Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest Films

Comments

• Options
    I watched a film on sky last night , All my life

Not impressed, its basically a romcom (which i normally enjoy fyi) just felt it was very predictable, tried to be heartwarming in spots. The main actors were ok but one to miss for me. 

5/10
  • Options
    Watched Ben Wheatey's 'In the Earth' yesterday. Could have been called 'Another Field In England' with it's small cast, woodland setting and psychadelic folk horror stylings. I found it alright, like most of his films, I enjoy the knowing dark humour, striking imagery and fun gore, but I always find his films just trail off into weird meaninglessness. I mean, I love weird but I just wish he would land a film with an ending that's more than just a blender full of acid, kaleidoscopes and folklore.
  • Options
    Watched Ben Wheatey's 'In the Earth' yesterday. Could have been called 'Another Field In England' with it's small cast, woodland setting and psychadelic folk horror stylings. I found it alright, like most of his films, I enjoy the knowing dark humour, striking imagery and fun gore, but I always find his films just trail off into weird meaninglessness. I mean, I love weird but I just wish he would land a film with an ending that's more than just a blender full of acid, kaleidoscopes and folklore.
    Thought the same about Kill List. Really unnerving film and finished like it did sort of took the gloss off it. 
  • Options
    Fast & Furious, the movie, not the curry I had last night, well worth a watch, completely over the top as per usual, bit of humour, and a bit of a back story.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Thought the same about Kill List. Really unnerving film and finished like it did sort of took the gloss off it. 
    Totally agree, I think the first 2/3 of Kill List is his best film.
  • Options
    Watched Luca the other day. I appreciate that I wasn't the target audience but my wife enjoyed it.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

I'n not a fan of Ben Wheatley. I hated A Field In England. His films are far too trippy for my liking . I will probably give this one a miss. 
  • Options
    Watched Luca the other day. I appreciate that I wasn't the target audience but my wife enjoyed it.
    I really enjoyed Luca and so did my little girl.
  • Options
    Fire in Babylon 2011

Not a recent film but an excellent documentary on the W Indies cricket team of the 70s and 80s. Some great footage and interviews.

8.5/10
    Superb documentary
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Fire in Babylon 2011

Not a recent film but an excellent documentary on the W Indies cricket team of the 70s and 80s. Some great footage and interviews.

8.5/10
    Superb documentary
    One of the best sports documentaries I have seen. The interviews are great and you are reminded what fantastic cricketers they were.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not a new one .. 'The Man with the Iron Heart' is a somewhat disturbing (some scenes of mass murder and torture) biopic of Nazi madman Reinhard Heydrich, the hunt for his assassins and the reprisals suffered by the Czechs for his killing. The film is based on the book HHhH which I read a while ago and found, like the film, both interesting and disturbing.
    The acting is first class, Stephen Graham giving a terrific cameo as Heinrich Himmler is a revelation
  • Options
    The Misfits
    Infinite
    Voyagers
    Rogue Hostage
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    The Tomorrow War 

Interesting take on Alien's 👽 trying to wipe out humanity.

Stars the beautiful Yvonne Strahkovski and Jasmine Mathews, but they're just supporting Chris Pratt.

It's got a bit of a Chris Pratt in Jurassic Park, but with Aliens feel to it. And a touch of time travel.

I think 👽👽👽👽 /5 is fair. I enjoyed it.
  • Options

Watched Nobody yesterday. Absolutely brilliant. Great action , funny and an amazing soundtrack. 

https://youtu.be/8VlBkajjQm4
    From the trailer it looks awful but I respect your critical facilities so I'll give it a go.
  • Options
    A Quiet Place - part 2

It was okay - the best thing about it was the performance of Millicent Simmonds. A bit too formulaic after the first film.

