Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For Southeastern commuters tomorrow

Comments

• Options
    Whereas in Essex all is fine ;-)
  • Options
    We all moan about it, but it's true every time. Half an inch of snow and London grinds to a halt. I was at London Bridge when they shut it - fcuking joke. Trains were still running - and running virtually empty because no bugger could get into the station, so why shut it? Ridiculous.

My missus is currently driving back from her sisters in Portsmouth with the kids. Not happy about it - especially as fog seems to be setting in too - but not a damn thing I can do about it.
  • Options
    took 2 hrs 10 to drive from top of shooters hill to eltham church.
    going down shooters hill took an hour and a half. was like a vehicle graveyard with abandoned buses, vans etc at all kinds of angles.
  • Options
    Four hours for me, door-to-door...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]We all moan about it, but it's true every time. Half an inch of snow and London grinds to a halt. I was at London Bridge when they shut it - fcuking joke. Trains were still running - and running virtually empty because no bugger could get into the station, so why shut it? Ridiculous.

My missus is currently driving back from her sisters in Portsmouth with the kids. Not happy about it - especially as fog seems to be setting in too - but not a damn thing I can do about it.

I was in London bridge station when it was shut.
    The reason the trains were empty is because no one knew where they were going.
    Station staff, drivers and computer screen things. all clueless.
    Nice pasty and krispy kreme though
  • Options
    Picking up on Off_it's point about London Bridge, I changed there from Waterloo East at about 6.30 and a train for Charlton arrived just over five minutes later.

Was expecting it to be packed, and there to be a big crush to get on, but it was actually quieter than usual.

They might have closed the stations, but the trains themselves that I saw weren't actually that busy.
  • Options
    Most people who were hanging around were waiting for trains out of London. Kent Surrey Sussex and so on
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]It has just taken me an hour and a half to drive from the centre of Bromley to Bickley. I now have to decide how long to leave it before attempting to get to the Medway Towns. The traffic simply is not moving at all.

Mrs McMoist hasn't arrived home from Eltham yet. She left at 5.30 and we only live in Swanley. Traffic is horrendous by all accounts.

I ended up leaving Bickley at 8 and got home at 9:50. 1hr 15 minutes of that was spent getting to the A2. Once there no real problem.

I hope Mrs M arrived home safely.
  • Options
    got to Cannon Street just as Police were lifting up the corden, about 6.10pm. Straight onto a train on Platform 1, Barnehurst via Crayford. As I sat on it another Barnehurst via Bexleyheath pulled up alongside. Both left nearly empty, four people in my carraige. Told wife I'd walk home, please don't come and get me. 'it's allright here' she said (North Heath). No, I'll walk. She came to get me, said it wasn't fair seeing as I have sciatica at the moment and it's painful to walk. She'd changed her mind 80 minutes later after it had taken that long to go less than a mile !! Had to leave car at the top of our road as our steep close is like an Winter Olpympics bob sleigh run !!

Serioulsy, Bexleyheath to Erith is a main road and yet it was like an ice rink. A couple of times buses nearly slewed across the run into us. The Council's are a joke and it does make you wonder why exactly we pay our Council Tax. I just hope everyone gets home safely tonight.
  • Options
    Any train news this morning ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Any train news this morning ?

and you lot wonder why we are ridiculed as train spotters

i expect more from you sir
  • Options
    think i'm just going to stay at home today, don't want all that palarva again
  • Options
    Just had a mate text me saying that a lot of the trains out of Dartford are just 4 carriages long. What a joke.
  • Options
    Train news for afka:

The 8.56 gillingham to victoria was spoted comming out of groucho with david walliams.

The 7.34 dartford to charring x via greenwich downloaded RATM 12 times to stop joe getting number one.

The 6.55 dartford via sidcup says the gold takeover is still a possibilty.

Sports news;

The 12.23 the 10.56 and 23.12 and 22.57 are in trouble are sneaking off to dublin for a xmas party after the fat controller had banned all parties.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yep,fun and games this morning with the "enhanced" Saturday service..0635 from New Eltham arrived late and only 4 carriages long but thankfuly due to my svelte figure i managed to get on it,the train than ran fast to London Bridge from Mottingham as it was so packed.

I might not bother tomorrow.

Oh yeah and today is my birthday so i going home early :)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Just had a mate text me saying that a lot of the trains out of Dartford are just 4 carriages long. What a joke.

I was standing at the wrong end of the platform for the 6.03 from Sidcup and just made it before the driver closed the doors.

Silly me believed Southeastern's Statement "In order to provide extra capacity on their trains, Southeastern will be running trains with the maximum number of carriages wherever possible" meant that 8 carriages would be provided.
  • Options
    So much for their "we'll run as many carriages as possible" promise. Currently summing it on a Cattlewagon as HS trains are rammed. Well fcuk you se trains. You wanted my money for the upgrade yet you can't even run a proper service. Fcuking Crap!
  • Options
    oh i do miss commuting lol
  • Options
    I wonder who's idea it was to run a Saturday service and short trains today? I bet they get a bonus for this!!
  • Options
    working from home today, last night I got home from Croydon at 10pm, left at 5pm. No london bridge trains, went to victoria, the eltham trains from there are all cancelled. got the tube to north greenwich, no buses. walked to eltham. it was a long slow walk! not risking that again, NO WAY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 Carriages on my train this morning, at times I found it hard to breath.

Any idea where their HQs is? Myself and a few others want to brick it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]4 Carriages on my train this morning, at times I found it hard to breath.

Any idea where their HQs is? Myself and a few others want to brick it.

Their customer services address is a PO box number,i think they may be getting one or two letters/emails of complaint in the next few days..not that it'll make a blind bit of difference as they've got your ticket money so they don't give a s**t!
  • Options
    Registered office is in Newcastle!
  • Options
    No problems for me this morning, 8.01 from Dartford via Woolwich, 10 carriages and heating! Even got home on time last night after getting a train from London Bridge at 5.20. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Just had a mate text me saying that a lot of the trains out of Dartford are just 4 carriages long. What a joke.
    Yeah, snow will do that. At least the train staff got a lovely couple of days' holiday to enjoy the light dusting of snow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Yep,fun and games this morning with the "enhanced" Saturday service..0635 from New Eltham arrived late and only 4 carriages long but thankfuly due to my svelte figure i managed to get on it,the train than ran fast to London Bridge from Mottingham as it was so packed.

I was on that train.. had the pick of any seat when i got on at Greenhithe!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Yep,fun and games this morning with the "enhanced" Saturday service..0635 from New Eltham arrived late and only 4 carriages long but thankfuly due to my svelte figure i managed to get on it,the train than ran fast to London Bridge from Mottingham as it was so packed.

I was on that train.. had the pick of any seat when i got on at Greenhithe!

Arrrrgh!! :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Registered office is in Newcastle!
    That's cos they're now part of the "Go Ahead" group that started out as "Go Ahead Northern" bus company.
    I'm full of useless info!

I believe SouthEastern is still actually run from offices in Tonbridge.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Any train news this morning ?
    spotter.gif
  • Options
    not too bad this morning. well i went in late. Not a lot of good will to all men out there tho is there? some loony smashing his fists against the windows at lewisham to try and get people already rammed in to move down. everyone laughing.