Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

whats it like in london

13»

Comments

• Options
    About an inch and a half in Leytonstone. Looks all so pretty.

Working from home me thinks ...
  • Options
    we called all the deliverys off the roads are ok but the pavements are bad so unsafe to barrow on

snow day me nljr mrsnla and the harvey the dog all going to the golf course in 20 mins get in there
  • Options
    just started snowing again in Welling now.
  • Options
    Central London is clear, trains and tubes running fine but with delays.
  • Options
    Dartford is clear as a bell too

Boo
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2010
    Snowing relatively heavy now in Chancery Lane, not settling though
  • Options
    light snow in Stratford, though no amount of camouflage can prevent East London from looking grim.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Other side of the mighty 'stoke from Adam and we've now got about 8" and it's still coming down. Power cuts all around.

Anyone ever see the film 'Day after Tomorrow'......
  • Options
    Gave up on trains at Lewisham. 2cm of snow has thrown the city into a blind panic. How we got through the blitz baffles me. Now the Luftwaffe would just have to send some cnut with a snow machine. I suspect the bushmen of the Kalahari would have a more measured reaction to it all
  • Options
    lol my boss called me as had to leave my car yesterday, said that its quite bad where i was(Without looking outside) so what did he do? he come and picked me up. luckily roads are fine but i dont want to be in work, especially as just started snowing again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's like Christmas in Cornwall !

Working from home today - looking out of the window and looking down on the white village rooftops, the white fields and hills, it's like a Christmas card. Don't see it very often down here.

No buses because they can't get down the steep hill into the village and the road round the cliffs is sort of deemed too dangerous ........ it's only a 300 foot drop to the beach if you skid.

I've just lit the fire downstairs and made coffee.

All is well with the world.
  • Options
    i offered to help push a DHL van up the Heights this morning... he declined. he gave up in the end as he coudlnt do and turned round and came back down. i hate living on a hill. poxy valley.
  • Options
    Got to take the little 'un to Kings College hospital this afternoon, anyone know what the roads are like? Would it just be better if I just rearranged the appointment?
  • Options
    Give them a call mate, make sure they have the relevant staff at work before making the journey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]lol my boss called me as had to leave my car yesterday, said that its quite bad where i was(Without looking outside) so what did he do? he come and picked me up. luckily roads are fine but i dont want to be in work, especially as just started snowing again

After yesterdays incident, your boss should probably pick you up every day!
  • Options
    I gave them a call this morning and everything is fine their end. His appointment isn't till 3, just worried about getting up there and it starts coming down again.

Might just rearrange it as it's nothing urgent that we're going for. Cheers Tel.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I gave them a call this morning and everything is fine their end. His appointment isn't till 3, just worried about getting up there and it starts coming down again.

Might just rearrange it as it's nothing urgent that we're going for. Cheers Tel.

My daughter had hospoital appointment today in Sidcup, evem that journey was fairly slow so I wouldn't risk going up town.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]lol my boss called me as had to leave my car yesterday, said that its quite bad where i was(Without looking outside) so what did he do? he come and picked me up. luckily roads are fine but i dont want to be in work, especially as just started snowing again

After yesterdays incident, your boss should probably pick you up every day!

lol i'll suggest that although completely opposite way and out of his way, in simple say he lives at a, work at b, 5mins from his & i live at c, 10-15mins to my house so im sure he'll love that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I gave them a call this morning and everything is fine their end. His appointment isn't till 3, just worried about getting up there and it starts coming down again.

Ian said its taken ages to drive to Camberwell this morning. And if its due down heavy again this afternoon you will be stuck there.
  • Options
    I don't think I'll risk going up town especially as heavy snow is predicted at 3. Thanks for your help B and Stonemuse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MMmmmmmm Beer tastes so nice in this nice warm pub
  • Options
    What's it like in London?

Big place, lots of people. Property prices are a bit steep.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]What's it like in London?

Big place, lots of people. Property prices are a bit steep.

Hope this helps.

haha took words out of my mouth off it, but i just couldn't bring myself to posting it
  • Options
    OH shite, it is pummeling it down outside my work in a industrial estate. will i get let home early? and if thats the case need someone to drive me either home or to my car, depending whether driveable so i can get it home. I hate snow now! i loved it at first but its just getting in the way and causing a mild annoyance for me
  • Options
    Why didn't your boss drive to your car this morning then you could drive to work? Simples!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Why didn't your boss drive to your car this morning then you could drive to work? Simples!

i know i was running late so assume he didnt want me any later, also mum who is good friend of his said she doesnt want me driving although its fine everywhere in my area bar the industrial estate i work on. well it was earlier we will see late.....

should be interesting