Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jambos weigh up McLeod move / McLeod joins Peterboro on loan

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4803715.Jambos_weigh_up_McLeod_move/

Comments

• Options
    Before anyone asks, Jambos = jam tarts = Hearts.
  • Options
    Indeed. 'The talk of the toon are the boys in maroon,' as that crap song they have says.
  • Options
    I prefer them to Hibs!

It'll be good to see McLeod move on!
  • Options
    YES PERLEASE. GET RID.GET RID.
  • Options
    With a name like Mcleod...plus how shite he is, its fate that he should end up in jock land.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]With a name like Mcleod...plus how shite he is, its fate that he should end up in jock land.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................they may be going to offer us a reasonable fee.......well by Scottish standards that is!
  • Options
    I'd take two cans of irn-bru and a deep fried mars bar
  • Options
    Please let this be true. I utterly despise the man. A disgrace to the club and to the human race in general.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Please let this be true. I utterly despise the man. A disgrace to the club and to the human race in general.

Blimey...who rattled your cage VFR!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Please let this be true. I utterly despise the man. A disgrace to the club and to the human race in general.

Blimey...who rattled your cage VFR!!

a disgrace to the human race!!...lol, harsh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok.. perhaps a disgrace to the human race (unless it's in reference to the Madness tune "Embarrassment") is a little bit of an over-reaction but I really do not have any time for him, particularly after what he did in the FA cup. Sooner we are rid of him the better as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't want McLeod leaving, as his seemingly number 1 fan that would sure suck! :(
  • Options
    * forzajuve_27
    * CommentTime3 minutes ago

quote# 13
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't want McLeod leaving, as his seemingly number 1 fan that would sure suck! :(
    A joke... surely?
  • Options
    What i dont understand is that he is shit but still rated by other managers and clubs
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite][quote]* forzajuve_27
    * CommentTime3 minutes ago

quote# 13
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't want McLeod leaving, as his seemingly number 1 fan that would sure suck! :([/quote]

A joke... surely?[/quote]

No not at all, I really do like McLeod quite a lot and I hate that everyone seems to dislike him and show him no respect, yet they are more than happy to cheer his winning goals against Exeter and Huddersfield that might well really count at the end of the season. Parky said himself that McLeod has the ability to score some vital goals for us this season and I believe he can add to the ones hes gotten. Everyone seems to have really turned on him since that elbow but to be honest I really don't care! Yes it was stupid at the time but hes been punished now so its time to forget it and move on its in the past! If Nicky Bailey did that no one would bat an eyelid!
  • Options
    Mcloed is unfortunately ...... a little bit rubbish
  • Options
    To be fair, I have openly criticised him but his performance against Huddersfield was good and at that point I agree with Parky that he could be an important player. However his elbow was disgraceful and it is not the first time he has done such a thing (He got sent off a few times for MK Dons for elbows). Also since the Northwich game, Mooney has taken his chance as has Sodje. They are now not only ahead in the pecking order but also much more favoured by over 95% of fans.

Also I would place McKenzie ahead of McLeod, I say let Hearts have him to get him off wage bill and maybe give us a little bit of the million or so we wasted on him!
  • Options
    Fair point cafcdan18, but I would rather have McLeod on the bench than 2 of Sodje, McKenzie and Mooney just because of his pace and how he can unsettle defences and he offers something different to the others and I see Mooney, McKenzie and Sodje as just target men but I believe Sodje has something different with more pace than the other 2 and better shot technique, basically anything that Mooney and McKenzie can do I believe Sodje can do better. So if it was up to me my 4 strikers on a match day would be Burton, Sodje, Mooney and McLeod. On current form Mooney should be ahead of McLeod without a doubt but to me if we had to sell McLeod to buy Mooney in Janurary I wouldn't, but thats also because we have plenty of target men so if we were to sell McLeod but buy Simeon Jackson I wouldn't be that opposed to it.

Also I believe that McLeod has made a difference in every game he has played this season and I don't really think he has had a single bad game, apart from of course Northwich but we were all bad in that game.
  • Options
    Sodje jr is the player we wanted McCleod to be with speed, strength etc and Mooney to me offers something different in that its his movement etc that causes problems rather than pace. McKenzie if he can stay fit would probably be ahead of McCleod as well on the basis he does at least have an IQ above room temperature. Hell I'd even take Dickson ahead of McCleod, at least that way there is a chance the ball would end up in the net not the crowd. I wanted Izale to do well (believe it or not) but frankly it ain't gonna happen. Get rid ASAP and if we get a fee for him then thats a bonus but if it means a free then so be it.
  • Options
    forza....are you Izale McLeod? Or at least Izale McLeod's mum? Blind faith like that could only come from a relative - or the man himself!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he just hasn't done it at Charlton and I can't see that changing...maybe he will head somewhere else and prove us all wrong but i havn't seen a shred of evidence to say he will. Probably Pardew's most crazy signing. Would be delighted if we could sell and can only hope we find a club that is prepared to pay his wages without us subbing them which would hopefully free up some money to go get one or two others in (as I am sure i have read he is one of the higer earners here).
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well you guys are entitled to your opinions but I still want him at the club, if we were to get a good player in like Jackson at McLeod's expense than fair dos. I know McLeod hasn't done it at Charlton and I can completely understand why people don't think he ever will and I am beginning to lose faith as well. I have no problem with people disliking Izale but I don't like it when morons around me boo his name when it is read out on the teamsheet as whether you like or hate a player you should still get behind them for the good of the team! I still personally think he hasn't really had any bad games this season and if anyone wants to list a single game then I would be happy to debate it.

