Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jambos weigh up McLeod move / McLeod joins Peterboro on loan

Comments

• Options
    To get him off the wage bill, would be immense. But therein is the problem I wouldn't be surprised if he earns more than nearly all the players at Hearts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]To get him off the wage bill, would be immense. But therein is the problem I wouldn't be surprised if he earns more than nearly all the players at Hearts.

If he goes it'll be on-loan with us presumably still paying some of his wages.
  • Options
    I reckon McLeod would probably do well in the SPL, when you think a player like Anthony Stokes scored for fun at Falkirk and is doing ok now at Hibs could not hit a barn door for Sunderland, Sheff United or Palace on loan, McLeod could be the same. Let's hope if he goes on loan and does well, we may get a decent fee!
  • Options
    From the Daily Record today

"Hearts are to hold talks with Charlton striker Izale McLeod in the next 24 hours with a view to taking the former England Under-21 star on loan in January.

The former Derby marksman is expected to train with Csaba Laszlo's side this morning before thrashing out a deal for a temporary move.

Laszlo sees the 25-year-old, who cost the Addicks £1.1million when he signed from MK Dons in 2007, as a solution to his striking problems. If McLeod does join, it will be second time lucky for Hearts after they failed to agree a price with Charlton over a permanent transfer in the summer.

McLeod's agent Tony Finnigan said: "In the last transfer window I spoke to Hearts director Sergi Fedotovas but they could not agree a price.

"We left it at that but they have chased it up again and are talking about a loan.

Izale is not on massive wages so that side of it should be okay."

Charlton manager Phil Parkinson is willing to allow McLeod to leave on loan as the striker has made just six starts for the League One promotion hopefuls this term although he has netted three goals.

If there are no obstacles raised during the discussions, McLeod could sign in time to make his debut in the Edinburgh derby at Easter Road on January 3."
  • Options
    if he goes and with Mooney injured and Sodje subject to a 48 hr recall we'd be left with Burton, injury prone McKenzie, off form Dickson and Tuna. I say keep McLeod unless we have another striker joining immediately.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]if he goes and with Mooney injured and Sodje subject to a 48 hr recall we'd be left with Burton, injury prone McKenzie, off form Dickson and Tuna. I say keep McLeod unless we have another striker joining immediately.

i think Sodje will sign on a 18 month deal in Jan and maybe get one more in on loan if Mooney is out for a while.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]if he goes and with Mooney injured and Sodje subject to a 48 hr recall we'd be left with Burton, injury prone McKenzie, off form Dickson and Tuna. I say keep McLeod unless we have another striker joining immediately.

i think Sodje will sign on a 18 month deal in Jan and maybe get one more in on loan if Mooney is out for a while.

I'll accept that it is the first time I have seen him live but Sodje was dire on saturday. Didn't think he looked any better than Mcloed to be honest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Before anyone asks, Jambos = jam tarts = Hearts.

O dear common sense :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]From the Daily Record today

"Hearts are to hold talks with Charlton striker Izale McLeod in the next 24 hours with a view to taking the former England Under-21 star on loan in January.

[u]The former Derby marksman is expected to train with Csaba Laszlo's side this morning before thrashing out a deal for a temporary move.[/u][/quote]

Well that sucks!
  • Options
    Sounds like the negotiations between the two clubs have been settled, hopefully he'll make a success of this loan move. Presumably now his wages, or at least some of them, are off the books we can make either the Mooney or Sodje deal permanent. Just got to hope that Bristol Rovers sign Dickson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was due to travel up this week for discussions with Hearts (probably together with his agent) but the bad weather has prevented this from happening.
  • Options
    ive got a bad feeling about this one tbh, yes im not his biggest fan but with a bit more confidence he would be a good player

we will see i reckon after a few games in the side he will start scoring like all strikers do when they leave us, would have preferred loan only and come back when firing

But Gaffer knows best! who am i to argue we are 2nd in the league ;-)
  • Options
    "Csaba Laszlo has confirmed he plans to sign Charlton striker Izale MacLeod on loan until the end of the season.

Former England Under-21 international MacLeod had been due to fly to Edinburgh on Tuesday to meet Laszlo and train with the squad. The freezing weather conditions forced a postponement and the 25-year-old is now due at Hearts next week.

"At the moment, I think everybody knows that I am very interested in a player who will next week be here and I hope we can have an agreement between the clubs to take on loan," said Laszlo.

"Next week, Monday, the guy is here and he has also the interest to come to us; we have also the interest from me to meet the guy.

"I've seen the player a few times and now is the possibility to meet him personally and get him in training and he accepted this.

"Now I would like to test him.

"For me, it's very important that now a lot of players have an interest in coming to this club and to work with us."

Laszlo missed out on signing MacLeod in the summer after Hearts and Charlton failed to agree on a transfer fee.

Laszlo added: "This guy has international experience. He played for England Under-21.

"He is a scorer - and he has a Scottish name!"
  • Options
    Surely we should wait for the results on Mooney's scan before we agree to let McLeod go.

Otherwise as someone said on the previous page we're left with Burton, McKenzie who's always injured and Sodje who could be recalled at any time. Tuna has gone to Staines and who knows where Dickson fits in.
  • Options
    I think that we can infer from this that he's made up his mind about Shizzle and (possibly) that if Mooney is facing a lengthy lay off that he's got his eye on another forward.
  • Options
    What happens though if Mooney is out for a while and Sodje is wanted back by Wednesday, surely Parky would want McLeod to stay. Unfortunately that would leave us with Burton (carrying a hernia), McKenzie (injury prone) and Dickson
  • Options
    Getting rid of Mcleod and his wages free's up money to possibly buy A. Sodje and/or Mooney and pay their wages.

We know about how the McLeod deal is progressing but not if other deals are lined up as well. Dickson and Moo2 could also be sold to or be loaned to at least free up wages.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both the strikers come in permanently or at least on extended loans. Mooney's injury will be a big factor their

Also wouldn't be shocked to see a left sided midfielder, such as Jason Puncheon, and a central defender come in but all will depend on clearing the decks first hence McLeod going home to Scotland.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Laszlo added: "This guy has international experience. He played for England Under-21.

"He is a scorer - and he has a Scottish name!"

Now that really is funny. I reckon he thinks he's 6 foot tall, white with lots of ginger hair.

I'm a bit worried about the test though, unless it's for forearm smashes and shirt removing.
  • Options
    Happy Christmas....

Plymouth striker Steven MacLean is having a trial with Hearts. The Clydesdale Bank Premier League club announced that MacLean would be assessed by manager Csaba Laszlo this week. (Press Association)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mooney is out for over a month. Sodje due to go back, McLeod will stay with us imo until we can bring someone in
  • Options
    Thats the way you should do it, let em go when we get the cover.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Happy Christmas....

Plymouth striker Steven MacLean is having a trial with Hearts. The Clydesdale Bank Premier League club announced that MacLean would be assessed by manager Csaba Laszlo this week. (Press Association)
    Lucky escape for Hearts?
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Mooney is out for over a month. Sodje due to go back, McLeod will stay with us imo until we can bring someone in
    That's most likely I think, often happens like that. Will probably see a loan extended or a new striker come in around the same time we let McLeod or maybe even Dickson go.
  • Options
    NNNNOOOOOO f**k off Mcleod no one likes you and never will.
  • Options
    Hearts OS reporting McLeod is training with them this morning.
  • Options
    Must have been dropped off the bus at heathrow!!
  • Options
    Got a Taxi from Griffin Park round the corner to Heathrow.

Cost a fiver. Parky gave him the money out of his own pocket.

;o)
  • Options
    He looks delighted to be there, on trial according to their OS. Of course I won't believe anything til it's on ours :)
  • Options
    well, if we have allowed him to go there then either Sodje must be staying or another is coming in immediately. Mooney is weeks away and by then Reading may change their mind.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]well, if we have allowed him to go there then either Sodje must be staying or another is coming in immediately. Mooney is weeks away and by then Reading may change their mind.[/quote]

Phillips? Let's reignite that rumour, it makes me happy!