Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warsaw vs. Charlton - 2nd Jan 2010 - GAME CALLED OFF AT SILLY O CLOCK

1235»

Comments

• Options
    cheers rick gotta say how grateful i am for this good on the club
  • Options
    Nice services though wasn't they Steve ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Nice services though wasn't they Steve ;-)

They were till some simpleton tried smashing his way out of the car park in a fiesta !

I thought the horn for the gumball rally had just been started
  • Options
    Up early, picked up nephew from Corby and arrived at ground at 12.45. Just as Talksport announced the game was off. Car showed temperature was 10 degrees at that time.

Good on the club though for refunding coach fares. I realise the club can't do much for those us travelling by car. Assume we'll get match ticket refunds as I won't be able to get to the rearranged game.
  • Options
    Will there be able to be compensated on the train tickets?
  • Options
    i bloody hope so Sean, bottlejobs at Walsall i bet that pitch was fine. Went down the ground, no sign of any action, they barely tried to get it on i bey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]Will there be able to be compensated on the train tickets?

did you book through the club or independtly if indepently dont be so bloody stupid
  • Options
    The Walsall players were all turning up at about 1pm.

It was like the old days with the old Astras and Focuses pulling into the car park.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]Will there be able to be compensated on the train tickets?

No way
  • Options
    Whilst galling for the travelling fans this could prove a blessing in disguise if the extra recovery time enables us to play our first choice back 4 (the suspended Sodje excepted) in upcoming fixtures.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the only saving grace Len
  • Options
    We got to the ground at 2.30. Phone had run out of battery and beforehand thought the game would be fine to go ahead! The fact nobody was around and ticket office and shop closed gave us a hint... Luckily for us we were going to Walsall as it is on the way back up to where we live after coming down for new years so was no problem for us but feel for everyone who had to turn round to go back.
  • Options
    Difficult one this, you can understand clubs wanting to give it the maximum chance to get games on, but it's tough on the travelling fans. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I live quite close to Walsall and if you'd asked me yesterday I'd have said I wouldn't have thought the game would go ahead, but, although the ground was frozen this morning, the way the weather looked when I got up I was expecting them to be able to get the ground sorted as it wasn't as cold as it has been and the sun was shining. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the pitch was playable by 3pm, but I guess they couldn't really risk letting the ground fill up and then send everyone home (not that it stopped Tyneside Police a few years back). Maybe the sensible thing to do would have been to call it off yesterday but you can understand why they tried to give it the best chance to go ahead that they could.

Still very tough on those who had a long wasted journey but I've been on the receiving end of similar when I travelled down to the Valley for the West Ham game a few seasons back only for it to be called off just as we came through the Blackwall Tunnel.
  • Options
    Have just got back. Went to the villa game along with a fair few Charlton fans. Am a little pissed off but think Walsall would have wanted the game on as there will be prob 600 less charlton fans there for the midweek game therefore costinng them at least 11 grand.

And to top it all had a 12 bet acculator and only liverpool let me down

Oh happy days
  • Options
    we seem to have had a lot in common today mate!
  • Options
    they called it off quite a bit earlier than they did the norwich game (2pm that one!!) and they had 3 times as many fans as we were bringing .....
    not that that's any consolation to our travelling hordes....
    i might be able to make the midweek fixture now!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]they called it off quite a bit earlier than they did the norwich game (2pm that one!!) and they had 3 times as many fans as we were bringing .....
    not that that's any consolation to our travelling hordes....

no, you're right, so why say it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]Have just got back. Went to the villa game along with a fair few Charlton fans. Am a little pissed off but think Walsall would have wanted the game on as there will be prob 600 less charlton fans there for the midweek game therefore costinng them at least 11 grand.

And to top it all had a 12 bet acculator and only liverpool let me down

Oh happy days

Same here on needing a liverpool win for an accumulator, I think the liverpool players must of had money on Reading !
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]Will there be able to be compensated on the train tickets?[/quote]

No way[/quote]

Spot on, how on earth could you expect the club to pay for your train ticket?
    Clearly not a frequent away follower cafc4life?
    I dont understand why the club should feel obliged to pay for the coach aswell i mean fair play but it is not charltons fault, why should we be out of pocket!
    Walsall's second game cancelled, they should cough up!

Anyone else see the pictures posted on twitter from CAFC?
    Pitch really did not look unplayable, unless it was rock solid underneath i dont understand why it was cancelled going on those images.
  • Options
    club have no obligation to pay coach ticket but i asked the question prior to yesterdays game.There is no way i would have got on the coach yesterday, knowing i wouldnt be refunded if it was called off,i would have waited indoors for a extra couple of hours meaning if it was called off i wasn't 3/4 of the way there.
  • Sponsored links: