Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dexter

13»

Comments

• Options
    To my mind, they hit their worst point in series three (with that annoying bitch out of Hustle)

She did spend a lot of her time naked though, which is never a bad thing.
  • Options
    Although I disagree, McLovin, I do know what you mean - the last few series have not been as gripping or convincing as the first two, but what they've done really well is cast villains brilliantly. John Lithgow's performance in series 4 was simply outstanding.
    To my mind, they hit their worst point in series three (with that annoying bitch out of Hustle) but have recovered pretty well. (I've not seen series 6 yet, though - NO SPOILERS LEROY!)

One last thing - I know lots of people love her, but I can't stand Deb. I don't see anything likeable about her at all and always find myself hoping this is going to be the season where some bad guy kills her off.
    that was series 2 - which blows your theory about the series getting worse from series 3 onwards out of the water :)
    You're probably right - I always get the series with Hustle bitch and the series with Jimmy Smits in the wrong order.
  • Options
    Watched the season 6 finale last night.

My reaction as the closing credits rolled was to scream "oh fuck off" at the TV.

Was very good and the plot is now aligning with the books.
  • Options
    Watched the season 6 finale last night.

My reaction as the closing credits rolled was to scream "oh fuck off" at the TV.

Was very good and the plot is now aligning with the books.
    That's exactly what I did - to the letter! Awesome entertainment - and Michael C Hall is as fantastic as ever (even though one of the lines right at the end was absolutely corny as hell)
  • Options

Got to stop reading this - need to catch up on series 5 first.

Come on Santa !!!!!

• Options
    Just watched the series 6 finale too... absolutely fantastic! Might have to check out the books now.
  • Options
    The last 4 series were infantile crap.  I keep falling for interesting trailers and people on here assuring me that it's wonderful only to be served up more gash with more loose ends than bowl of spag bol.  ...And yet I'm intrigued by the comments about Series 6.  Ah well another few hours watching his idiot sister blundering into the clutches of cackling baddy, his dad's ghost advising morally dubious advice that he ultimately rejects and blood soaked Dex narrowly avoiding his polis buddies by nano-seconds and hiding behind a box while they sweep yet another hurriedly put together kill room.
  • Options
    @Mortimerician, can't help but think you're being a tad twatish, for lack of a better word! Dexter is well crafted, good entertainment and much more than mere infantile crap!
  • Options
    The last 4 series were infantile crap.  I keep falling for interesting trailers and people on here assuring me that it's wonderful only to be served up more gash with more loose ends than bowl of spag bol.  ...And yet I'm intrigued by the comments about Series 6.  Ah well another few hours watching his idiot sister blundering into the clutches of cackling baddy, his dad's ghost advising morally dubious advice that he ultimately rejects and blood soaked Dex narrowly avoiding his polis buddies by nano-seconds and hiding behind a box while they sweep yet another hurriedly put together kill room.
    Once again - entertainment, not documentary. Not sure whether you're aware of this - but television isn't like 'real life'. It would be f***ing dull indeed if Dexter had been caught five and a half seasons ago, wouldn't it? Or if - instead of showing him chasing villains, Hawaii Five-O filmed McGarrett doing paperwork for an hour? Or if Lost showed a scene involving some smouldering bits of a plane and 300 slowly decomposing bodies lying on the beach next to it for six years. It's television. Suspension of disbelief is required to enjoy it.
  • Options
    What did everyone think of the latest series of this then? Had the odd nice twist and some flash backs that made me go and watch the first two series again (Doakes was a great character). Always thought each series got better and better but think they may have peaked last year. Either way, cracking show.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I loved the last series. Think series 5 with Lumen was my favourite (love that character) but Yvonne Strahovski was excellent as well in this series. Usually the 'love interest' in shows bores me shitless, but the women in Dexter have all been brilliant in totally different ways.

Thought they dealt with the whole 'Debs finding out' thing really well, and there were some really good scenes scattered throughout the series. My one criticism is that it seems to have lost the little bits of random humour the show used to have. It's still funny, but the dialogue's not as 'snappy' as it used to be.

Either way, it's still my favourite tv programme ever.
  • Options
    Without reading Leroys or polo post (for fear of spoilers). Love the show but feel this season should be the last. Can't really see how they can take it any further, but might change my mind by the end of this series. Only seen first 4 episodes so far and will be catching up very shortly.................