The reason why I like him as I have stated before is because I wanted him to do so well at Charlton and I still want to be vindicated for backing him. I remember talking to my mate ages ago and he said stupidly in our first game in the Championship "Semedo is a joke" and then later on said "Sam Sodje is better than Bougherra" and I was admant the whole time he was wrong and now he says that I was right, McLeod was another player he didn't believe in and at the same time fans around me and all of you guys started to dislike him, so I guess in a way I'm still looking for that "3rd win" not that I believe that many of you shared the same opinion as my friend with regards to Semedo and Bougherra but I just want to be right about a player.
  • Options
    In your posts you have mentioned Simeon Jackson, we are never going to be able to afford him and even if we could, Scally would never sell to us! I would not boo Izale whilst he is playing for Charlton but for the money he cost and the performances he has give, I think fans are vindicated in criticising him. Not that I want to turn this into a Dickson debate but imo McLeod has had more of a chance than him and has generally disappointed.
  • Options
    I think if we had the money possibly from selling Izale than we could get Jackson perhaps also if we included Dickson in the deal whether it be a loan or sale. I'm glad that you wouldn't boo Izale but there are some idiots that do, theres a bloke that sits top of the block where I sit who I guess opposite to me has a blind hatred of Izale, like when Mooney played well in the MK Dons game he decided to shout out "Thats what you should be doing McLeod you worthless piece of shit" and that is ridiculous to do that. Obviously this season McLeod has had more of a chance than Dickson but like I said I don't think he has played that badly in the appearances that he has made. Who knows Dickson might do a better job but the reason why Parky has opted for McLeod over Dickson is because he has had the better attitude and at the end of the day I would rather have someone out there who is playing for the Charlton shirt and not someone out for themselves.
  • Options
    I don't boo McCleod and I don't intend to, simply because he is a Charlton player and I don't as a rule boo our own players. I really don't care though if McCleod is playing for CAFC or for himself as the fact remains that whoever he's playing for he is doing a terrible job of it... IMHO.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Well you guys are entitled to your opinions but I still want him at the club, if we were to get a good player in like Jackson at McLeod's expense than fair dos. I know McLeod hasn't done it at Charlton and I can completely understand why people don't think he ever will and I am beginning to lose faith as well. I have no problem with people disliking Izale but I don't like it when morons around me boo his name when it is read out on the teamsheet as whether you like or hate a player you should still get behind them for the good of the team! I still personally think he hasn't really had any bad games this season and if anyone wants to list a single game then I would be happy to debate it.

The reason why I like him as I have stated before is because I wanted him to do so well at Charlton and I still want to be vindicated for backing him. I remember talking to my mate ages ago and he said stupidly in our first game in the Championship "Semedo is a joke" and then later on said "Sam Sodje is better than Bougherra" and I was admant the whole time he was wrong and now he says that I was right, McLeod was another player he didn't believe in and at the same time fans around me and all of you guys started to dislike him, so I guess in a way I'm still looking for that "3rd win" not that I believe that many of you shared the same opinion as my friend with regards to Semedo and Bougherra but I just want to be right about a player.

Sam Sodje is better than Bougherra.
  • Options
    "Chris Dickson is back next week"? Interesting.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]"Chris Dickson is back next week"? Interesting.
    Listening to the radio this morning, not for long. It seems as though the club want rid in Jan.

Could be good business if it's mean we can make an offer to keep Akpo, and maybe even Mooney.
  • Options
    Ooo to oo to be, oo to be a Hibbee
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Also I believe that McLeod has made a difference in every game he has played this season and I don't really think he has had a single bad game, apart from of course Northwich but we were all bad in that game.
    You really do rate him don't you, he has made a difference in games, but he's had plenty of poor performances. For me he's not significantly better than Dickson when it comes to holding up the ball, ability in the air, his passing or touch as some suggest. Both are poor in those areas, but it seems McLeod got a chance here because he was willing to fight for his place, work hard in training and just get on with it.

At League One level when he comes on we do create chances, but that doesn't mean he's a particularly good player.

I want him to do well, and he's useful at this level, but for me if we want to get promoted he's got to be not much more than a sub. I'll be very surprised if he ever scores more than the odd goal at Championship level, might sound harsh but if we want to progress to anything more than a big club in League One players like McLeod will have to eventually move on and be replaced by better players.

Fair point about booing him, I agree with you there, if he's playing everyone should at least get behind him at the game.
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Sam Sodje is better than Bougherra.
    For us or now? Sodje is a reliable player, very good at this level, useful at Championship level but nothing more. Bougherra if he's improved as much as Rangers fans suggest will end up in the Prem sooner or later. Be interesting to see how well he does if he gets that chance.