I thought it was really disappointing. Aliens that can’t swim . What nonsense 
    They'll have learnt how to by Part 3.
    Part 3 would be the aliens that sent the aliens to clear the indigenous lifeforms away turning up, expect a cleared planet but walking into the human race ready to kick ass.
  • Options

Watched Nobody yesterday. Absolutely brilliant. Great action , funny and an amazing soundtrack. 

https://youtu.be/8VlBkajjQm4
    From the trailer it looks awful but I respect your critical facilities so I'll give it a go.
    You won’t regret it 
  • Options
    Fast and Furious 9

Absolute drivel.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Fast and Furious 9

Absolute drivel.
    You have had at least 8 opportunities previously to reach that opinion….
    And yet still chose to watch it.

If you've seen previous ones, why not watch all before the 9th.

If not why start at 9?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Tomorrow War . 

If you fancy watching two and a half hours of naff sci fi alien nonsense then it’s available on Amazon prime . 

I wouldn’t bother if I was you .
  • Options
    Tomorrow War is awful but I had fun watching it. It ‘homages’ almost every half-decent sci-if movie of the last 40 years and not in a particularly clever way.  It mostly reminded me how good Edge Of Tomorrow is. 

What struck me the most the wavering tone. It seemed tongue in cheek at times, especially with the guy out of Veep playing the guy out of Veep (who is genuinely very funny). I can certainly see why it went straight to streaming. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Tomorrow War is awful but I had fun watching it. It ‘homages’ almost every half-decent sci-if movie of the last 40 years and not in a particularly clever way.  It mostly reminded me how good Edge Of Tomorrow is. 

What struck me the most the wavering tone. It seemed tongue in cheek at times, especially with the guy out of Veep playing the guy out of Veep (who is genuinely very funny). I can certainly see why it went straight to streaming. 
    I think it was enjoyable, but yeah never really that serious... It's like they couldn't decide whether to go comical or serious then totally bottled the serious option. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    JiMMy 85 said:

The scene where Sam Richardson shouts “Shit , Shit , Shit , Shit etc” while being being attacked by aliens is so terrible that it made me angry . I agree , he was playing the same character from Veep. 
  • Options
    Watched Love & Monsters on Netflix last night.

Know it sounds like a boy's week in Falaraki, but it's actually a really good family flick.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Fast and Furious 9

Absolute drivel.
    You have had at least 8 opportunities previously to reach that opinion….
    Assuming i'd seen the previous 8. I've seen one before and that was shite as well but i take kids. All i have to do is try and look interested.
  • Options
    I watched Blood Diamond for the first time last week. Had had big blockbuster feel about it. Thought it was excellent.
  • Options
    I watched Blood Diamond for the first time last week. Had had big blockbuster feel about it. Thought it was excellent.
    Blood Diamond is almost the complete film, excellent story, has a heart, fair bit of action and Di Caprio doing a Rhodesian accent that starts hilariously bad and gets really good by the final act 

I've watched a couple of films on prime recently 

The Tomorrow War 

I enjoyed it, absolute nonsense but it was fun the leads were all formulaic and I like Chris Pratt even of JK Simmons who I also like gets all the best lines. The film definitely doesn't take itself seriously 

6/10 

The odds

Nasty, horrible film. Don't bother watching this 

3/10 
  • Options
    Black Widow

Really enjoyed it. Not an Avengers/Capt America type movie, Natasha is a trained assassin after all, but there are super hero/super powered elements to it, elements of Bond/Bourne, a fair bit of emotional pull behind her and her sister’s story. No convoluted plot, a pretty straight on back story with tons of action, including chases and of course fight scenes.

Florence Pugh (Yelena) was the stand our character/performance for me and David Harbour’s Red Guardian was pretty amusing throughout.

My only small gripe is that a scene or two could have been edited down a bit to get to approx 2 hour movie. My kids thought the same a few scenes were too slow/drawn out.

I featured in an early scene when they landed in Cuba and it all gets a bit tense (no spoilers), which was a fab few days filming alongside Harbour, Winston and Weisz. 

8/10