Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dexter

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: alicwkd[/cite]DeeDee, get out of my laboratory! wrong Dexter?
    LOL - yeah... but that was awesome too :o)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Are you watching series 4 on the interweb ?
    Does anyone know when it will be shown on tv over here - think FX normally have it first.[/quote]
    Friday! Trailers look good. Hope it'll be a return to the heights of the first season[/quote]
    You can't possibly imagine how good this series is. Outrageously awesome, from start to finish.[/quote]

Its quality, John Lithgow is immense. Jawdropping series.

IF YOU HAVENT SEEN SEASON 4 DO NOT WATCH ANY TRAILERS FOR SERIES 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    You thought that Lost was great though... :-)

Or was that all a 6 year dream?
  • Options
    There has been some quality US TV in recent years. I haven't seen Dexter, so I can't comment. However, I do love Fringe, the Wire & NCIS. If you haven't seen NCIS give it a go, it really does grow on you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]You thought that Lost was great though... :-)

Or was that all a 6 year dream?

Lost is wishy washy rubbish. Dexter however truly is awesome. Unlike Lost, I don't know a single person who's watched Dexter and not liked it.
  • Options
    Like CPL says, DON'T watch trailers for S5 until you've seen S4

And Lost WAS fucking awesome. Dexter is better though. Best tv show I've ever seen, as a matter of fact.
  • Options
    Time to bump this. Anyone watching season 5 already will know that it has ramped the tension right up in the last few episodes. Last Sunday's was unbelievable - one of the top three episodes ever. So far this is turning out to vie for season 1 as my favourite - if they're as good as the last one, the final two episodes of this season will be the best television ever broadcast
  • Options
    ?

I saw some on FX HD that finished a month or so ago, is that the same series being re-shown elsewhere? Does it involve Trinity?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    No - season 5 (Trinity was last season)
  • Options
    ooooooh what is that on?

Will not be the same without Dexter's hot Mrs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not seen any yet Leroy, I can't wait week on week to watch this so download them all and smash through them in a couple of days.

Turning out to be a good series then? I've found these just get better and better (series 3 aside).
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Not seen any yet Leroy, I can't wait week on week to watch this so download them all and smash through them in a couple of days.

Turning out to be a good series then? I've found these just get better and better (series 3 aside).
    Yeah. A load of people moaning about it early on - none of them moaning now! The main guest character this season is, IMHO, incredible - and the writing for them is brilliant. Wish I had the patience to wait and download them all & watch them in one go. I did this with Lost (caught up halfway through the fifth season) and it made it perfect.
  • Options
    I've done exactly that Leroy. Not watched a single one and downloaded the whole lot ready for a xmas extravaganza. Cant wait and glad to hear it's that good!
  • Options
    Season 5 has definitely grown on me.

Couldn't take the relationship between the main characters seriously at first.

I was planning on downloading the lot to watch in a couple of days but couldn't resist.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Season 5 has definitely grown on me.

Couldn't take the relationship between the main characters seriously at first.

I was planning on downloading the lot to watch in a couple of days but couldn't resist.
    The relationship dynamic is fantastic now - the last three episodes have dealt with it brilliantly. The end of the last episode (10) was superbly done.
  • Options
    Sorry - on what station are they showing season 5 Leroy?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Sorry - on what station are they showing season 5 Leroy?
    They're not - I download them. Can't wait the ten months it takes telly over here to get them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    They're not - I download them. Can't wait the ten months it takes telly over here to get them

From where?
  • Options
    Use EZTV......there all on there apparently.

Or fileserve.
  • Options
    Yeah - you need a torrent client - utorrent is a good choice. Then, once installed, head on over to eztv.it and get them from there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched the season six finale.

HOLY F***ING F***!

Best. Show. Ever.
  • Options
    Saved them all up as I can't bare to wait each week, I'll smash through them tonight and tomorrow. Can't wait! So glad it's been renewed for another two series.
  • Options
    Getting Season 5 on DVD for xmas, at last.
  • Options
    Surprised there's so much love, it's been the law of diminishing returns for a while for me.  I reckon Dex could wander round the cop shop kicking the dismembered head of recently murdered bad guy that they're all searching for, and none of the detectives would tumble him. 
  • Options
    I gave up on Dexter a couple of years ago.. The girl who plays hs sister is so annoying it was spoiling it for me.
  • Options
    Watched up to the end of Series 4 and loved it. A little birdy tells me that Series 5 is in the Christmas stocking and I can't frakkin' wait.
  • Options
    Surprised there's so much love, it's been the law of diminishing returns for a while for me.  I reckon Dex could wander round the cop shop kicking the dismembered head of recently murdered bad guy that they're all searching for, and none of the detectives would tumble him. 
    It's entertainment, not a documentary.
  • Options
    Although I disagree, McLovin, I do know what you mean - the last few series have not been as gripping or convincing as the first two, but what they've done really well is cast villains brilliantly. John Lithgow's performance in series 4 was simply outstanding.
    To my mind, they hit their worst point in series three (with that annoying bitch out of Hustle) but have recovered pretty well. (I've not seen series 6 yet, though - NO SPOILERS LEROY!)

One last thing - I know lots of people love her, but I can't stand Deb. I don't see anything likeable about her at all and always find myself hoping this is going to be the season where some bad guy kills her off.
  • Options
    Although I disagree, McLovin, I do know what you mean - the last few series have not been as gripping or convincing as the first two, but what they've done really well is cast villains brilliantly. John Lithgow's performance in series 4 was simply outstanding.
    To my mind, they hit their worst point in series three (with that annoying bitch out of Hustle) but have recovered pretty well. (I've not seen series 6 yet, though - NO SPOILERS LEROY!)

One last thing - I know lots of people love her, but I can't stand Deb. I don't see anything likeable about her at all and always find myself hoping this is going to be the season where some bad guy kills her off.
    that was series 2 - which blows your theory about the series getting worse from series 3 onwards out of the water :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bedsaddick - just saw your post - I know EXACTLY what you mean. I'm glad I've stuck with it though!