Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

For Southeastern commuters tomorrow

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
Thankfully I'm off now but good luck for tomorrow....

"Tuesday 22 December
Due to continued icy weather conditions in the South East, we are operating a Saturday timetable service tomorrow on mainline, metro and high speed routes.

However we will be running a normal weekday service for Thameslink trains via Blackfriars.

There will be additional high speed services throughout the day, and a shuttle service between London Bridge and Cannon Street during the morning and evening peaks.

Southeastern
Last updated: 16:00"

Comments

• Medders, you git!

I could almost feel the smile as you typed: Thankfully I'm off now but good luck for tomorrow....
  • It's been raining all day and all the frost/ ice has disappeared ....
  • Train drivers started their Christmas holidays already then!
  • its been raining all day until 4pm when it started snowing!
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Medders, you git!

I could almost feel the smile as you typed:Thankfully I'm off now but good luck for tomorrow....

Mate, I'm just not like that...

MWAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA

;-)
  • my only response if to say they are a bunch of steaming, monkey sputum covered, git munchers and I hope someone steals their shoes when they are not looking.
  • alex he wouldn't have been smiling because he would have had his mouth full of food.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]alex he wouldn't have been smiling because he would have had his mouth full of food.

Whereas you just arent capable of smiling, you miserable old runt! ;-)
  • Presumably if it's a Saturday service then they'll only be charging the Off-Peak ticket price for travelling during the rush hour, same as if you were travelling on a Saturday at half 8 in the morning, yes? Didn't think so, jokers.
  • snow is settling on the pavements and side roads my end of Bishopsgate. However, reckon South Eastern have taken advantage of the lack of passengers this week to scale down services.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]snow is settling on the pavements and side roads my end of Bishopsgate.

Ah what?! Too busy worrying about the Mrs getting home that I've only just looked out of the window, also Bishopsgate, and seen the snow falling. B'locks!!!!
  • just round corner from there, same story, loads of snow and all turning whiter than a jim davidson concert.
  • too busy eating more like it
  • [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Presumably if it's a Saturday service then they'll only be charging the Off-Peak ticket price for travelling during the rush hour, same as if you were travelling on a Saturday at half 8 in the morning, yes? Didn't think so, jokers.
    It's the same in the period between Christmas & the New Year - I have an argument with them every year. I never win, but I enjoy the argument!!
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Presumably if it's a Saturday service then they'll only be charging the Off-Peak ticket price for travelling during the rush hour, same as if you were travelling on a Saturday at half 8 in the morning, yes? Didn't think so, jokers.
    It's the same in the period between Christmas & the New Year - I have an argument with them every year. I never win, but I enjoy the argument!!

I took it all the way one year through the Passenger Focus lot and Travelwatch, took months but they still said that Southeastern could get away with it! As long as they run an "enhanced" service, they are offering more than a basic Saturday service so can charge more. Enhanced can mean two trains extra a day!!!
  • and then they wonder why i dont pay.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]and then they wonder why i dont pay.

LOL
  • Was on HS1 earlier, and it was rammed with Eurostar passengers heading to Dover/Folkstone. Good luck, SE London has just got a thick blanket of snow
  • You call that a thick blanket? :-)
  • Thank god I am off.......that means there are only 3 people in Bexley village that are working and two of them are sick at present.........! at least judging by the crowds mid afternoon at Bluewater
  • Sponsored links:

• I made it in from the
    coast today, even if it did take 3 and a half hours, and am on my 3rd train home now as had to keep changing trains to get there. Won't bother tomorrow. They do anything not to run a normal service at any time of year so a bit of snow is all they need for the network to grind to a halt. Spent an hour and a half on a broken down train outside Ashford this morning and now two and a half hours getting home, so far. Still I only have to pay them £3800 a year out of my take home pay, so I should be grateful.
  • Sorry to hear your tale of woe Steve...... When will this country invest in fast, clean, fit for purpose transport services . For almost 40 years I have commuted up to the smoke, on a promise of Jam tommorow...... all to find out that it is a' traffic Jam'.
  • I left work early and managed thankfully to get a train from London Bridge. Just before they shut it due to overcrowding. Nightmare.

When I asked about the Saturday service at Dartford station i got this reply: "F*cks sake mate, just keep walking, it's wet and busy here".

I just called him a tosser and walked away. I love paying circa £2k a year for that kind of service.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite] When I asked about the Saturday service at Dartford station i got this reply: "F*cks sake mate, just keep walking, it's wet and busy here".

Ha ha brilliant!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]When I asked about the Saturday service at Dartford station i got this reply: "F*cks sake mate, just keep walking, it's wet and busy here".

Ha ha brilliant!!

Probably the same knob who told me that we'd get spanked by Millwall.
  • It has just taken me an hour and a half to drive from the centre of Bromley to Bickley. I now have to decide how long to leave it before attempting to get to the Medway Towns. The traffic simply is not moving at all.
  • Most metro, mainline and high speed routes are open but operating a very limited service.

There are delays and cancellations on many services this evening which will continue until the end of the night.
    Snow is affecting services from central London. There is severe crowding at Cannon Street, Charing Cross, Waterloo East and London Bridge stations. Passengers are advised to use high speed services from St Pancras to travel to Ashford, Ramsgate and Dover.

Metro services to Bromley North and Dartford are among those being disrupted and delayed.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]It has just taken me an hour and a half to drive from the centre of Bromley to Bickley. I now have to decide how long to leave it before attempting to get to the Medway Towns. The traffic simply is not moving at all.

Mrs McMoist hasn't arrived home from Eltham yet. She left at 5.30 and we only live in Swanley. Traffic is horrendous by all accounts.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Passengers are advised to use high speed services from St Pancras to travel to Ashford, Ramsgate and Dover.
    Which, of course, are unaffected, and cost more. Cynic? Moi?

It's just taken me two hours to get from Park lane to Croydon - the missus walked from Walworth!
  • JOY JOY JOY

I got to London Bridge at 4:45 today for a train home.
    Would normally take 30 minutes.
    Just got in.
    I HATE SNOW