Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jambos weigh up McLeod move / McLeod joins Peterboro on loan

124»

Comments

• Options
    Is this a perm move to Peterborough or a loan?
  • Options
    Just to add a little more info to the McLeod saga, this is what Posh boss Mark Cooper had to say about our talented striker:

Cooper said: "Izale is very quick and very strong, just the sort of player we need. His scoring record was outstanding at MK and if we can get him back close to that sort of form we will have a very good player on our hands.
    "I'm pleased to have got Reuben on board as well. He can play wide on the right or as a central striker so we will have good options up front.
    "You can't have enough quality and if we get Reuben and Izale we will have several forwards capable of troubling Championship sides."
  • Options
    Mcleod deal back on

Date: 09 January 2010

The Evening Telegraph understands that a deal to bring Charlton striker Izale Mcleod on loan to London Road was completed last night.
    Mcleod's wage demands had caused the transfer to fall through yesterday afternoon, but the player travalled with the rest of the squad to Tenerife today.
    Fellow newcomers Reuben Reid and Jake Livermore were also in the travelling party
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Just to add a little more info to the McLeod saga, this is what Posh boss Mark Cooper had to say about our talented striker:

Cooper said: "Izale is very quick and very strong, just the sort of player we need. His scoring record was outstanding at MK and if we can get him back close to that sort of form we will have a very good player on our hands.
    "I'm pleased to have got Reuben on board as well. He can play wide on the right or as a central striker so we will have good options up front.
    "You can't have enough quality and if we get Reuben and Izale we will have several forwards capable of troubling Championship sides."
    Very strong - he obviously hasn't seen him play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cooper[/cite]Izale is very quick and very strong, just the sort of player we need. His scoring record was outstanding at MK and if we can get him back close to that sort of form we will have a very good player on our hands.
    Yeah, we tried that. Difference is at MK he was the golden boy, cut a lot of slack, had his faults overlooked and allowed to do as he wished. At a bigger team in a higher league, with better players around him, that's not going to be the case, and that's why I think he'll continue to suck until he gets himself a little pond to be the main attraction in.
  • Options
    I am not so sure, I think Peterbrough create a lot and have been know to play attacking football. This could suit Izale as he is a bit like a lower division Andy Cole, needs a few chances to get 1 goal. Let us not forget even in the Champ, Izale did show 1 or 2 signs of looking a decent player (Norwich at home, WBA away). Stranger things have happened than McLeod going up a league and looking a real handful and the type of player we though that we had signed!
  • Options
    McLeod is a confidence player.

After his cup penalty miss and the chance he missed at Palace early on, he just never had any at Charlton.
  • Options
    what Oggy said.

We overpaid on the fee and wages. Hope that that this frees up a bit of spare dosh to bring in some other players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]McLeod is a confidence player.

After his cup penalty miss and the chance he missed at Palace early on, he just never had any at Charlton.[/quote]

Maybe, personally I never saw anything to suggest he had what it takes to suceed at this level.

Some players like Chris Dickson are raw but have enough good attributes to make you think that you can maybe train them into a decent player. Izale never looked like that to me, he's got pace but lacks strength, technique, movement and footballing intelligence.

Good luck to him anyway, despite being unpopular with the fans he never mouthed off and it was never his fault that we overpayed for him.
  • Options
    Still not on our OS.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]McLeod is a confidence player.

After his cup penalty miss and the chance he missed at Palace early on, he just never had any at Charlton.
    A confidence player who isn't up to Championship football, neither can he handle the pressure of a bigger club. Bad combination.

Agree with (1984), he just isn't good enough. Having confidence would help, but I don't see much to his game in comparison to other strikers we've had and still have. Does get into some good positions, has pace, so is a threat in this league. Though we want to get promoted, so for him to play he needed a bit more quality to go with that.
  • Options
    So how much of his wages will we still be paying i wonder ?
  • Options
    Peterbrough are a divsion above and have a wealthy owner, I think they will be paying 50% or more of his wages.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]So how much of his wages will we still be paying i wonder ?

I reckon Peterborough are paying a higher percentage of his wages than Hearts.
  • Options
    "......my biggest fear, as editor of this site, is that we`ve signed a player from a division below us who couldn`t even secure a place in their starting eleven!"

Be afraid, Mr Editor, be very afraid.
  • Options
    McLeod subbed on 33 minutes as Peterborough lose 3-0 at home.

I think he got subbed to allow Posh to bring on a defender after a red-card.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised they considered him expendable.
  • Options

Have always thought the same.

Was that the cup game against Stockport?. I'm sure it was more of a save than miss...remember thinking at the the time that it was quite harsh that Zheng took the ball off him. Hi visably wilted in that game after that.
  • Options
    missed a one on one according to fivelive when it was 0 0.
  • Options
    Everybody is a confidence player. He's unlikely to become more confident due to being not very good at football.

Interesting that he bought a house in Luton (hardly a handy commute from SE London). Suspect this kind of a move has been in the offing for a while.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    Everybody is a confidence player. He's unlikely to become more confident due to being not very good at football.

Interesting that he bought a house in Luton (hardly a handy commute from SE London). Suspect this kind of a move has been in the offing for a while.

Why would anyone choose to live in Luton?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

Why would anyone choose to live in Luton?!

Becaus McLeod is a confidence player.

He's confident he'll be playing for Luton in the Conference next season.
  • Options
    Or maybe I should have said:

"Because McLeod is a Conference player."

Now that's one way to get most people to agree with me !

;o)
  • Options
    Despite his miss on Sat, it still may not be that big of a shock to see him do well there. From what I have seen, McLeod needs at least one-three chances to score, Peterboro tend to create a lot and his pace can cause problems. Someone said the pen miss and Palace miss affected Izale for us so maybe if he hits the ground running there and gets a goal in the next game, he could do well.
  • Options
    The Hearts Manager has today been sacked, after he was found to know nothing about football, following his attempt to sign McClown, who he considered to be a good player.