Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

brentford v charlton - post match views

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
All holed up in diddly diddly oirish pub. Add post match views here.

Legs are killing me, forgot what hard work terraces are !

Comments

• good man.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]All holed up in diddly diddly oirish pub. Add post match views here.

Legs are killing me, forgot what hard work terraces are on your tiptoes !
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    Legs are killing me, forgot what hard work terraces are !

And they're only little legs to be fair. Did you take a box with you?
  • Last three matches we have come from behind . Signs are that we are getting some real grit and character in this Charlton squad. Bodes well for rest of season imho/
  • funny seeing the ott ejection of baldy.

We didnt seem to start playing until they scored.

Dickson did well and not sure why parky took him off when sodje was ineffective. Mcleod for sodje seemed a better option.

Glass half fall: another unbeaten with a patched up side

Glass half empty: 3 without a win the end is nigh
  • cant find a programme who have we next.
  • From the OS:
    "Bailey sent Dickson racing clear with superb pass and the striker was upended by the onrushing Price leaving D'Urso with an easy decision.

Bailey hammered home the spot-kick to preserve parity and both sides had their chances to take maximum points after that."

Question: did Dickson have a clear goalscoring opportunity when brought down by their keeper .....?

Remember, the interpretation is not necessarily last man, as many think.
    It's the denying of a clear goalscoring opportunity that is the red card offence.
  • nice one,walsall away is very winnable
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]nice one,walsall away is very winnable

Not a chance - we're bob.
  • Sponsored links:

• What tremendous character the team have shown. The loss of six points sure is painful but in all the circs three points gained is still a real achievement.

This team does not want to be beaten !! The motto of God's Own County of Kent is Invicta = Undefeated. Nuff said ....
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]nice one,walsall away is very winnable

could've said the same about our last 3 games !
  • I'd take any point when your entire first choice back four is unavailable, especially away from home.
  • Hey, folks ....... we're going into the New Year with just 2 defeats in 24 League matches.

That's tremendous. And in all my 100 years as a Charlton fan, I can't remember such a start to the season.

We're bang on course!
  • we can do it ,cant believe were second!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]That's tremendous. And in all my 100 years as a Charlton fan, I can't remember such a start to the season.

after 24 games we have 48 points. in 1980/81 season after 24 games we had 37 points which in modern terms with 3 points for a win,equates to 54 points.
  • exactly nolly.
  • im learning.
  • edited December 2009
    based on TK's numbers in my 33 years of watching charlton this is the second season we've had at the lowest level of football(charlton have played in) in 33 years and our worst start at that level in my lifetime.........sort it out parky
  • Sponsored links:

• but amazing away support,were need the bottom tier for the den! lol
  • Thought Dickson looked lively and their back four looked far more comfortable after he went off. Agree with Henry that Sodje should probably have been the one to be replaced.

Sam was frustrating, and Wagstaff pretty anonymous before his substitution. Don't think Basey had a particularly great game either.
    On the plus side, thought Llera and Semedo did well at centre back.

All in all, a point is not the end of the world given we were missing a few key players.
  • very disappointed shocking defending for the goal and we substitute the only player who was hurting them.For their goal a player ran un-opposed from one side of the area to the other mis kicked the ball and still had time to get a cross in.Matt Spring has got to learn you do not get time to play nicey nicey football in this league and slipped over from the first to the 94 minute.2 points dropped against a very bad team who imo have gone backwards since we played them at the valley.
  • [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Thought Dickson looked lively and their back four looked far more comfortable after he went off. Agree with Henry that Sodje should probably have been the one to be replaced.

Sam was frustrating, and Wagstaff pretty anonymous before his substitution. Don't think Basey had a particularly great game either.
    On the plus side, thought Llera and Semedo did well at centre back.

All in all, a point is not the end of the world given we were missing a few key players.

yep but semedo got booked unfairly imo and is suspended for Walsall.
  • sat in front of LARGE AND GOLFIE and the legend that is their Father.COME ON CHARLTON COME ON CHARLTON COME ON CHARLTON.Boy he sings far too quick for me ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]That's tremendous. And in all my 100 years as a Charlton fan, I can't remember such a start to the season.

after 24 games we have 48 points. in 1980/81 season after 24 games we had 37 points which in modern terms with 3 points for a win,equates to 54 points.

Is that why you call yourself Thread Killer ....?

I feel quite deflated. Good job we're now only 2 points from safety.

;o)
  • edited December 2009
    well at least this is the second best ever season and that if we go on making 2 points for a win as you say we are on course for,we'll easily surpass the 1981 effort where we almost threw promotion away and ended up on the modern tally of 84 points.

all to look forward to.
  • ^^ Amazing. A poster even more boring than OohAah.
  • Not a day for pretty players. Waggy and Spring especially weren't at the races today.

Plus side was Dicko's pace and contribution. I thought Akpo was the weaker as others have said above.

A fair result. No complaints.
  • That was the best I've seen Dicko play by a long way (although that's not saying much). Don't think he'd have converted if the keeper didnt down him, so a yellow was fair. Didn't realise that ridiculous yellow for Semedo was his fifth. That is bad news. I thought he was superb today. The ghost of Jorge Costa quietly turning threatening situations into goal kicks.

I thought we were by far the better side in the first half but we didn't really threaten their goal enough. When we upped it after they scored, I thought its only a matter of time, but we couldn't keep the momentum up. Disappointed with Waggy today, Lloyd Sam did what he usually does to me, wound me up. JonJo, hmm, maybe for another thread. Thought Basey did ok, unlike some here.

Sodje's a big old lump, but Burton leads the line much better. With Burton there I'm sure we'd have won.

Given the team, with Dailly, Richardson, Youga and Burton missing, and having such a tough one 48 hours earlier, I'll take that point and say decent day's work. Of course we've lost ground, but be sure the others will slip up, even Leeds.