Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Swindon - MATCH THREAD

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2009
  • Options
    Sorry, Falcs ........

:o(

Anyone see that Wordsworth scored the winner for Colchester ..........is that what you call poetic justice?
  • Options
    good one oggy
  • Options
    Sam Sodje was stupid, diving in studs-up. nailed on straight red.
    Burton TOTAL PLONKER. Talked himself into the book whinging to the ref about a challenge on the fairly hapless Akpo S, then deliberate handball jumping in their goal area. 2nd yellow to follow silly 1st one.

Llera's equaliser was immense- my watch showed 3.15 of 4 mins stoppage time. EVERYONE jumping around in glee (apart from their lot, of course.)

Ref got booed off at half-time, but he really had no choice with the red cards. Basey booking late on was ridiculous.
  • Options
    Anyone notice that we've scored 16 goals in our last 5 home games.....?

Averaged over the course of a hypothetical season - that would result in about 70 goals scored at home.
  • Options
    What a result! Swindon were really poor and if we had 11 it would have been an easy win. Sodje went off for 10minutes with a head injury which must've caused the stupid challenge. Burton booked for dissent complaining that we shud have had a pen. 2nd for handball. Ref gave us nothing.
    Everyone in the 2nd half put everything into it so happy llera scored as the boys deserved it for the effort put in.
  • Options
    Also see that Charlie MacDonald got sent off for Brentford today.

So he won't be able to play against his old club on Monday.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Springy is an enigma. The man's packed full of quality, should really have been a top champ player if not a good career in the prem. But yet somehow he goes through real hot and cold spells. I'd wish he'd turn into our Fulham era Danny Murphy. Hold back, occupy space in front of the back four, tackle and pick up pieces as his continutity-passing is superb. I'm glad he played well.

Oggy thought that was out of order, as I like Charlie McD. But then my slow strategic brain cogitated the whole of your comment. Doh! Bang on there mate.
  • Options
    All the players in the second half were simply fantastic, as were we, the support. It would have been all too easy to collapse in self pity, but when the ball fell to Miguel at the end, every Swindon fan, every Swindon player, Danny Wilson and their keeper must have collectively said 'oh f*ck' to themselves, because I absolutely knew it was gonna be a certain goal....great Valley moment that.
    I am glad i wasn't a Swindon player after the match, but Danny Wilson didn't exactly cope with things brilliantly....certainly not a well as Parkinson who deserves a 9.75 for his efforts today.
  • Options
    If I was Danny Wilson I would be asking myself how Swindon could not tear apart a 9 man team, the one time they put their foot on the ball and passed it around they created space for their spare men and scored, but to paraphrase the great Barry Davies, frankly who cares!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]

Oggy thought that was out of order, as I like Charlie McD. But then my slow strategic brain cogitated the whole of your comment. Doh! Bang on there mate.

Just trying to draw reference that Charlie Mac misses out playing against us.
    I believe he's only ever managed 10 mins against us (last Sept)...... it must seem like a curse to him.

Deffo not knocking Charlie Mac, tidy player and one of our old youngsters - always like to see how they're all still getting on.
  • Options
    So good to see a Charlton team, and Charlton crown, really up for a game, even at 1-2 and down to nine men. I'm hoarse from today, I expect many others are too.
  • Options
    I thought that was really gung-ho of Parky with only 9 men to play with 3 up front for that last 10 minutes.

Sure he had to do something - but he was prepared to take a calculated risk.
    And today it paid off!
  • Options
    I see Dicko got 10 minutes at the end ..... not much time to make an impression I guess, but how do people think he played?
  • Options
    Dicko made a few good passes. Hard for any striker to make an impact when the other side had 2 extra men.
    We'll see how he goes.
  • Options
    He looked good, one superb cross field pass, busy and playing for the team .. hopefully the start of a new phase for him and us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]He looked good, one superb cross field pass, busy and playing for the team ..

That's exactly what Parky said he wanted from Dicko.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!