Stockport didn't approach us last week to see if we could accommodate them ?
    Maybe our ground capacity is too small and not 'league approved' ?
    I have been talking to a Stockport fan lately and they expect the pitch to get worse - the Sharks own the ground and don't want them there. What a waste of a once good pitch being hammered by 15 gorillas - I'm sure a farmers field would suffice most rugby teams!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]If they think our game can go ahead on Saturday, then why have they switched their following match to another stadium?

Because the cup game must go ahead before the 3rd round weekend - switching venues will mean they can almost definitely meet that commitment. There's more time for them to reschedule our game in if it gets called off, so less pressure to make sure it goes ahead.
  • Options

Because ....... they are returfing the pitch between 12th and 20th December.

;o)
  • Options
    The game will go-ahead according to bbc radio london.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Once again i've no doubt that Oohaah is fully justified in his criticism as no doubt come rain or shine he'll be up there on saturday cheering the lads on............or maybe not.

up there or not my point stands , poor support for a team doing well
  • Options
    absolutely bucketing down at the liverpool match(they've just lost 1-2 to fiorentina in the last minute) that isn't too far from stockport i don't think
  • Options
    Rain for about an hour is expected tonight, then clear from about midnight through to Monday next week.

and shit shock horror, bingo bollocks isn't going to an away game again
  • Options
    pubs must have shut early
  • Options
    Raining now in Lancashire and will probably do so for the next few days....

It could end up looking like the Somme, only with more mud. Great for our passing game - no wonder Stockport won't call it off!

Referee might give them no choice....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel another stitch up coming along...........Stockport have switched their 2nd round FA cup tie , due to be played next tues,to Mose Rose - but are happy to play us on saturday before having ther pitch re-layed.......sound familiar ??
  • Options
    Ooooahhh in away support jibe shocker!

Only this time he's had to resort to nit-picking on advance sales numbers for a game that is very short odds to be called off. I can hear a barrel being furiously scraped.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Llera
    McLeod
    Youga
    Dailly

No major concerns there.
    Llera probably won't play against Stockport anyway, McLeod is rubbish, Dailly can be covered by Llera if he gets a 5th booking so it's only Youga that worries me.

Well if Llera AND Dailly got booked in the same game then there would be major concerns for the next game, regardless of who we're playing.
  • Options
    I heard on sky sports news last night that Stockport's FA Cup game against Torquay will be played at a nutural ground next Tuesday at nearby Macclesfield. Since Macclesfield are at home on Saturday I can only see that our game will either be postponed or be played at another nearby nutural ground.
  • Options
    keep up Davy ! Our game is going ahead at Stockport on saturday, despite the fact their FA cup tie has been switched.

Don't forget, a 2nd round FA cup tie between 2 teams who aren't likely to get past the the 4th round is emminently more important than a league game against a team who hasn't been out of the top 2 all season and looking good for promotion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    McLeod
    Youga
    Dailly

No major concerns there.
    Llera probably won't play against Stockport anyway, McLeod is rubbish, Dailly can be covered by Llera if he gets a 5th booking so it's only Youga that worries me.

Well if Llera AND Dailly got booked in the same game then there would be major concerns for the next game, regardless of who we're playing.

Well i'd have thought Sodje will be one of the CB's so it's highly unlikely both Dailly and Llera would both play to get booked.
  • Options
    I'm working in Manchester at the moment. The weather's been quite reasonable so far this week so I would hope they'd have got their pitch sorted!
  • Options
    Basically our game will go ahead (weather permitting), with the pitch half covered in sand. Only to be replaced after that, hence the cup game being moved.

I am getting a sense of Deja vu of playing a match on a sandy pitch......hmmmm those were the days.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    McLeod
    Youga
    Dailly

No major concerns there.

Well i'd have thought Sodje will be one of the CB's so it's highly unlikely both Dailly and Llera would both play to get booked.

When Sodje gets sent off in the first minute, Llera gets brought on for Mooney, then Llera and Dailly get booked you'll remember this little exchange :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Playable, but still an inspection at 9.30
  • Options
    mild frost, covers left on overnight, it'll be on.
  • Options
    Mist rolling in from the Mersey !!!

Closest ground to the Mersey ?

Goes into Partridge mode '' Not Liverpool, not Everton, not Tranmere but Stockport County Lynn It's Stockport County.
    BACK OF THE NET ''
  • Options
    mist rolling in from manchesters gay canal district
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [